This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BraedonAllisB View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:11am
just mowed the sidehill for the grandparents,worked perty well but got to steep so theres just a 1ft wide section left need to get with the weed eater. 
1940 B
19__ WD
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:41pm
Mowed the road ditches today with Dads 48 WD
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:31pm
Gonna fix the right rear tire tomorrow, but I gotta go buy a 12 ton bottle jack. My HF jack I bought over 20 years ago won't work. Dang thing has been good till today.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:53am
Neighbor approached me about seeding some waterways for him, he knows I have the All-Crop drill I've been doing mine with. We met, he showed me where they are, about eight miles from the farm. Hmmm, to trailer or to ride. Well, nice warm day, lets ride. At any rate, made the trip, took 100 lbs. of oats and a bag of waterway mix grass seed. Stopped by his place on the way back and dropped off the leftover seed. Told him he was living right as there was only about 5 lbs. of seed left in the box.

After changing oil in one of my Cub-Cadets, put the brush-hog on the 185 and did some mowing. Trying to keep the Canadian thistles at bay until I can get them sprayed! More mowing with the 185 on tap for today.
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
Brought it home and gave it a quick bath. Now it's headed to the storage shed, probably until next Spring.

Edited by Play Farmer - 06 Jun 2021 at 12:37pm
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:39pm
Raked hay with the 170 and 3pt New Idea rake then later rolled it up with 7045 and 1710 Gehl
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:46pm
Took the D-17 Series IV and hooked on to the Allis-Chalmers 300 wagon and drove it 3 miles to town each way to get 4 new wagon tires on the 300.  So happy I was able to get this done.  She should be good for another 50 years!
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm
Nothing (but that wasn't the plan lol). Installed a new 12V battery in my old WD so I could move the rotary mower, and she wouldn't even turn over. Ordered a new ground strap and a new battery cable to the starter, and hoping that is the source of my woe. Will know more later.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 7:54am
Serviced the oil-bath breather on the CA and both 45's. Used the 720 to help maneuver the 756 into position for the 'split'. Saturday I got one of the 'new' 45 fenders primer-ed. If the wind ever goes down I'll paint it! Hammered some small dents out of the other. Goal is to have them on before going to Hutch. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 12:04pm
Wind seems much lighter today, maybe you can get a crack at it. But I don’t know, I’m stuck inside all day today.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:33pm
Cut hay with the 200 and 488 new Holland hay conditioner that dad bought new in 1976. I'll probably rake tomorrow afternoon with the 256 new Holland rake that I bought used 10 Years ago. Dad loaned his out an never got it back. Friday or Sat afternoon I'll probably roll it up with the New Holland chain baler that dad bought new in 1976. Then next week I'm gonna get a spreader load of pell lime and potash and spread it. Grandson wants to learn how to run the skid loader. Its an old Hydro Mac "big Mac" made in 1975.    He outta learn how to run it picking up and moving the bales.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 2:23pm
Moved a downed cottonwood tree for a neighbor.  1962 D-17  (gas) with 500 loader with bale fork attachment.  45 lbs in front tires.  Rear wheel weights and calcium chloride in rear tires.
He was amazed the tractor could lift and move such a big tree.  
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm
Drilled two post holes with the WD 45 to put post next to loading dock to support the wall 

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Wind seems much lighter today, maybe you can get a crack at it. But I don’t know, I’m stuck inside all day today.

Plummer, got the tire side of both fenders done. Have to go the the dentist tomorrow, painting may not resume until Friday!
Anisha View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Sorry,
 As usual a day late and a dollar short! 
( I was bad and ran the Ford for 4 hours mowing) 
The Allis tractors get to rest. They did get rinsed several times today. We needed the rain.
But here are some shots from this past week:

GGrandson Rhett teaching me how to drive "his" tractor. He is 5 going on 15!

Yea thats a CASE hat on me. I like those too. Dont have one yet!

Rhett and his little brother Cooper fighting about who uses the only brush to scrub Rhett's  WD.

A good bath and resting in the shade on a hot day. Note the 7 bolt front end!

Cooper on "my" WD45! At least no one has claimed this one yet!

The WZ called into action to demo the "vast warehouse"! Way past time for it to go!

Wide front in for the clean up:

WD45 in back ground staying out of the way!

Made one heck of a fire too:

OK I am pretty well caught up!Smile
 Regards,
 Chris

It seeme to me thet children will remember this day for a long time. Vere cute pictures.

Rabindranath Tagore
employee tracking software
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:17am
Got the power washer out, washed one WD, two 45's, and the 185. Also washed the 782 CC and a C301 gas that's going in the 756 project. 6080 really needs a bath, maybe next weekend.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:53am
Ran the bush hog down the overgrown west fence line to do a few minor fence wire repairs.  Then fired up the '28 20-35 and did a patrol around the south pasture and over into the north pasture.  Then took the '47 WC for a short drive.  Just used it with the Allis
side delivery rake last week.  I will be using the D17 LP with loader for some jobs today.  I have to re-seal the tilt cylinders as the left one is leaking quite bit now.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:56pm
I used the D14 with the back blade to grade out the five yards of crushed asphalt that the dummy truck driver couldn't manage to spread down the driveway.  I also used it to pull the roller back and forth down it to pack it down.  It sure makes the driveway a lot smoother. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:01pm
Worked on my cousin's WD-45 yesterday as they couldn't get it started. Cleaned some connections (electrical) and topped off fluids and got her fired up.

Took it for a test drive and played with the 445 loader. Pretty sweet.

Edited by garden_guy - 14 Jun 2021 at 6:04pm
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:34pm
Mowed a waterway and a field with D-17 and 80R mower.  
Also mowed at least 4 miles of road ditch.
Moved some downed trees with the D-17 and 500 Loader
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:22am
Today was wash day…got a mini show at our neighbors farm this weekend.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 8:47am
That 'Low B' is pretty cool!

Yesterday, mounted the 'new' fenders on the wide front. Also what I think must be a new old stock toolbox. Had to drill two of the mounting holes and enlarge the top one.
Kip[NY] View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip[NY] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 10:29am
"Martha", our D-14, has been busy the past few days.  Got some piles of brush cleaned up with our 3-pt. chipper, hauled a load of pine needles out back in the old Model T trailer, and Bush Hogged a path around the edge of the fields to make work at the woods a little easier.  And besides...it is a good excuse to use Martha.
Kip
1959 D-14 SN/21089 "Martha"
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 8:00pm
Cancelled an afternoon of patients and mowed 10 acres of nice Timothy. Half boot, half headed. Horse people will go nuts for it but it is a little old for good cow hay. Heifers will go great on the bales with clover or birdsfoots in it. Used the wd45 with 82 side mounted mower. Certainly doesn't work as well as the disc mower but that fine grass loves to plug the blades
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 8:10pm
Another round of raking with the 170 and making round bales using the 7045

Edited by plummerscarin - 16 Jun 2021 at 8:10pm
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 3:04pm
Putting the last barley wagons in with the 45.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:17pm
Put new battery cables on my plowing WD. Insulation breakdown on the one running to the starter where the clip holds it up by the gas tank saddle; yeesh. They both needed replacing anyway. New battery went in and she fired right up for the first time in six months.

Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 11:51am
Gave the mighty midget a bath and use for first time in 4 years

8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 9:08am
Raked hay with the 'ol faithful WC and side delivery rake.  Both still working fine for 75 years old!!

JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 2:41pm
No parades in our town here this year for July 4th, so I drove our B around the neighborhood. Got a lot of waves.
Came home and opened a box of new parts from Steiner, and put them on.  Good day,
thanks for asking! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic