This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disk blades for 2500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disk blades for 2500
    Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 8:52am
I have a 20 foot center fold 2500 at 9 inch spacing that needs new blades. I believe they are supposed to be 22". How thick should they be? I have rocks though usually no bigger than a foot diameter which is bad enough. What did that disk have originally? Thank you.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 4:10pm
According to sales brochure, form no. AED 771-8102 which covers models 2100 (mounted), 2300, 2500 and 2600.
Model 2500 non- fold, center fold and double fold:
22" diameter smooth or notched.
7 Ga. thickness
9" spacing
No variations listed for any of these specs.
It did note that they could be ordered with smooth blades front and rear, notched front/smooth rear or notched front and rear.
Hope this helps. 
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 5:26pm
OK Thank you
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 7:41pm
Hey Lonn, long time no see.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:36pm
Yes it's been a while. I have read the forum at times. I mostly don't look at the political section anymore. Surgeries and job change after a 20 year gig has occupied my time. Right now working on a WD I have and next is an H3 crawler for someone.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:50pm
We hope your road to recovery is uneventful, hopefully all goes well.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 1:10pm
Slightly off topic, but wondering what y'all think of the 2500/2600 discs versus the older 3000 series Allis branded but were made by Crustbuster? Around here, the old Crustbusters have a reputation of ridging badly, but did Allis fix that when they designed their own discs?

Edited by CrestonM - 02 Feb 2024 at 1:14pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 3:58pm
There was no finer disc than a 2500 or 2600 disc, especially in the double fold frame.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:08pm
I have never had a disc do as nice a job as my 2600, I just wish I had bought the 2500 I found just after I got the 2600, I only looked for 10 years to find the right one.... 
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:56pm
The 2500 and 2600 Allis Disc, were the best kept secret in farming.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:47pm
That's good news. I've got a Wilbeck twin offset that makes a great level seedbed but would love to find a nice 24+ foot 2600. 
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:42pm
I put 24" on our 2600 here and am getting along just fine. Our mainly gets used alot for the first pass and needs to cut good so I got heavy ones. Our dirt wears them out unlike some places that you need to sharpen blades so I figured I'd be able to run them a long time and maybe even save some bearing wear? If you haven't already bought them agrisupply company often has good deals on blades.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 9:54pm
I don’t mean to hijack post ether. Following crestons question. How does the center fold work
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 8:16am
A disc is no better than the operator that is pulling it. I went out on a 24 ft 2500 DF disc complaint one time and rode one round with the complainer and got out of the tractor cab and started walking towards my truck. I explained to him 8 MPH was causing his problems and 6 MPH was a max speed. Gang angles (adjustable) frame leveling (front to back) drawbar/tongue height all affect what kind of a job any disc can do. A center-fold A-C disc has an OPTIONAL center pivot pin stop to eliminate humping of the frame center, It too is adjustable. A center fold AC disc can do a good job with a knowledgeable operator. The 3000 series disc was known for center humping and didn't have a center pivot stop available to my knowledge.

MrSnerdly View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSnerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 11:54am
Where are you planning on getting blades?  I was going to go with Shoup on my Krause but I found out the local dealer is cheaper even during Shoup's Feb sale days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic