This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model "CA"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model "CA"
    Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:00am
Hi ppl, I have a model "CA" and I can't get the cylinder to lift the mower or even move.  it wont go up or down. I have checked the fluid and i have pleanty it seems. I there something else i can check or do to get it to work? Dont know much about this tractor as we just got it running but it hasnt been long since it was used and it came with the mower hooked to it.Any help is greatly appreiated. Thanks..< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Sponsored Links

Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:03am
Is your PTO engaged? PTO has to be engaged for hydraulic pump to work.
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:12am
Push down on the clutch when engaging it or else you will hear some bad sounds> LOL
I Love Meatballs and Dumplings on Toast with Gravy and Rosemary and ??? {Open For Suggestions}
witteman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:42am
thanks guys, ill go give this a try , seems to me the pto was dissengaged< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 11:07am

Yes with the pto on, the lift arms should come up first and then the remote cylinder will extend.  If the pto is running and the arms won't lift you may have a check ball stuck in the pump. I always try pumping the lift arms up and down if this happens and sometimes they come back to life...otherwise you have to remove the pump and clean it up which is a PITA. Also check the fluid level (same as rear end, dipstick in front of LH axle.)

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic