This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sticking brale pedal - 6060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticking brale pedal - 6060
    Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 3:06pm
Inside (left) brake pedal sticks down on my 6060. Anyone have a cure for this problem?
Sponsored Links

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 3:52pm
They get dry and sticky where they pivot in the plastic bushings. You can try oiling them, but usually just take them apart and clean them good. Couple of snap rings involved with taking them apart. Make sure to keep the splines indexed properly.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2024 at 5:24pm
Mine had this problem from new.  Dealer took the master cylinder off and rebuilt it.  Still would stick occasionally, so last winter i pulled the pedals off and found a tiny stone in the nylon bushing  removed it and never have i had to lift that pedal up with my toe since...if only I had done that in 1985....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic