This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The OLD GUYS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The OLD GUYS
    Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:16am

Winter finds me back on the Forum again. Seems like I always take spring through fall off, and find more free time to cruise. Must be the cold weather!

Summer came and went. I didn't do much hobby farming other than working my little fields with the Styled WC and Disk, and then planting pumpkins. Also planted a crop of field Rye with the D-14 and All Crop Drill. Anytime I can get tractor seat time, is a GREAT time. I also gave driving lessons to the Girlfriend on the Unstyled WC. Oh Yeah!

Thought of a question the other day- How many of you fellas remember the old Forum? There can't be many of us left! I still recognize some names...Thinking now, this means I have been on the tractor forum for probably 15 years!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Sponsored Links

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:18am
The old forum  was the good ole days Don.  
                 IG

Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:25am
Wow there are quite a few here yet I believe - Now was thinking back the other day to the times then - a post might not change for several day or new things be posted - 
 Was trying to remember when i first started posting here had to be 1997 or so I think - and no political section then and in fact only one section - 
 Seems many have come and gone - some moved onto other things - others to a higher calling or beyond this realm . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:30am
I first posted in 2000 but under some made up name I can't remember. I posted about when my uncles and grandpa watched their first demo of a WD45 against a John Deere 60 pulling a farmer's plow. I've retold the story a couple times since. The farmer was my grandpa's neighbor who was considering a new tractor so the two local dealers met up in his field each with a tractor and took turns using the farmer's plow and the rounds were timed. It took place at Oslo, Minnesota, the southern Oslo not the northern. Yes there are two Oslo's in Minnesota!! I'll give one guess as to which tractor came out on top by a country mile. Big smile

Edited by Lonn - 22 Dec 2016 at 11:31am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:34am
There's still a few of us on here from the old days...
Some gone (John-CIL ...may he rest in peace) and others that just don't post as much.

But, I do like the improvements over the old site.  The different forums Darrin created is the best part.  I dwell here usually but visit the others on occasion.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:18pm
I had to look and see when I got involved with this 'gang'...Sept of 09...and yes I do remember the before site. It has been long enough that I do not remember much but I think the present is a little easier to use...I think.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:34pm
I remember the old forum only had 1 page that kept getting longer and longer.  New posts didn't bring the topic back to the top either.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:36pm
Sure have made alot of good friends around the country from this site !!!!!
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:42pm
I've been here since the early 2000's but under 2 different names. I was off a while and couldn't remember my password so I started anew. I have learned a lot here. Even though I don't know you guys,  I feel like I do. Great forum !!!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 3:59pm
I started here in 98 or 99, whenever we got our first puter, there was a fellow named Gordon Chance that knew a lot about AC an a few others that aren't here or I don't see
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm
I was here lurking and thinking Shameless was the ugliest guy I ever was. Gotten to know him on here and I guess he's not so bad after all. (I hope) See you in Booneville.
LSilseth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSilseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

I first posted in 2000 but under some made up name I can't remember. I posted about when my uncles and grandpa watched their first demo of a WD45 against a John Deere 60 pulling a farmer's plow. I've retold the story a couple times since. The farmer was my grandpa's neighbor who was considering a new tractor so the two local dealers met up in his field each with a tractor and took turns using the farmer's plow and the rounds were timed. It took place at Oslo, Minnesota, the southern Oslo not the northern. Yes there are two Oslo's in Minnesota!! I'll give one guess as to which tractor came out on top by a country mile. Big smile

The John Deere 60 Wink LOL LOL
MN FARM BOY
Luke
www.silsethfamilyfarm.com
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:16pm
By rearranging the letters "was" it turns into saw. Isn't that amazing? Says a lot for my typing skills learned 60 years ago. 
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:32pm
Boy, that was a long time ago!, when I joined the old site I bet there wasn't more than 10-15 people that posted regularly!
Lots of people and time under that bridge! Seems like it was 97-98? When I found it and joined.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JPG AUSTRALIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 5:35pm
I joined in the late ninetys, we got our first computer about late 97 but i joined on someone elses i used to use before that. I used to like the image archive, it kept every picture ever posted.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:03pm
'old guys'...gee thanks a lot ! though after shovelling what Shamless gave me the other day, yeah, I feel old.....
 Well I'm one...gotta be only had ONE D-14 in 2000...now have 4 !
Best bunch of guys on the web are HERE !!

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Andy E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:08pm
There used to be another gentleman from Australia (for the life of me) can't think of his name. He was very very knowledgeable and used to post on a regular basis. That was until some one ticked him of. I miss his comments and short movie clips like the two legged horse. Been on here for a few years, different names due to forgetting my pass word
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:20pm
Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so and then when we lost the good old one I got logged on this new fanged one on 12 Sep 2009 at 7:05amand boy did I hated trying to get a handle on all the new stuff this one had, I was so lost and well maybe I'm still lost. lol
Back in the olden days you get on and check for a new post and not see one new post for days but when a new one was posted you read and reread it just because it was new.
That was back when old Freddy, Steve and that bunch of good guys had a ball picking on each other over the funnest stuff, I'd laugh my butt off. I made lots of GOOD friends on the old one and now this one. I do miss the old guys going at it like the old one had. lmao

Edited by Don(MO) - 22 Dec 2016 at 6:21pm
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:24pm
I was a regular on the old forum.  I think from the start, or close to when Darin birthed it.  I see that I joined this one in Sept 09, so that would have been when the other died.  I'm thinking I started searching the internet for AC around 96 if I'm not mistaken, so I would have found the old site after that, but can't narrow it down much more than that.

I remember  that there were not a lot of questions, but when there was a new one, nearly everybody posted a reply to it.

There were a couple of other guys on here from western MI.  I can't remember their names, one did some auctioneer, and the other built custom houses.  They either quit here or changed their usernames.  They were helpful guys.

Edited by john(MI) - 22 Dec 2016 at 6:33pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:43pm
I'm going to go with "middle aged," but old poster. I was on the old forum back in the nineties. Eldon is about the only other one I remember from waaaaaaaay back. I think I found the forum through the old allis news, or else I discovered the old allis news off this forum. Can't remember which way it was, but both are a good find. Darrel
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:32pm
I have been here since it was still the old forum. Don't rightly remember the year, but believe it to have been the late 90's. Hard to believe how fast time passes, especially when you spend it with friends and family, as we are here on this forum.

Well glory be. Posted this and looked and it's right there, under my name. Joined the forum on 12 Sept. 2009.

OOPs. Looked again and many of us joined on 12 Sept. 2009. That may be the date it changed to the new forum we have now. Gosh, sure is great to have such a good memory.

Edited by Bob D. (La) - 22 Dec 2016 at 7:37pm
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:54pm
Brian Rees was from Austrailia and on the old forum, if only I could remember the builder from NW Lwr MI. I think he hd a tree farm. 
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:05pm
Found the old site in 2005 and have been around ever since
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:11pm
I guess I'd qualify as one of the "old Guys" as I've been on here since sometime in late '98.  Had one of those green things back then but it soon went away!  Made a lot of friends on this forum over the years; some I've personally met and others not yet!

Best site on the web and it's good to be part of the "orange family"!
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:08pm
I've been here since around 1999. Sure don't seem it's been that long but time stops for no man.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:10pm
I was also in tbe old forum. Remember that there was some who thought it was like the end of the world and Darin a actually kept the old one up and running for quite a while after this site was up and going. I was here in the fall of 1999 and beside the home page that came up on the browser that old site was my very first Internet page visited. My very first post was for the head gaskets I had reproduced for the Model A tractors and I sold them quite briskly for several years until I trasferred the buisness to Norm Minert and Larry Swenson

Edited by Butch(OH) - 22 Dec 2016 at 9:12pm
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

I was also in tbe old forum. Remember that there was some who thought it was like the end of the world and Darin a actually kept the old one up and running for quite a while after this site was up and going.

I remember that, just goes to show how people don't like change. The new site is so much better.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:39pm
I remember the old forum, especially the chat room..Man, some nights my sides would be hurting

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:53pm
[QUOTE=JoeO(CMO)]I remember the old forum, especially the chat room..Man, some nights my sides would be hurting[/QUOTE
Yea the chat room was kinda the political room of today.

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I was a regular on the old forum.  I think from the start, or close to when Darin birthed it.  I see that I joined this one in Sept 09, so that would have been when the other died.  I'm thinking I started searching the internet for AC around 96 if I'm not mistaken, so I would have found the old site after that, but can't narrow it down much more than that.

I remember  that there were not a lot of questions, but when there was a new one, nearly everybody posted a reply to it.

There were a couple of other guys on here from western MI.  I can't remember their names, one did some auctioneer, and the other built custom houses.  They either quit here or changed their usernames.  They were helpful guys.
 John the house builder your thinking of was  Brad Hopewell  if I remember right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic