This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agco=Your Massey Company

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agco=Your Massey Company
    Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm
I saw this article in the Country Today and of course zero mentione of Gleaner, just bragging up Massey-Harris as the first self-propelled combine. 

Of course it is a great thing they did by presenting Old Glory.  It just makes you sick they forget their heritage so fast.

Edited by Michael (WI) - 25 Jul 2012 at 10:42pm
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:33pm
Well, since Mr Cobb is the MF product marketing guy, it does make sense that he would be talking up MF.  Of course a mention of Gleaner and/or AC pull type combines (the biggest selling pull types made).
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 3:36am
They should seriously change the name of the company, but they think Agco, Your Agriculture Company is perfect, i told them what it really stands for, they got all bent out of shape

Edited by DougG - 26 Jul 2012 at 3:36am
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:48am
What they really should call themselves is WELL BUY YOU OUT AND PAINT YOU RED AND CALL YOU A MASSY!!!!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 6:14am
Drink a coffee,think of the good old day's and move on .
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:24am
Doug. Keep up the good work. Consider it a form of exercise.
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:04pm
 Leave AGCO alone, they are trying to run a company and make decisions that they think are best. Allis died in the mid "80"'s, they will not be back. If you want AGCO to do want you think is best then belly up to the bar, get your wallet out, buy up over 51% of the stock, and start making the calls. Untill then, all you're doing is stirring the pot with your misplaced loyalty.  Thereby making AGCO unwilling to entertain any ideas having to do with Allis Chalmers equipment.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
NEJim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:49pm
I grew up with Allis and still have several Allis tractors but I also have 2 Massey tractors.  Allis is gone and I have to proceed to make a living.  That doesn't mean I like what AGCO did but that's life.  I do like the features MF have and I know they originated with AC.  Besides they're not green/yellow.....  We'll just have to live with it.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 3:33pm
Some sure get all uptight when you criticize AGCO..........errr I mean Massey Ferguson............spit spit spit. 
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 3:34pm
You guys that say move on,or they died in 1985.......Why are you still messing with Allis Chalmers. Why dont you move on and collect and restore a tractor line that is still making tractors ?  Like it or not you cant make Agco go away,you have to go there to get parts for the Allis Chalmers tractors. They dictate the price we pay for parts. So as far as I am concerned bitch away !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                       IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 3:38pm
It's guys especially like ILGLEANER that have paid the price for AGCO's bumbling. The value of my own older machinery takes a beating when AGCO pushes itself out of the US market. Parts get higher priced and harder to find etc etc. I'm with ya IG, bitch away!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 3:43pm
Leave AGGO alone.....go buy New Holland, or Kubota or John Deere that's what I did.  As much as I love Allis equipment I won't buy one because I don't want to have buy parts from AGCO who has lied to me personally.   

It's impossible for any one person to buy 51% of AGCO at this time, (I looked into it back when they switched), but if enough guys don't by their bull then maybe they'll listen.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:10pm
Many times I have seen the Deere followers Pay sometimes as much as double for there green stuff just becouse its Green and yellow.
And I have seen many people complain about the price of AGCO parts and when compaired to a similar Green/ yellow part they don't complain any more.
Everything in the real world is expensive. You need to shop and compair before you complain. I am sure that AGCO has people that look at there competitiveness and adjust accordingly. If you see prices that are out of line and you have something real to compair to you can buy the cheaper items and keep quiet or you can buy the cheaper item and tell AGCO why you bought it. or you can buy the AGCO part.
But don't complain about expensive parts unless you have compaired it with something else.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:14pm
That fact that this broken record argument came up on this article is actually pretty funny.  Have any of you read the article?????  Its about the new MF combines.  It only talks about MF combines and NOTHING else.  They are promoting the new combines JUST like they did a couple years ago when they came out the Gleaner Super Series.  Oh and the guy interviewed in the article put on a Gleaner product meeting the othe day that I attended.

The end of the orange tractor line was a mistake but we havent seen the end of it and this is nothing new! Its been happening for the last 100 years!  Look at what A-C did to Advance Rumely!  If the numbers of farmers keeps declining like it does in another 100 years there will only be one or two brands left!

As a dealer employee I am personally offended by these remarks, especially when I make that extra effort to try to find people the parts and give them the service support for the older items. 

Jim
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:20pm
The problem with that Dave, If Agco would just drop AC parts altogether. Then maybe we could get some sideline company to make more of the AC part at competetive prices. I just got 2 bolts at my AGCO dealer yesterday for the steering cylinder on a 220. 42.00 a piece. They are a 3 inch bolt fine threaded,with a castle nut....thats stupid. From a company that has taken away Orange tractors. And I have bought alot of green and yellow parts, there is no way they are higher then Agco. Quart of Persion orange at Agco.  80 bucks.
                                                     IG
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:23pm
Jim, dont take it personal. But you are they guys that have no choice. I can go buy some other color. You guys are stuck with the counterfeits.
                                                       IG
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:29pm
I am glad that AGCO is still there supplying Allis Chalmers parts, otherwise there would be a lot of parts not available because no one would make them.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
AC 426 power View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 426 power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 5:56pm
Its unfortunate that AC had to die in the matter that it did and it would have been nice for them too ended up like lets say IH and still live on although there just basically a decal but still it would have been nice to see AC have some sort of existence. Although we still do have gleaner Lol.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 6:48pm
like my coffee   black ,no sugar Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

You guys that say move on,or they died in 1985.......Why are you still messing with Allis Chalmers. Why dont you move on and collect and restore a tractor line that is still making tractors ?  Like it or not you cant make Agco go away,you have to go there to get parts for the Allis Chalmers tractors. They dictate the price we pay for parts. So as far as I am concerned bitch away !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                       IG
  I still mess around with Allis-Chalmers equipment because it's well built & easy to work on (which has nothing to do with AGCO).  Not sure how to answer your 2nd question because I don't "collect and restore", I buy and use (which has nothing to do with AGCO).  I'm glad that AGCO is here to supply parts for all of my Allis-Chalmers equipment because if they close the doors we are all in trouble (this has everything to do with AGCO). Agco has to dictate the price just like every company. My company has seen many AGCO prints to be quoted, but we never get the jobs because we're too high. They're trying to keep the prices down.  10" disc assy from Deere $138.46, AGCO $63.82.
A grass stick for the mower $4.65 which is a nice, low price. I don't complain about AGCO, I don't like to pay high prices but I do need the parts and where ever you go you're going to pay. So if you want AGCO to resent the old Allis-Chalmers name and equipment just keep on complaining and they may stop suppling Allis parts all together.  
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Well, since Mr Cobb is the MF product marketing guy, it does make sense that he would be talking up MF.  Of course a mention of Gleaner and/or AC pull type combines (the biggest selling pull types made).

Im almost certain there are no pull type combines being made any more? 
< id="pluginobj" ="application/x-vnd-actl-tl" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; visibility: ; ">

Edited by AC WD45 - 26 Jul 2012 at 7:35pm
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
ACscott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 7:47pm
Guys I can see both sides of this story, you guys say just order them online, support one of the vendors etc which is fine and I have done it before. But sometimes I like going to agco they have the correct filters even with the ac logo, we have a couple good parts guys that try their best to get you the parts, if the parts are too much I look some place else. If you order a part and its wrong they send it back. Ordering online you have to deal with all the shipping BS twice if the part is wrong. I know we have never owned a newer agco product so I cant speak about that. This whole deal with agco is kind of like the old saying "when life gives you lemons make lemonade".  Maybe some guy can make a new business reproducing old ac parts.
all in all I hope agco doesn't stop making parts for my tractors that are 50-60 years old because no one is making them keep making parts.

Edited by ACscott - 26 Jul 2012 at 7:49pm
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:34pm
I see it both ways. And I also like driving 50 miles to my local Agco dealer. All other colors are 5 miles away. But you cant say they died,or move on . And say Agco has nothing to do with Allis Chalmers. If they died,there wouldnt be any parts to buy. And if you say move on,you wouldnt be going to the AGCO dealer to get Allis Chalmers parts. That is all I am saying, there roots come from Allis Chalmers. They are  ALLIS GLEANER COMPANY.
                                                      IG
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:59pm

Im almost certain there are no pull type combines being made any more? 
< id="pluginobj" ="application/x-vnd-actl-tl" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; visibility: ; ">[/QUOTE]

ACWD45, you'd be wrong!  Head up to Canada in September and watch the Canola harvest as Four wheel drive tractors pull BIG IH and Deere pull type combines around the field picking up windrows made with 30 and 40 foot windrowers.
Been there, seen that.  It was interesting. That was in 2000.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 9:40pm
Well I hate to add to the fire, but a rumor I had heard from somebody else recently is that there is supposed to be orange tractors produced again with the A-C name on them from AGCO in the future.  I think it would be awesome, but I highly doubt its the truth, although the person that told me said he read it somewhere just recently.  I don't know what to think of it. 
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
Austin(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:08pm

You should ask him where he read that...Im curious.

Edited by Austin(WI) - 26 Jul 2012 at 10:10pm
"Better By Design"
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 12:09am
Well I can beat a dead horse with the best of you. Lets see, a combine designed by White, produced by the Allis Gleaner Company and called a Massey... and even though Massey quit building combines in the 1980s the "history" dates back to the Canadian company Massey HARRIS and it's all wrapped up in an American flag to boot.  But don't pick on them, yes it's all BS but it ain't easy to move those things when your competition has better designs, better resale and more dealers so they're just trying to sell them any way they can.

Edited by Dave in il - 27 Jul 2012 at 12:11am
AGCO My Allis Gleaner Company
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 4:56am
Amen Fred . . . . . . . .
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 6:07am
Ride a dead horse

Or beat a dead horse

I know which one I prefer and it ain't riding one

Wink
I am a Russian Bot
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:20am
Why do I think of Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day whenever this subject comes up?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic