This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DOT regulations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bradleytrench View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOT regulations
    Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 7:55pm
A buddy of mine posted a link to DOT regulations for Exemptions on motorsports trailers. I wonder if hauling your tractor to tractor shows fall under the same regulations as motorsports trailers? Here's the link. http://semasan.com/page.asp?content=DOT/UCR_Registration&g=SEMAGA
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 3:34am
regulations on trailers? hummmmmm....wonder if'n I could gits sum DOT numbers printed on that magnetic stuff and just swit....uh....nevermind...
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 5:35am
Ya do it with the plates!!
Rick143 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 5:48am
Your trailer needs to be licensed but if you are only hauling your own equipment you don't need a dot number on the tow vehicle. But if you haul a buddies equipment technically you should.   But the beauty of farm equipment is there are no titles so you can always say it's yours.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 6:48am
It all boils down to "are you doing it for money"
GaryL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Rick143 Rick143 wrote:

Your trailer needs to be licensed but if you are only hauling your own equipment you don't need a dot number on the tow vehicle. But if you haul a buddies equipment technically you should.   But the beauty of farm equipment is there are no titles so you can always say it's yours.

Trailers don't need a license in Oklahoma.  The drawback to that is the rampant trailer thefts.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:04am
I was talking to Bobby about this and he looked up this INFO and posted so you guys can have the right INFO from the "DOT" and not the half-trues and sometimes out and out wrong INFO.
One little thing you guys might be missing is that it all changes when you cross the state line. I'd look at this long and hard before saying this is not about my truck and trailer; it will not help you at the scales and that old saying I have not been ticketed yet so it's all good will get you no help out of the DOT. I'm not trying to be a butt just tying to help stop the BS that's out there on the DOT and hauling tractors to shows. I was in trucking in a big way for over 30 years and have set across the table for the DOT, so it's a been that done it fact you will not win with them, I have seen fines of over $10,000 and time in jail of 10 years for been wrong please don't find out the hard way.

Edited by Don(MO) - 20 Feb 2016 at 9:06am
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:21am
Some states consider going to a tractor pull with money prizes as commercial and so regulated as commercial. Hauling to a show without prizes isn't commercial. Hauling farm to farm fits the farm exclusion for commercial license requirement.

Gerald J.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:25am
I can maybe see someone getting a 10 K ticket for being grossly overweight and having equipment malfunctions out the a$$, but what would get you 10 years. ..? Darrel
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:53am
That's what I was thinking Darrell,,, dang
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:05am
Here is the part where they get a farmer for hauling grain to town even though it is in state and short haul.
You are required to obtain a DOT number if you have a vehicle that:
is involved in “interstate commerce,” which is defined as:Between two places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

Haul grain to Bunge at the river terminal 4 miles away, and it gets shipped down the river and across the ocean, and it CAN be considered “interstate commerce,”

Depends on what side of the bed the DOT officer got out of that morning.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:23am
It also depends on the size of trailer too. Size matters.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:41am
our "farm" plates here allow us 150 miles from the home address
GaryL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:12am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Here is the part where they get a farmer for hauling grain to town even though it is in state and short haul.
is involved in “interstate commerce,” which is defined as:Between two places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

Haul grain to Bunge at the river terminal 4 miles away, and it gets shipped down the river and across the ocean, and it CAN be considered “interstate commerce,”

Something is not right in your statement.  Interstate Commerce means among or between States (two or more).  Intrastate commerce is commerce conducted inside a Cparticular State. 

If a DOT official is considering a farmer hauling grain a few miles as Interstate Commerce, then I believe he is grasping at straws and inappropriately applying the Interstate Commerce clause with a wide brush.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:27am
Stan you bring up a good point. In the FMCSA manual under section 390.5 which is the definitions section: Commercial Motor Vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in Interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle ---- subsection 1 Has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross combination weight, of 10,001 lbs or more, whichever is greater.

So with that said if your trailer has a GVWR of 10,001 lbs in FMCSA eyes you're considered a commercial vehicle.

Now under FMCSA 390.3 sub section F part 3: The "occasional" transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of commercial enterprise. If you go to a tractor pull, car show, or tractor show, or any show at all; no moneys are exchanged for prizes or you have no sponsorships you are exempt from being considered a Commercial Motor Vehicle as long as you stay IntrAstate.

Once you travel outside of your home base state, now you fall under interstate commerce Right out of the FMCSA book: If you are a Private Carrier hauling your own products across state lines with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or Gross Combination Weight Ratings (GCWR) of 10,001-lbs or above, you will need a USDOT number / DOT number. In addition, if your gross weight or combined gross weights exceed 26,000-lbs when crossing state lines, you will need to register for an IRP license plate / Apprtioned license plate, IFTA fuel tax and Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), and Commercial Drivers License (CDL) class is dependent upon Commercial Motor Vehicle.   

Not trying to be a butt, Just putting the information out there.
IL D-Series + View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IL D-Series + Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:28am
Iowa DOT . If you cross state line , must have a DOT #visible on your truck, valid medical card,combination plate weight to cover what your hauling ,NOTHING can hang over side of trailer ,and an up to date log book .  FYI , stay away from Iowa !!!
KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:35am
Been thru all this with the DOT already. If the combination of the gvw of your truck and trailer together are 10,001 pounds or over, you are required, even if only hauling your own product or toy or empty trailer, to have a DOT number, and name of business, farm, or your own name, and in some states, the gvw of truck, trailer and load, all on your truck in large enough print as to be able to read grow a minimum of 50 feet.
You are also required to have a medical card if the gvw is 10,001 pounds or more.
If you are in such a vehicle or combo, you are to keep a log book if traveling over 100 miles from home base.
I have been stopped several times, the second thing they will ask you is where are you coming from, and where are you headed. Ofcourse the first question is for your license and registration. I know a LOT of people that got tickets for not having a medical card too.
Farmers are exempt from several laws, but the ones above we are not exempt from.
When you get a DOT number, you will eventually be audited. There is a lot of paperwork that you have to keep up with and have on file. I have an interstate DOT number, and 2 years after I got my number, two federal DOT officers came here from San Antonio, TX and audited me. They aren't too bad the first time, but you better have everything the second time they come around. Mostly maintainance records on every truck and every trailer, every time you serviced, repaired, put on tires, etc, are supposed to be on file, and dates each were put into service. And every truck and trailer has to have a DOT inspection every year. This runs into money if you have several.
If you haul commercially, there are many more requirements.
I run farm tags on all pickups, and farm limited on all my semis. I am allowed to go anywhere with the pickups, and legal to go within a 150 mile radius of home on the semi tags.
If you haul anything for someone else, you are supposed to have commercial tags and all the above, and a CDL. But as said earlier, farm equipment is not titled, so if stopped, "it is mine". And they WILL ask. LOL
In the state of KY, any trailer over 16' is supposed to be licensed if for farm use, and all trailers are supposed to be if personal or commercial use.
HERE, they are writing tickets all the time to these guys in a pickup pulling a trailer with lawnmowers on them, and saying it is a business so they have to have a DOT number, trailer liscense, medical card and a CDL.
Oh yea, you have to have a fire extinguisher and emergency triangles in every truck also. My last ticket was for not having my fire ext. in my pickup. I used the one in the combine and put mine in it that day and forgot to put it back in the truck. I was pulling an empty gooseneck, they pulled me over for a spot check, and ofcourse I got a ticket for not having it.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:43am
The Fines right out of the FMCSA handbook: Evasion of compliance-- Attempting to evade compliance with regulations--- fines are at least $2000 but not more than $5000 for the first violation and at least $2500 but not more than $7500 for a subsequent violation.

Violation of Commercial regulations ---- Operating a commercial vehicle transporting of property without complying with registration requirements----- Minimum $10,000 per violation
KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:57am
If you pull a trailer, and the gcvw of the truck and trailer are 10,001 pounds or more, and hauling your own property, and within your home state, you are not considered commercial, but you still need a DOT number and a medical card.
This came up when I was audited. I had a half ton truck that did not have a DOT number on it. I had a 20,000 gvw trailer sitting in the driveway when they were there, and he said I couldn't pull that trailer with ANYTHING that did not have a DOT number. Soooo, I just had to ask, what if I hook it to that old 79 half ton over there??? To which he quickly replied, and I quote,"I don't care if you throw that hitch over your shoulder and pull it down my highway, you had better have a DOT number across your a**".
I just said yes sir. Lol
As already said, for the most part, how far they want to carry things is up to the officer, and what kind of mood he is in.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

I can maybe see someone getting a 10 K ticket for being grossly overweight and having equipment malfunctions out the a$$, but what would get you 10 years. ..? Darrel

I have not been looking out of a jail, just telling what I have had told to me by DOT, the jail time can come from not complying with the laws after going thru DOT audit or one of your trucks is involved in a wreck with a deaths and you are found to willfully not to have done repairs required by law. Yes they can and have sent truck owners to jail for this!     
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

rodnil View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 1:31pm
In the beginning all states were told that the DOT regulations were necessary " A NEED FOR SAFETY WITHIN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY " . And also a need to have the enforcement of the regulations "UNIFORM " from state to state. And federal money would flow to the states to help implement the rules/regulations. The trucking industry wanted "UNIFORMITY" and thus bought into the program. That's all changed. The program has moved from "SAFETY" to "GET MORE MONEY" from the trucks and owners/drivers. It has moved all the way down from the LARGE TRUCKS to vehicles 10,001 lbs. and greater are under the DOT regulations in one form or another. If you have children and you want them to earn money in the summer time to help with school expenses or just to get them to see how working is needed go buy them an old truck and a trailer get them some lawn mowers send them out to find lawns to move and advise them to charge a fair price for their labors and the see what the DOT rules say about what they are doing. The truck will have a GVWR of 8,000 lbs. or greater and the trailer will be at least 3,000 lbs. = 11,000 lbs. gross combined weight which puts it over 10,000 lbs. and they are receiving compensation. I speak with knowledge as I was a State Trooper for 33 years. I've been retired for 15 years. My story is,I was ticked by DOT 2 years ago for violations that did not apply to me or anyone else in my situation. I later found out through an association for the trucking industry that the Feds were wanting the state DOT to work a campaign against "DULLIE PICKUPS only and/or those PULLING TRAILERS" I plead "not guilty" I had my day in court and the DOT Officer never showed up in court. Not counting my time or travel it cost me $1,400.00 in legal fees. But if you were to check my driving record today it will show the issuance of those tickets but nothing about the tickets being thrown out. I've been informed that those tickets will be on my driving record FOREVER. When I first inquired about getting a DOT number for my truck and trailer for hauling my tractors to shows/events the young lady at a DOT phone bank in up state New York asked questions about receiving compensation for attending such events. She went as far as to tell me if I even received a "RIBBON" for participation it would be considered by DOT regulations as "COMPENSATION" and thus I was a commercial enterprise and I would be required to get a DOT number. She went on to tell me that by not receiving any compensation I would exempt me from having a DOT number. I will tell you that if you ask DOT officers in more than one state the same question about a certain regulation you will most likely get as many different answers as officers you asked the question of. Remember; un-elected Bureaucrats make the regulations which become law and these same bureaucrats require law enforcement to enforce them. Just my thoughts from someone "out there".
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 1:42pm
One way to look at the DOT is think about what the IRS is like to deal with and you will learn all you can about what's required by the DOT.
DOT = Demand's Of Trucking! lol 

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by GaryL GaryL wrote:

Something is not right in your statement.  Interstate Commerce means among or between States (two or more).  Intrastate commerce is commerce conducted inside a Cparticular State. 

If a DOT official is considering a farmer hauling grain a few miles as Interstate Commerce, then I believe he is grasping at straws and inappropriately applying the Interstate Commerce clause with a wide brush.

Everything in bold italics is straight from the regulations. If you haul corn 1 mile to an elevator, and they ship it over a State line or out of the country, it CAN be considered Interstate shipping. I'm not saying it's right, just what the "law" says.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 4:32pm
KY, shoulda asked the agent idf he knew what a motor vehicle was... cuzz you throwin a hitch on youself would not be a 'motorized' vehicle.
80% of the laws need to be wiped off the books...
Been in the rodeo with them boys pulling an empty gooseneck with my 3/4 ton pickup. Truck licensed 'farm' at 12,000# and trailer licensed at 20,000# = 32,000#. and this state says you need to have all papers and logbooks and DOT numbers and healthcard beyound combination of 27,000#... Told the dot that I would register the trailer at 14,000# (14,000 + 12,000 = 26,000#) and he said that they take the greater number of the two (license or gvwr on plate of trailer)... Just a minute, License for 14000 and now you use 20,000? your playing games.
I called the state on several things and I got tossed back and forth and neither one had answers saying it was the other's dept. . Told them they better get their act together and get on the same page. later they dropped the healthcard crap for farmers... and don't need log books if your not running comercial.but then again, things could have changed more in the last 2 years...

As early as the Articles of Confederation the Congress recognized freedom of movement (Article 4), though the right was thought to be so fundamental during the drafting of the Constitution as not needing explicit enumeration.[4]

The U.S. Supreme Court in Crandall v. Nevada, 73 U.S. 35 (1868) declared that freedom of movement is a fundamental right and therefore a state cannot inhibit people from leaving the state by taxing them. In United States v. Wheeler, 254 U.S. 281 (1920), the Supreme Court reiterated its position that the Constitution did not grant the federal government the power to protect freedom of movement. However, Wheeler had a significant impact in other ways. For many years, the roots of the Constitution's "privileges and immunities" clause had only vaguely been determined.[5] In 1823, the circuit court in Corfield had provided a list of the rights (some fundamental, some not) which the clause could cover.[6][7] The Wheeler court dramatically changed this. It was the first to locate the right to travel in the privileges and immunities clause, providing the right with a specific guarantee of constitutional protection.[8] By reasoning that the clause derived from Article IV of the Articles of Confederation, the decision suggested a narrower set of rights than those enumerated in Corfield, but also more clearly defined those rights as absolutely fundamental.[9]

But the Supreme Court began rejecting Wheeler's reasoning within a few years. Finally, in United States v. Guest, 383 U.S. 745 (1966), the Supreme Court overruled Chief Justice White's conclusion that the federal government could protect the right to travel only against state infringement.[2][3][10]

----------------------- an interesting read...
"The American citizen does indeed have the inalienable right to use the roadways unrestricted in any manner as long as they are not damaging or violating property or rights of another.
Government, in requiring the people to file for "drivers Iicenses, vehicle registrations, mandatory insurance, and demanding they stop for vehicle inspections, DUI/DWI roadblocks etc. without question, are "restricting
", and therefore violating, the Peoples common law right to travel.*"
the whole thread here.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by GaryL GaryL wrote:

Everything in bold italics is straight from the regulations. If you haul corn 1 mile to an elevator, and they ship it over a State line or out of the country, it CAN be considered Interstate shipping. I'm not saying it's right, just what the "law" says.
CT, depends on who paid you I would think, If you hauled it to the elevator 1 mile or a hundred miles and the elvator paid you, that is in your state... and thats as far as your ownership of it goes... after the elevator ships it from your state to the next state, or another country... then that is the elevators ownership of said commodity...  So...  the coppers better get it right I would think.  
 I guess if you apply that DOT twisted mentality to a marriage, that woman the copper marries  decideds to divorce him and then gets married to another person, she is still the coppers wife... when she's laying in bed legally with another...?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
ironac View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 5:14pm
Can the dot just leave us alone and focus on requiring RV owners to have a cdl before hitting the road. Some of the RVs out there are massive. And it's scary when you see who is driving them!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:15pm
How many have been ticketed for an unsecured load?????
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:29pm
and ya'll wonder why I buy cops...beers!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:36pm
I'm starting to think this might be the cheapest way in the long run to haul something to shows.
It's just like riding the bus, just get on and leave the driving to the bus driver, sad but true with today's DOT rules.

Edited by Don(MO) - 20 Feb 2016 at 7:49pm

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:07pm
Being that beer has been brought up here is the section 392.5 Alcohol Prohibition
(a) No driver shall—

(1) Use alcohol, as defined in § 382.107 of this subchapter, or be under the influence of alcohol, within 4 hours before going on duty or operating, or having physical control of, a commercial motor vehicle; or

(2) Use alcohol, be under the influence of alcohol, or have any measured alcohol concentration or detected presence of alcohol, while on duty, or operating, or in physical control of a commercial motor vehicle; or

(3) Be on duty or operate a commercial motor vehicle while the driver possesses wine of not less than one-half of one per centum of alcohol by volume, beer as defined in 26 U.S.C. 5052(a), of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and distilled spirits as defined in section 5002(a)(8), of such Code. However, this does not apply to possession of wine, beer, or distilled spirits which are:

(i) Manifested and transported as part of a shipment; or

(ii) Possessed or used by bus passengers.

(b) No motor carrier shall require or permit a driver to—

(1) Violate any provision of paragraph (a) of this section; or

(2) Be on duty or operate a commercial motor vehicle if, by the driver's general appearance or conduct or by other substantiating evidence, the driver appears to have used alcohol within the preceding four hours.

So you might be careful hauling beer to shows. You might get in a little trouble.

Edited by Bradleytrench - 20 Feb 2016 at 8:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic