This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures from the Agco Tractor Plant in France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowaktj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures from the Agco Tractor Plant in France
    Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:08am

Guys-I am traveling for work here in France this week and with coming in one day early I thought it would be fun to go up to Beuvais and find the AGCO tractor plant.  After some driving around I found it.  Notice one of the pictures shows probably one of the last "orange" tractors off the assy line.  Enjoy!  Terry

D19D, D17D, WD, WC, Snobee, #83 Plow, SC Blade, 14' disk, 400 series planter, B , Terra Tiger, M Dozer w/Baker Blade, TL-12, 42S Grader, G
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:37am
I just don't understand. If AGCO can build a red tractor, then a yellow one that has different sheet metal, different cab top, and fenders and different wheels, why not make all the parts the same and just paint different colors. It wouldn't cost as much to change the color as it does to have all the different pieces of trim.
 And the sign I notice has no orange on it.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 04 Oct 2010 at 11:39am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:53am
I didn't know they built Valtra in the same plant.  That is interesting.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 12:45pm
Charlie, that would be way too easy.......
Thanks for the pictures, nowaktj. Thought I spotted two orange units in one of the first pictures.

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 04 Oct 2010 at 12:46pm
WC, CA, D14, WD45
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 6:49pm
Aww that's just a shame and really ticks me off. In a way i'm glad that they killed off the orange, it was nothing but a Massive with orange sheet metal and different trim. They tortured Allis long enough, put her to rest.
Did I metion that I REALLY, REALLY hate Massives?
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 7:32pm
I saw a presentation on the cab top at a conference.  They are all made as just minor variations of the same design by the supplier.  Keeps costs down but lets each brand have a different look.  
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:19pm
I like the orange ONE.  What a joke, I never thought I'd see it come to this.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:42pm
Your "AG Company" my behind, how long till the ex flooring salesman retires?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 6:27am
Don't all the tractors in France run backwards?  You know, run the other way!!! LOL!!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:48am
I will never forgive Richenhagen for thrusting this upon us.
Spitting in the face of your loyal customer base is idiotic beyond measure. I have learned to hate masseys, too. I will never buy anything with that brand name. I own a challenger track tractor, and now wish I had never bought it. There will not be another on this farm.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:48am
I'm with Charlie -- can't really be that hard, or expensive -- don't get it. Interesting to see the plant. Thanks for taking the time to get some pictures.
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:29am
We toured the plant in 2000 and it was impressive then.
GT in Indiana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT in Indiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 10:20am
Is it true that one of the tractors back fired and all of the french workers ran to the front gate to surrender?  (Sorry, couldn't resist)
1955 WD45 we like to call Ruby
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 1:08pm
You can get an orange tractor made by AGCO but it's a Valtra.  You can get Valtra in I think seven different colors or something like that.  Why didn't they do that with AGCO?  I have never got a good reason for them not to make an AGCO tractor with several different heritage colors.  Trimming down the lines for money savings is BS.  I thought they did it so they could get rid of some lower producing dealers but it seems like, at least around here, all of the dealers were retained.  So now I think it's just a European trying to screw Americans.  So, I move on.  I may buy AGCO-Allis tractors to get the air cooled diesels and get my parts for them from the Deutz dealers of which I have two that are closer to me than AGCO.  Anyway, I digress. 
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 3:55pm
Massey sucks.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

Massey sucks.

I second that!
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:35pm
Already stated my opinion on Massives, but it goes farther back than the AGCO version. I have disliked them since I was a kid having to run a a stupid little 135 gasser. It was gutless, hard-starting, and stayed broken down more than it was running. On top of that, I think having to use it with a scrape blade helping the neighbor do landscaping work is why I have a screwed up left knee these days. Maybe I go too far blaming the knee on it, but I have gotten off of it and hardly been able to walk, it hurt that bad.

Sorry for this turning into a bashing session. Thanks for sharing the plant pics.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 8:57pm

The pictures got me to thinking I wonder if all these tractors in the photo's are ones that are not sold yet and all the orange ones have homes here in the states? 

AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:52pm
Oldoug, I like the way you think!!
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:03am
Does anyone know if that plant is just an assembly plant or do they actually manufacture part of the tractors, like the transmissions/rear ends there? Place looks pretty neat and clean, no smoke stacks or dirty buildings.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:38am
I attended the late Allis Chalmers funeral in 1985, I am sorry to see the once great orange fade but I refuse to mourn Agco. ALLIS CHALMERS ORANGE will always be dear to me. Whew I feel better now.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 1:23pm
This is a manufacturing building, they build the smaller rearend and transmissions here plus assemble all the tractors over 90HP to 275hp.  The CVT transmission and rearends are built in the Fendt factory in Marktobodorf (sp) Germany.  And the AGCO Sisu engines are built in Finland.  I have been to all but the Engine plant and my brother has been to all.  Very impressive factorys
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 5:59pm
I don't care.  If that 5445 showed up in my yard I would not complain a bit.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:46pm

Rick, you wouldn't complain about the 5445?!

Don't you know that Massey causes bad knees, deficit spending, genital warts, global warming, etc.?  Everything is Massey's fault.  If you paint it orange though, it will all change as somehow the orange paint on the hood changes the iron underneath so that it is a completely different tractor.  People that were perfectly happy with an orange tractor, shriek like little girls and call it crap if the hood is red.
I am still not sure how a tractor can go from the greatest thing since sliced bread to the cause of all afflictions to mankind with a dab of paint but maybe one day I will figure it out.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 4:01pm
Hey Spud, you should probably go to the doctor and get those warts taken care of.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 4:05pm
I have a question:
If it's the Agco Tractor Plant in France, why is the printing on the sign in English  (Your Agriculture Company)? You'd think they would have had the words in French! Maybe I'm thinking too hard.

Edited by Goose - 07 Oct 2010 at 4:06pm
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 5:45pm
Good Comeback AllisFreak!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:25pm
Thanks.
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:42pm
Somehow people have this goofy idea that massey is loved all around the world. In my neck of the woods it is ridiculed. I would be embarassed to have that brand on my equipment. Taking away the brand I wanted did not automatically make me want massey. Taking the orange paint away and removing the AGCO name from it and calling it a massey doesn't change anything about how it is built or designed or what factory it came from, but it does have a very negative image in much of the midwest. I don't see that changing any time soon. They have pretty much poisoned the whole batch of AGCO brands with this move. With the exception of Gleaner, I will steer clear of any brand they market.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:59pm
Spud if you are honestly to stupid to understand the difference in paint,why would you even say anything?
                                                IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic