This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford F150 Lighting ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford F150 Lighting ??
    Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:15pm
Do any of you guys have you guys have your name in the pot at your local dealer for this electric grocery getter ?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:48pm
are you thinking about trading in your 20 year old rusted out Lumber Wagon ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:51pm
Nope, thinking about YOU WinkClap !!!
bemer848 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemer848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:52pm
Does the brew oval fade in it as the battery runs down?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:55pm
In all honesty, the main chassis/cab  of the '05 is rust free, it's the  steel service body that will be the downfall to this "mechanically sound" Ford product
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:56pm
just think of all the GAS you will save when your setting at the RR crossing, watching the 200 car PARKED TRAIN !!  Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Sadly, I found out that BOTH of the calipers on the rear of my buggy have been locked up for "who knows" how long and since repairs, my MPG has gone from 10 to 12 Embarrassed
I "SIT" at a RR crossing, I don't "set" BTW Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:05pm
but apparently you can't SET your brakes while you SIT ?  Clap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

but apparently you can't SET your brakes while you SIT ?  Clap

He's been set on stupid, for as long as I have observed him...LOLBeer
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:09pm
Stop "observing " me then Clap !! I don't recall any worthwhile answer to any of my questins in recent years anyhow Wink 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:13pm
yet... you STILL cant take a HINT ??? Wink   Clap
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Do any of you guys have you guys have your name in the pot at your local dealer for this electric grocery getter ?

Not me. Gonna have to make decision on the ‘ol Suburban this summer. Floor is getting spongy under drivers feet, transfer case has a slight leak, rear ac doesn’t work, drivers door latch doesn’t work from the inside. Just don’t know if it’s worth it. Wanna try and find a pickup thats old enough that it doesn’t have the government third eye, but still in good shape.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:21am

Stop "observing " me then Clap !! I don't recall any worthwhile answer to any of my questins in recent years anyhow Wink 

One can't help observing loud noises and bad odors...Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:03am
A Lightning will be coming to my driveway ,hopefully in the near future. One of my brother's 'gigs' is to do 'test drives and reports'. gets all sorts of vee-hick-les to 'use and abuse'.
The last one here was the e-Mustang..POS.
The big issue with them is cost of batteries. F-150 EL pack, small one is about $18000 to 'remove and replace' every  8 years. While the technology is nice(not impressive) HOW it'll last in salty Ontario remains to be seen.
The other is RANGE.You can only get just under 240 miles on a charge.No passenger,co cargo, no trailer behind you.
Pet peeve for me, seems ONLY 4 door,4wd available.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:04pm
The big issue with them is cost of batteries. F-150 EL pack, small one is about $18000 to 'remove and replace' every  8 years. While the technology is nice(not impressive) HOW it'll last in salty Ontario remains to be seen.
The other is RANGE.You can only get just under 240 miles on a charge.No passenger,co cargo, no trailer behind you.
Pet peeve for me, seems ONLY 4 door,4wd available.

How can anybody justify buying a vehicle that has an $18,0000 repair bill every 8 years.  If a person keeps a truck for 16 years,(not unusual), they are faced with a $36,000 cost in addition to the acquisition cost.  I saw the base unit is priced around $60,000.

So lifetime cost is around $96k not including insurance/operating/repair costs. 😲😲😲

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:00pm
How ?
Easy... I've gone GREEN...saving the World,,'bad' fossil fuels.... Green is GOOD....
hard dee har har....

I've had my '97 F150 for 23 years, so 3 'battery replacements' x $18 is FIFTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS... That alone will buy a brand new F-150 with economical gas engine in it....

I know of a local guy tossing batteries into a newer Mini... than kinda makes sense....
just not cents.!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 5:09pm
First Hand knowledge of Three Tesla Owners from Day One with the first sold, TWO have had a Battery Change, NOT Warranty as Hours of Service went beyond the Warranty Schedule.  Seems the Battery System has a Meter that derives 'Usage Time' even during Recharges, so that $18K is Chicken feed as these were well above $22k with the Labor in Shop to perform. Third one is just coming due and the owner has already spoke to the Tesla Distributor here, $23,600 NOW.  ALL are 2009 models and received ONE Warranty Battery Swap.  Do NOT see Eight Year Lifespan due to Deep Cycling batteries.

Hybrids, am aware of Four that are sitting, Batteries will not accept sufficient charge to drive for any length of time, Small gas engine is pretty well at limits when Battery Charge gets low so piddly poor economy.  Battery Swap on a Honda Prius $16500, for a Nissan leaf $17200, REQUIRES all cables and associated relays be replaced as well as battery to receive even a Year Replacement Warranty.

Fully Functional with NEW Battery NONE of these EV or Hybrid will Bluebook for more than $18,000 Retail.

Edited by DMiller - 28 May 2022 at 5:28pm
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:32pm
What is the carbon footprint of one of those batteries?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:49pm
Between Mining, Manufacture, the current INABILITY to Recycle, MASSIVE.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:55pm
My 2013 F150 is 4 wheel drive, 6 speed, has close to 400 HP, gets 20 MPG at 58 MPH and 15.5 MPG at 77 MPH....... and ITS PAID FOR!!............ Think i will set this one OUT ! Wink
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:52am
Buddy of mine just said he's going to buy an electric truck just as soon as Joe Biden gets an electric air force one.
AcFordHawk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcFordHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 10:06am
Steve, my 2013 F150 Supercab 4X4 with the 5.0 and 3.73 gears has similar fuel mileage and plenty of power.  On the rare occasion, the mileage computer will register 21-22 mpg for the tank (probably downhill with a tail wind).  Probably going to keep it for a long time since only has 121,000 on the odometer.
IB (restoring), MF GC1705, MF 2705E
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:11am
apparently every ford dealer has to take at least one of the E trucks. but now the company says if they sell that one truck, they will get fined by the factory. don't say how much the fine is, but now the factory wants to put the E trucks on line sales only with a no haggle price. the factory said they caught one dealer with their E truck that listed for under $40,000. and the dealer was trying to sell it for about $150,000. factory put the kabatches to that! they sound like an over sized golf cart to me!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:22am
My local dealer told me they can't order them. Ford has temporarily shut off the orders. He claims they have had a lot of interest in them and can't give a manufacture/delivery date, so Ford has shut down orders until they catch up.
Morpar55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpar55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:06am
All the auto manufacturers are still having trouble getting vehicles out the doors, and lots of dealers are jacking up prices in response. We looked at a new Ford F250 or F350 and in either case the dealership was charging $30,000 over sticker price! According to the salesman the trucks we looked at were lease trucks with less than 300 miles on them, so they were no longer considered new trucks. We drove an F350 with almost all of the options which the original sticker was $80,000, but the salesman thought he could get us into the truck for $105,000! I took a hard pass on that one!
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:18am
I guess I bought my 2021 F-350 at a good time. I had planned to order in April to get delivery after the snow and ice season. In early March, Ford sent me a "returning customer coupon" for $2500 off my best negotiated price. 

Since I had decided to trade and I had "built" my new truck online (several times), I went in, made a deal on my trade-in and ordered the new truck. That was early March. My new truck came in in mid-April. I was out of town and picked it up on April 20. 

When I was picking it up, the dealer told me that trucks were getting hard to get and I was lucky I ordered it when I did. I thought he was making me feel good about ordering, but it turned out that it was truer than I would have ever believed.

Sorry to get this thread off topic.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Not me. Gonna have to make decision on the ‘ol Suburban this summer. Floor is getting spongy under drivers feet, transfer case has a slight leak, rear ac doesn’t work, drivers door latch doesn’t work from the inside. Just don’t know if it’s worth it. Wanna try and find a pickup thats old enough that it doesn’t have the government third eye, but still in good shape.
Shucks Lars, that sounds to me like you just getting it broke in! That's how Fords come new! They even have a pre-rust option (the rusting process is started during manufacturing) that seems rather popular. 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:39pm
Just heard the new lightnin truck has the option of a built-in coffee maker...

Its a mach-e-auto!  Wink
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:45pm
You guys sound like you did in 2017 predicting the doom and gloom of the aluminum bodies. Now everyone has at least some aluminum panels. 
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 1:19pm
For most city dwellers, if the husband and wife both work, they need two vehicles. To me the Ford Lighting makes sense. The guy wants a pickup to be able to hauls things, so he has a pickup. If the truck gets charged to 60% every night, that will still get you 150 miles, which will get most people to work and back. There are a number of companies putting in charging stations for employees to be able to charge their vehicles while work. If I was in that situation, I would consider one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic