This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norm [IND] your a real class act!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norm [IND] your a real class act!
    Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 1:21am
Thanks for back dooring me on the G!!! That was a real scum bag move! 

I was taught there are some golden rules of doing business:

A) First come first served!
B) When at an auction and a friend or neighbor is bidding before you don't bid! There will be other equipment to bid on, but, good friends and good neighbors are hard to come by!
C) When 2 people are doing a business deal KEEP your nose out of it! If the first person and the seller don't come to an agreement then and only then do you step up and take your turn!!
D If you break rules A, B or C you cause hard feelings and make it rough on yourself to do business.

I was waiting for pictures and a price and you come in, step on my toes, and take over on my deal! I hope the next time you are lurking in the shadows you bring the grease gun, that way I won't feel so violated!

If anyone is wondering what I'm talking about search the post of : Looking for G.
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:10am
  Ermm

Edited by Rfdeere - 28 Oct 2017 at 2:54am
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:50am
 I read the G post. Your gripe is with the seller. Find another excuse to dislike Norm. Doing buisiness on a public forum has its disadvantages.
TEDMI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEDMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 4:00am
   I have to agree with todd on this one ,

TEDEMI
powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 5:58am
Anyone who's ever sold something knows the first person with cash in hand gets the sale, esp with internet deals. Looking at the post, it seems like there are plenty of "G's" to go around. You might feel slighted now, but there's probly bigger things in the world to be worried about.

Edited by powertech84 - 20 Feb 2010 at 6:00am
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 6:50am

Todd,

I think you might be taking this a little too personal. I have had dealings with Norm over the years and he is not the person you make him out to be.

I read the posts the other day, and did not come off with the same impression you did.

The seller had never posted that you were "first in line", and given your statement about buying "Well like most of us Mike little as possable! LOL! ", if certainly gives the impression that you may be a "tire-kicker". Not saying you were, it just comes off that way. You put the onus on the seller to provide you with pictures, "You can PM me with them if you like. ", thus giving him the option of NOT providing them.

When you are a serious buyer, you can not think a seller is going to wait around for you to decide to buy.  Serious buyers step up quick with the cash and seal the deals. I know that I have sold stuff in the past, and there are potential "buyers" out there that would have me hold the item for a long time, without so much as a deposit, because they felt they were "first in line". It may be that way in your neighborhood, but out in the rest of the big bad world, another dog will eat your food, if you dont.

I understand your disappointment, and I can see why you thought you should be upset, but I think you are taking an unfair swing at both Norm and the seller.

I hope you CALLED Richard and got his skeleton, it seems that would have met your needs.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes better for you.

Glenn

Edited by GlenninPA - 20 Feb 2010 at 6:52am
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:37am
From a previous parts encounter with the man, I can relate. There is no honor among thieves.

Edited by GBACBFan - 20 Feb 2010 at 1:35pm
Anthony View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 8:27am
I think some responsiblility lies with both Norm and the sellar.First if I was Norm I would have said "If Todd in NY doesnt want it I am interested." And the sellar should have told Norm " Todd is first in line so if he doesnt want it you can buy it."

I have been on both sides of this and I have told people they are second in line and I have told people well if John Do doesnt take it I am interestd. That stuff about who ever shows up with money first is a bunch of crap if you ask me.

There are things in this world more important like honor and intregrity. My mom taught me that my name is more important than any riches.

Todd we would probably get along pretty good, I operate by the same set of rules you do. There has been many times I have let friends buy somethig at an auction because I believe in treating people the way you want to get treated.

Alot of times we discuss before the sale what we each are interested in so there is no competition. Although I have bid on things before not knowing of friend was bidding on them and I stopped bidding immediately and after the sale apologized.
Anthony View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 8:27am
and I cant believe a spelled seller, sellar...............sheesh sorry
old man mi View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old man mi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 8:55am
I have to agree with Todd. He started the post looking for a g and was waiting for info  Norm hijacked it  no question  my 2 cents  Steve
BLee Mn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLee Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:03am
Yeah , i know how todd is feelin, ive been backdoored on posts here too!  Some People have No Morals. BAD buisness on Both ends there!!!!  I always say,   WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND!!!!
Cowboy UP
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:27am
Todd, after looking a your post "Looking for a G" and the follow ups, I don't see your point in slinging mud on Norm. He did not send a private message trying to "back door" you as you say. He publicly posted his contact number asking for info just like you did. If you and the seller had some private arrangement outside your public post that he didn't honor, then your beef is with him. I think that ...#1 you are very disapointed, and #2 you are entirely out of line, and absolutley wrong in your attack on Norm! I do hope that you find a suitable G in your price range for this project. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
DouginIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DouginIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 10:44am
Yeah, Todd, I'd say you took one. View it as a lesson learned, but keep a good memory.
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 11:10am
 I Sure hope the farm machinery section doesnt get as rough for some as the political section
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:00pm
Wow from the many PM's I've recieved about this Norm he must be doing one heck of a businees! Why is it that he is more than willing to sell Parts on here but doesn't have an add in the Parts Store. Yea we all have sold parts on here and I myself have sold parts on 2 B'S, but, Norm advertises as having an 800 number and anytime someone is looking for parts he is right there responding! Why doesn't he spend the money to support the site? 
Also in the many PM's I have recieved NOT 1 has been good! I will not post the names or the content of the PM's but like my dad always said the more you screw people the farther you have to go to screw the next person. 
Keep up the good work Norm!!!
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:11pm
Norm and Todd..  i do not know either one of you but let me say this i have no dog in this hunt .. but i can say from a lot of experience .treat people the way ..you want to be treated .. if a mistake was made .. try to get over it .. life is to darn short  not to .
I once applied for a job and was real excited about it.. thought i had it for sure .. went home  and that night  told a couple of (friends ) about it . The next week one of the guys told me    that he was hired ...for that job .. p##### me off .. He is still at that job .. and we are still friends .. go figure ?
just my opinion
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:44pm
I have to agree with Todd. Todd is the one that put the post up looking for the G and Norm stepped on his toes by posting that on Todds post. Now if Norm had his own post looking for a G and the reply from the seller was on his post also, then its fair game but instead Norm hijacked Todds post.
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:45pm
I'm going to try and stay neutral on this one.  Sometimes people will honor things as to who is first in line.  Sometimes they don't.  I know you might be upset with Norm, but do you know for sure that Norm was the one who got the G?  Someone else may have saw the thread and called and got it and you don't even know.  For all I know, someone could be mad at me about the D17 I just bought.  It was on craigslist and I called a couple days after it was posted at the price was right.  I was third in line, and the seller said to be fair, that he would let people look at it in order to be fair.  The first guy didn't want it after talking about it on the phone.  The second guy got busy and had to cancel his appointment to look at it.  I was third, went to look at it, committed to buy it and gave the seller some money down until I picked it up two weeks later.  Now the second guy might be miffed at me as I jumped him in line, but I look at it as the seller contacted me to come look at it and also I'm a firm believer that if it was meant to be, I would get it and I did.  I can understand your anger, but I don't know if taking things out in the open on a public forum is the right way to go about it. 
smuggler View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:48pm
Well if you look way back in a post I had advertising battery boxs MR.NORM also had to cut rite in and under cut me. So todd I hear ya on this 1. And I will say not to toot my own horn but the battery boxs norm is selling are not in the same category as the boxs im building. Kinda like a kia to a caddy lol. 
Ron(WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 1:23pm
Whoa! Hold on a second! You mean to say if something is being sold by a seller, whether at auction or whatever, if a "friend" is also bidding or interested, you back away and let the the "friend" get it for his price??? How about the seller?? Aren't you screwing him with your non-compete monopolistic attitude??? And who are your friends, those who you are afraid of and don't want to cross, or just people you think you know versus those you don't think you know or maybe want to get even with??? Your ideas do not speak to the free market system we so cherish in this US. Also from the sounds of your post, Todd, you and Norm (Ind) are NOT "friends", so what is your gripe? Is all this over a G or did you just want to spew some venom, and Norm happened to be a convienent target? If I were to sell something, I would sell to the highest honest bidder, unless I had made an agreement to sell for a lower price to the first buyer, then I would hold my agreement to that first buyer, based on all agreed terms and conditions. That is a matter of principle, not competition. Todd, just make sure this is really worth your ire and reputation.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 1:28pm
I always thought "first in line" dealt with a seller who advertised something for sale.

From the post, Mike NEIN never said it was for sale. He said he had one, and he asked what it was worth. He never said he was selling it. I wouldn't have said you were "first in line".

Now Richard and Dale both offered theirs for sale. Are you angry because smuggler asked Richard his price? It does not appear so. What is up with that?

If someone said they were looking for an IB pintle hook, and I said I had one, would that prevent me from selling it until they decided if they wanted it? Again, I think not.

I feel bad for you, and I know you are unhappy, but step back and look at the situation objectively. I just don't think it is the morality issue you are making it to be.

The only other thing I can say is be glad this isn't a Green site, as they would flatten your tires so they could get there first! LOL
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 1:29pm
Money talks. The seller sold it to someone else before you had your chance. End of story. You win some and you lose some. Lots of G's left. Move on to the next one.
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:13pm
Chuck Norm did buy the tractor.

Ron(WA) Yes that is correct. I have done this on more than one occasion. When you have friends at an auction don't you talk about what you are interested in with them? I'd feel pretty upset, if, when I started the bid and the friend I'd been talking to jumped in and started to bid against me. When you are at an auction how do you know there aren't people with interest of the seeler not already bidding? If the friend of mine is the first bidding I get next to him and if he stops bidding I'll ask him are you done? If he is and I'm willing to spend more THEN and only then will I start to bid. If he wins GOOD for him!
As to people I'm afraid of? I haven't found one of those yet. I guess I'm too stubborn or to old to run. I also don't try to get even with people. I confront them on the spot, air it out and then I'm done with it.
I have never meet Norm (or care to). I'm trying to figure where I'd get venom towards him?
As the matter of principle your right it IS the principle! I'm not in any kind of compition with Norm, at all! I posted I'm looking for a G and he walked right in and bought it out from under me. If he had said hey if Todd doesn't want it please call me, That'd be a whole different story!

Glen If it wasn't forsale why was there a post answwering I have one and why was it sold to Norm?????????

Let me try to put it this way: You are at a mans place looking at a tractor and I pull in the driveway. As I'm getting out of the pickup YOU ask the seller of the price. When I here the price I run and holler I'll TAKE IT!! and through the money on the ground run over jump on it and pull out the driveway. Wouldn't you be upset? I would be! What is the difference here?

Glockhead: I had the money and would have talked but was shut up by Norm and not given the chance.

If any of you understand this isn't about the tractor as many of you have said theres more. You are right the point of this post was the dirty scumbag move put on me by Norm. If this is they way he does business. I was trying to warn others! Again from the amont  of PMs that have been sent to me about Norm he must really have to stretch out to find new people to do businees with! 
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:22pm

I have learned their are no friends at an auction, I bought a WD at a local farm sale and a guy told me he was going to bid on it until he saw me bidding, and then a week later I was at another sale and was looking at a case 830 diesel that ran good with good tires and he said he was going to buy it so when it sold for $800 I poor word choiceumed he bought it and went to congradulate him and he said he didn't even bid. From that point on if I want some thing I bid, it makes no difference if your bidding against a friend, if you both want it the one that is willing to pay the most will get it anyway.

Edited by Denis in MI - 20 Feb 2010 at 2:23pm
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:31pm
It's a dog eat dog world out there folks.CASH TALKS BS walks.It is just a tractor and the last I checked there are plenty of them still out there.I dont have a pony in this race, but this is what happens in the big world.I have drove hundreds of miles looking for a deal,usually to be disappointed.Drove 80 miles to Danville to buy a tractor,the guy had an emergency at work and could not meet me.Told me to come back next saturday.I called next sat. morn,. and he sold it the night before.He said sorry the guy had cash and I did not know if you would come back.Yes I was mad ,but I got over it,these things happen.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:42pm
I think this should have been handeld differently on BOTH the buyer AND the seller. Buyer should have said "If Todd doesn't buy it, I am interested" and the seller should have said "Todd asked first, so he has first right of refusal". I think it's extremely low though that a buyer would come in and hi-jack someone else's wanted add.  This goes for any buy/sell situation. I have some more opinions on the matter but for the sake of feelings and business I'll keep them to my self. For now.
Lance/SC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance/SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 3:01pm

I have bought from Norm several times and his items have always been as they were represented to be.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 3:49pm
I can see at least 3 sides to this....none are squeaky clean or right from where i sit.
That being said, I've listed tractors on the local Kijiji site,someone says 'can u hld it til satrday'. Well, I'm old school(56+ andsay sure....they don't show up or email...so I let the first cash person take it away. As other's have said, cash in the hand !
As a side note,I think I read the G was for a 3rd party,so getting approval might have been tough? Also, the cost to electrify a G is NOT worth it,unless you've got a free motor, power convertor and 4 big batteries.G's sip gas ,don't guzzle it !

Gary IN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary IN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 4:01pm
Lessons aren't free and you just bought one. Have a good memory. As someone said what goes around comes around. He got me once, so your not alone. Good friends are hard to come by norm must not need any. Don't need friends just want to sell parts must be his moto. Gary IN
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 4:20pm
It seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short, just missed a real good deal or something like that. But I would not try to take something out from under someone else, knowing the deal is being worked out. But let's not get all the dirty laundry out. The point had been made and if Norm or the seller wants to respond they can. I do have a mental list of members that have had problems and I just steer away from them. It's not hard to tell the difference between the guys who do this for fun and a hobby and the guys that are trying to make a buck.
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic