Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=199523
Printed Date: 24 Sep 2024 at 3:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Disk blades for 2500
Posted By: Lonn
Subject: Disk blades for 2500
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 8:52am
I have a 20 foot center fold 2500 at 9 inch spacing that needs new blades. I believe they are supposed to be 22". How thick should they be? I have rocks though usually no bigger than a foot diameter which is bad enough. What did that disk have originally? Thank you.

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Replies:
Posted By: Ky.Allis
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 4:10pm
According to sales brochure, form no. AED 771-8102 which covers models 2100 (mounted), 2300, 2500 and 2600.
Model 2500 non- fold, center fold and double fold:
22" diameter smooth or notched.
7 Ga. thickness
9" spacing
No variations listed for any of these specs.
It did note that they could be ordered with smooth blades front and rear, notched front/smooth rear or notched front and rear.
Hope this helps. 

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 5:26pm
OK Thank you

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 7:41pm
Hey Lonn, long time no see.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:36pm
Yes it's been a while. I have read the forum at times. I mostly don't look at the political section anymore. Surgeries and job change after a 20 year gig has occupied my time. Right now working on a WD I have and next is an H3 crawler for someone.

-------------
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:50pm
We hope your road to recovery is uneventful, hopefully all goes well.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 1:10pm
Slightly off topic, but wondering what y'all think of the 2500/2600 discs versus the older 3000 series Allis branded but were made by Crustbuster? Around here, the old Crustbusters have a reputation of ridging badly, but did Allis fix that when they designed their own discs?

Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 3:58pm
There was no finer disc than a 2500 or 2600 disc, especially in the double fold frame.

Posted By: Amos
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:08pm
I have never had a disc do as nice a job as my 2600, I just wish I had bought the 2500 I found just after I got the 2600, I only looked for 10 years to find the right one.... 

Posted By: bigal121892
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:56pm
The 2500 and 2600 Allis Disc, were the best kept secret in farming.

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:47pm
That's good news. I've got a Wilbeck twin offset that makes a great level seedbed but would love to find a nice 24+ foot 2600. 

Posted By: Adam Stratton
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:42pm
I put 24" on our 2600 here and am getting along just fine. Our mainly gets used alot for the first pass and needs to cut good so I got heavy ones. Our dirt wears them out unlike some places that you need to sharpen blades so I figured I'd be able to run them a long time and maybe even save some bearing wear? If you haven't already bought them agrisupply company often has good deals on blades.

Posted By: Mikez
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 9:54pm
I don’t mean to hijack post ether. Following crestons question. How does the center fold work

Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 8:16am
A disc is no better than the operator that is pulling it. I went out on a 24 ft 2500 DF disc complaint one time and rode one round with the complainer and got out of the tractor cab and started walking towards my truck. I explained to him 8 MPH was causing his problems and 6 MPH was a max speed. Gang angles (adjustable) frame leveling (front to back) drawbar/tongue height all affect what kind of a job any disc can do. A center-fold A-C disc has an OPTIONAL center pivot pin stop to eliminate humping of the frame center, It too is adjustable. A center fold AC disc can do a good job with a knowledgeable operator. The 3000 series disc was known for center humping and didn't have a center pivot stop available to my knowledge.

Posted By: MrSnerdly
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 11:54am
Where are you planning on getting blades?  I was going to go with Shoup on my Krause but I found out the local dealer is cheaper even during Shoup's Feb sale days.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net