Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=188491
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ford F150 Lighting ??
Posted By: FREEDGUY
Subject: Ford F150 Lighting ??
Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:15pm
Do any of you guys have you guys have your name in the pot at your local dealer for this electric grocery getter ?

Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:48pm
are you thinking about trading in your 20 year old rusted out Lumber Wagon ?

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:51pm
Nope, thinking about YOU WinkClap !!!

Posted By: bemer848
Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:52pm
Does the brew oval fade in it as the battery runs down?

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:55pm
In all honesty, the main chassis/cab  of the '05 is rust free, it's the  steel service body that will be the downfall to this "mechanically sound" Ford product

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:56pm
just think of all the GAS you will save when your setting at the RR crossing, watching the 200 car PARKED TRAIN !!  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Sadly, I found out that BOTH of the calipers on the rear of my buggy have been locked up for "who knows" how long and since repairs, my MPG has gone from 10 to 12 Embarrassed
I "SIT" at a RR crossing, I don't "set" BTW Clap

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:05pm
but apparently you can't SET your brakes while you SIT ?  Clap

-------------

Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

but apparently you can't SET your brakes while you SIT ?  Clap

He's been set on stupid, for as long as I have observed him...LOLBeer

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:09pm
Stop "observing " me then Clap !! I don't recall any worthwhile answer to any of my questins in recent years anyhow Wink 

Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:13pm
yet... you STILL cant take a HINT ??? Wink   Clap

-------------

Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Do any of you guys have you guys have your name in the pot at your local dealer for this electric grocery getter ?

Not me. Gonna have to make decision on the ‘ol Suburban this summer. Floor is getting spongy under drivers feet, transfer case has a slight leak, rear ac doesn’t work, drivers door latch doesn’t work from the inside. Just don’t know if it’s worth it. Wanna try and find a pickup thats old enough that it doesn’t have the government third eye, but still in good shape.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:21am

Stop "observing " me then Clap !! I don't recall any worthwhile answer to any of my questins in recent years anyhow Wink 

One can't help observing loud noises and bad odors...Wink

-------------

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:03am
A Lightning will be coming to my driveway ,hopefully in the near future. One of my brother's 'gigs' is to do 'test drives and reports'. gets all sorts of vee-hick-les to 'use and abuse'.
The last one here was the e-Mustang..POS.
The big issue with them is cost of batteries. F-150 EL pack, small one is about $18000 to 'remove and replace' every  8 years. While the technology is nice(not impressive) HOW it'll last in salty Ontario remains to be seen.
The other is RANGE.You can only get just under 240 miles on a charge.No passenger,co cargo, no trailer behind you.
Pet peeve for me, seems ONLY 4 door,4wd available.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: dee_veloper
Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:04pm
The big issue with them is cost of batteries. F-150 EL pack, small one is about $18000 to 'remove and replace' every  8 years. While the technology is nice(not impressive) HOW it'll last in salty Ontario remains to be seen.
The other is RANGE.You can only get just under 240 miles on a charge.No passenger,co cargo, no trailer behind you.
Pet peeve for me, seems ONLY 4 door,4wd available.

How can anybody justify buying a vehicle that has an $18,0000 repair bill every 8 years.  If a person keeps a truck for 16 years,(not unusual), they are faced with a $36,000 cost in addition to the acquisition cost.  I saw the base unit is priced around $60,000.

So lifetime cost is around $96k not including insurance/operating/repair costs. 😲😲😲

-------------
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:00pm
How ?
Easy... I've gone GREEN...saving the World,,'bad' fossil fuels.... Green is GOOD....
hard dee har har....

I've had my '97 F150 for 23 years, so 3 'battery replacements' x $18 is FIFTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS... That alone will buy a brand new F-150 with economical gas engine in it....

I know of a local guy tossing batteries into a newer Mini... than kinda makes sense....
just not cents.!

-------------

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 5:09pm
First Hand knowledge of Three Tesla Owners from Day One with the first sold, TWO have had a Battery Change, NOT Warranty as Hours of Service went beyond the Warranty Schedule.  Seems the Battery System has a Meter that derives 'Usage Time' even during Recharges, so that $18K is Chicken feed as these were well above $22k with the Labor in Shop to perform. Third one is just coming due and the owner has already spoke to the Tesla Distributor here, $23,600 NOW.  ALL are 2009 models and received ONE Warranty Battery Swap.  Do NOT see Eight Year Lifespan due to Deep Cycling batteries.

Hybrids, am aware of Four that are sitting, Batteries will not accept sufficient charge to drive for any length of time, Small gas engine is pretty well at limits when Battery Charge gets low so piddly poor economy.  Battery Swap on a Honda Prius $16500, for a Nissan leaf $17200, REQUIRES all cables and associated relays be replaced as well as battery to receive even a Year Replacement Warranty.

Fully Functional with NEW Battery NONE of these EV or Hybrid will Bluebook for more than $18,000 Retail.

Posted By: im4racin
Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:32pm
What is the carbon footprint of one of those batteries?

Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:49pm
Between Mining, Manufacture, the current INABILITY to Recycle, MASSIVE.

Date Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:55pm
My 2013 F150 is 4 wheel drive, 6 speed, has close to 400 HP, gets 20 MPG at 58 MPH and 15.5 MPG at 77 MPH....... and ITS PAID FOR!!............ Think i will set this one OUT ! Wink

-------------

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:52am
Buddy of mine just said he's going to buy an electric truck just as soon as Joe Biden gets an electric air force one.

Posted By: AcFordHawk
Date Posted: 31 May 2022 at 10:06am
Steve, my 2013 F150 Supercab 4X4 with the 5.0 and 3.73 gears has similar fuel mileage and plenty of power.  On the rare occasion, the mileage computer will register 21-22 mpg for the tank (probably downhill with a tail wind).  Probably going to keep it for a long time since only has 121,000 on the odometer.

-------------
IB (restoring), MF GC1705, MF 2705E

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:11am
apparently every ford dealer has to take at least one of the E trucks. but now the company says if they sell that one truck, they will get fined by the factory. don't say how much the fine is, but now the factory wants to put the E trucks on line sales only with a no haggle price. the factory said they caught one dealer with their E truck that listed for under $40,000. and the dealer was trying to sell it for about $150,000. factory put the kabatches to that! they sound like an over sized golf cart to me!

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:22am
My local dealer told me they can't order them. Ford has temporarily shut off the orders. He claims they have had a lot of interest in them and can't give a manufacture/delivery date, so Ford has shut down orders until they catch up.

Posted By: Morpar55
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:06am
All the auto manufacturers are still having trouble getting vehicles out the doors, and lots of dealers are jacking up prices in response. We looked at a new Ford F250 or F350 and in either case the dealership was charging $30,000 over sticker price! According to the salesman the trucks we looked at were lease trucks with less than 300 miles on them, so they were no longer considered new trucks. We drove an F350 with almost all of the options which the original sticker was $80,000, but the salesman thought he could get us into the truck for $105,000! I took a hard pass on that one!

-------------
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 6:18am
I guess I bought my 2021 F-350 at a good time. I had planned to order in April to get delivery after the snow and ice season. In early March, Ford sent me a "returning customer coupon" for $2500 off my best negotiated price. 

Since I had decided to trade and I had "built" my new truck online (several times), I went in, made a deal on my trade-in and ordered the new truck. That was early March. My new truck came in in mid-April. I was out of town and picked it up on April 20. 

When I was picking it up, the dealer told me that trucks were getting hard to get and I was lucky I ordered it when I did. I thought he was making me feel good about ordering, but it turned out that it was truer than I would have ever believed.

Sorry to get this thread off topic.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Not me. Gonna have to make decision on the ‘ol Suburban this summer. Floor is getting spongy under drivers feet, transfer case has a slight leak, rear ac doesn’t work, drivers door latch doesn’t work from the inside. Just don’t know if it’s worth it. Wanna try and find a pickup thats old enough that it doesn’t have the government third eye, but still in good shape.
Shucks Lars, that sounds to me like you just getting it broke in! That's how Fords come new! They even have a pre-rust option (the rusting process is started during manufacturing) that seems rather popular. 

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:39pm
Just heard the new lightnin truck has the option of a built-in coffee maker...

Its a mach-e-auto!  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:45pm
You guys sound like you did in 2017 predicting the doom and gloom of the aluminum bodies. Now everyone has at least some aluminum panels. 

Posted By: bigal121892
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 1:19pm
For most city dwellers, if the husband and wife both work, they need two vehicles. To me the Ford Lighting makes sense. The guy wants a pickup to be able to hauls things, so he has a pickup. If the truck gets charged to 60% every night, that will still get you 150 miles, which will get most people to work and back. There are a number of companies putting in charging stations for employees to be able to charge their vehicles while work. If I was in that situation, I would consider one.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 2:07pm
re: The guy wants a pickup to be able to hauls things, so he has a pickup

WHAT can a guy put in a 5'6" 'pickup box' ??
If I owned that company,NO way I'd install FREE charging stations for ANYONE....

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:39pm
What can you haul ???

5' 6" bed with the tail gate down is 7 ft  long... I was hauling 10 - 12 ft 2 x 6 and 30 sheets of plywood a coupe years back... When you think about it, not much is "8 feet long"...  refrig, stove, oven, lawn mower, chairs, table ............ you can still haul 90% of the stuff..  probably 100% if your THINK about it.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:54pm
Utility I worked for furnished charging stations, you put your name in for use and they charged PER HOUR ATTACHED.  Nothing is ever "Free".

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:58pm
I like the long (8') box myself, but when you look around at newer pickups, probably 90% or more are short boxes.

I, too, am thinking of a Lightning. I will keep my F-350 diesel for hauling our camper or gooseneck trailer, but I don't tow heavy very much. I think I would like an electric vehicle for a daily driver.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:31pm
No where, did I say it was free. You plug in, and swipe your credit card.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:46pm
Also as the HUGE Fossil Stations Shut Down this will be a LESS THAN advantageous machine to have needing a Plug In.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 6:44pm
I didn't mean to imply you said it was free ..but 'greenies' tend to figure EVERYTHING is free....

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:29pm
I have a colleague who has two Tesla's. He loves them.

He recently had a 2200 mile round trip (to Georgia). he said recharging at fast charging sites took around 20 minutes, so they planned bathroom breaks and meals at fill-up times. It sounded a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I do think we need to end, or drastically reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. I think 2035 is a fantasy, but I think our kids will see electric vehicles as the norm in their lifetime.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I didn't mean to imply you said it was free ..but 'greenies' tend to figure EVERYTHING is free....

Very true.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

I have a colleague who has two Tesla's. He loves them.

He recently had a 2200 mile round trip (to Georgia). he said recharging at fast charging sites took around 20 minutes, so they planned bathroom breaks and meals at fill-up times. It sounded a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I do think we need to end, or drastically reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. I think 2035 is a fantasy, but I think our kids will see electric vehicles as the norm in their lifetime.

I have a friend with a Tesla model 3. He says a 14.5 hour trip from Omaha to Salt Lake City, now takes 16 hours. He likes his. I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced. Cheaper fossil fuels, and a robust economy, will get us there faster then the route they are trying to force everybody on.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 8:51pm
I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced

Why is is a good idea to eliminate or reduce fossil fuels ?  Do you know the amount of ENERGY and CONTAMINATION that is generated when building one of those GREEN BATTERIES ??  And what do you do with it 6 years later ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:05pm
What nearly everyone fails to realize is EV’s currently have a statistical insignificant share of the market. Experts, that are not attempting to bs the public, claim it would take over 40 years even with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach to revamp the infrastructure to EV’s. And that’s just the grid, recharge stations, etc.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:17pm
The push for EVs EVerywhere is NOT about saving the World..going green.. it's about MAKING 'GREEN' ,for a select few AND controlling the masses.No differnet htan taking away guns and the 2nd. slowly, surely, 'they' gain huge amount of power and control over 'John Q. Public'.
Gotta look at the 'chessboard'..moves like ''fossil fuels bad' chant,day after day, buying foreign when there's billions under our feet,stall pipelines, decommission nukes, no new nukes, no refineries,no hydro power plants(big or small),no geothermal to speak of,price gas out of the working man's wallet,add BS to 'cars' we don't need,lousy gas mileage, upsell EVs all the time,...it goes on and one...eventually efough lemmings buy into the mantra and will rather walk than drive  gas powered car

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 4:00am
So a few, a LIMITED few EVs can recharge in 20 minutes on road trips, add the HUNDREDS that will be looking for chargers at around same time period as these become ever prevalent along with that energy to FEED those rapid chargers. Wind or Solar are not in that equation to any level of viability. We are speaking of Hundreds to thousands of megawatts along every major interstate to supply the existing loads of homes and business along with vehicles (include bus and hd truck) chargers. Impractical is the least value word here.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:40am
We all know that it would be impossible for everyone to have an electric vehicle now, or even in the near future. It will take years to improve the infrastructure to generate or distribute the electricity it would take.

The bottom line is that it's much easier to find alternative ways to generate electricity than it is to replace fossil fuels. For the last few years, we have significantly reduced fossil fuel consumption with alcohol based products. I doubt any of us would have predicted that in the early 70's or before.

It wasn't long ago that we had never heard of solar or windmill generated electricity, but now it significantly adds to the electrical grid.

I doubt there will be many completely fossil fueled vehicles on the road in 50 years. Many of us resist change, but none of us would have thought of anything called the internet 30 years ago and now we all use it daily.

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:03am
I don't think anyone is against change, however, this whole push to force people to change is a collosal example of getting the cart before the horse,, literally,,and an example on steroids to boot.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:13am
YES... and the BIG PUSH is the DAILY beating of FOSSIL FUEL BAD... FOSSIL FUEL BAD....over and over and OVER..... My question is WHY ??  THINK for yourself....It is the CHEAPEST, most AVAILABLE, EASIEST to use fuel available today.... Yea, batteries and solar might gain quite a bit in 50 YEARS... But they are NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME today... Why do you think the GOVT gives BIG INCENTIVES ??  MORE FREE CHEESE ?? ... They are pushing that AGENDA and it is NOT READY.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:14am
3%
According to our Electric Power Annual, solar power accounted for 3% of U.S. electricity generation from all sources in 2020. In our Short-Term Energy Outlook, we forecast that solar will account for 4% of U.S. electricity generation in 2021 and 5% in 2022.Nov 16, 2021

------------------------------

bringing total plug-in electric vehicle sales to 17,700, or one-tenth of one percent of all new light-duty vehicle sales in 2011.

By 2019, plug-in electric sales climbed to 327,000, making up almost 2% of new light-duty vehicle sales that year.

-------------

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:19am
Originally posted by bigal121892 bigal121892 wrote:

No where, did I say it was free. You plug in, and swipe your credit card.
Right, but if you assume things unsaid, it's a lot easier to argue!!WinkLOL

Posted By: NEVER green
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 10:45am

Climate change is not, will not be a catastrophe, just watched a PBS show on the dinos death via comet, mentioned there was no polar ice caps, meaning no glaciers also.

Everything was hunky dory till the comet hit, carbon is not pollution, its always been here otherwise no life.

-------------
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 5:58pm

I too think reducing our use of fossil fuels is a good idea, but it can't be forced

Why is is a good idea to eliminate or reduce fossil fuels ?  Do you know the amount of ENERGY and CONTAMINATION that is generated when building one of those GREEN BATTERIES ??  And what do you do with it 6 years later ?

For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out. Two, there are a lot of other uses for oil then just fuel, would rather keep it for that, and third, the less money spent on fossil fuels, the less money the certain bad guys have to spend.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:13pm
re: For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out.

not really, just plant a kazillion trees.... fossil fuels ARE 100% renewable.
The 'trick' is you HAVE to plant the trees NOW for future generations to use them as fuel....

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 10:53pm
 For one thing, it is a finite resource, someday we will run out.

The quantity we know about NOW will last 50-60 years... Not counting what is DISCOVERED every year from now going forward...... So we need "something" to replace oil (MAYBE) by 2080 or 2100.......... PLENTY of time to do TESTING and RESEARCH... Dont push the BRAND NEW UNRELIABLE, HIGH COST stuff as MAIN STREAM TODAY.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 4:25am
Then is Fusion energy potential, the science is still not functioning but the theory is being refined where at some point may be viable just as the early days of Fission nukes.
Oil is continually being produced by Algae not Dinos, proved time and again by true scientific study suppressed to promote the Renewables nonsense. Studies by electrical suppliers noted twenty years ago there were not enough areas of stable winds to promote wind turbines nor enough surface area in the NAm continent to supply 1/3 the existing production of twenty years ago by solar replacement, and that did not take into account future needs increases.
Coal also is renewed every day by organic materials buried in stream and creek mud.

What the less than scientific community forgets is basic rules of atomic base materials, main rule ‘ cannot destroy or produce atomic level base material, can only produce or destroy compounds so all the carbon that ever was or ever will be on this rock is still here just recycling whether as petroleum or coals or living tissue as we humans are primarily Carbon Based.

ALL the Hype on CO2 levels has been debunked decades ago as well, can change the atmosphere by 200% CO2 and will NOT make a difference in a lab in a large area test, that as CO2 is LESS THAN .05% of the atmosphere(Currently and .0423%), does NOT even make up One Tenth of One Percent where the Scientists pushing Climate Change prefer SMALL scale test models they write equations to show they are correct not that they could be incorrect.  So they Use PPM numbers as are Larger SOUNDING 412ppm sounds so much more scary than .0423%.  A 200% rise makes it .15%, in comparison Water Vapor the KNOWN worst Green House agent is over 4% atmosphere and can vary up to 150% for any given point of time.

The way Humans found Coals and Oils is from surface exposures, all the while releasing unquantified TONS of Methane, Butane and other flammable gases into atmosphere as a natural product of that time period.  La Brea Tar pits in California is a Prime Example, Coal Seams are STILL visible across the Western USA Mountain regions and they remain methane releasers.  Methane bubbles up from nearly every lake or pond worldwide as organics decompose.

The Science is and has been Junk for forever as the Scientist cannot enter all the equation variables into their models as the processors LOCK UP, too many off chance redirection points and potentials to come up with a answer.  Could be we are at the end of the last great warming and will soon be entering a cool down by orbit/solar power level/planet wobble/etc etc etc.   Milankovitch postulated that LONG ago as to the Earth being ever more dynamic and changing than any human could determine.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 9:43am
In 1970 they said we were in the ICE AGE and things were going to FREEZE UP by 2000.... 20 years later it was GLOBAL WARMING and we were going to burn up... Now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE so some area can FREEZE while others BURN and some had HURRICANES or FLOODING..

You got to PUSH THAT AGENDA  how ever you can.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:10am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Then is Fusion energy potential, the science is still not functioning but the theory is being refined where at some point may be viable just as the early days of Fission nukes.
Oil is continually being produced by Algae not Dinos, proved time and again by true scientific study suppressed to promote the Renewables nonsense. Studies by electrical suppliers noted twenty years ago there were not enough areas of stable winds to promote wind turbines nor enough surface area in the NAm continent to supply 1/3 the existing production of twenty years ago by solar replacement, and that did not take into account future needs increases.
Coal also is renewed every day by organic materials buried in stream and creek mud.

What the less than scientific community forgets is basic rules of atomic base materials, main rule ‘ cannot destroy or produce atomic level base material, can only produce or destroy compounds so all the carbon that ever was or ever will be on this rock is still here just recycling whether as petroleum or coals or living tissue as we humans are primarily Carbon Based.

ALL the Hype on CO2 levels has been debunked decades ago as well, can change the atmosphere by 200% CO2 and will NOT make a difference in a lab in a large area test, that as CO2 is LESS THAN .05% of the atmosphere(Currently and .0423%), does NOT even make up One Tenth of One Percent where the Scientists pushing Climate Change prefer SMALL scale test models they write equations to show they are correct not that they could be incorrect.  So they Use PPM numbers as are Larger SOUNDING 412ppm sounds so much more scary than .0423%.  A 200% rise makes it .15%, in comparison Water Vapor the KNOWN worst Green House agent is over 4% atmosphere and can vary up to 150% for any given point of time.

The way Humans found Coals and Oils is from surface exposures, all the while releasing unquantified TONS of Methane, Butane and other flammable gases into atmosphere as a natural product of that time period.  La Brea Tar pits in California is a Prime Example, Coal Seams are STILL visible across the Western USA Mountain regions and they remain methane releasers.  Methane bubbles up from nearly every lake or pond worldwide as organics decompose. Not to mention that at any given time around the world volcanos are spewing tens of thousands of tons ash,  of CO2, CO, etc into the air! 24/7! nothing to do with fossel fuel regeneration, but everything to do with climate change models!

The Science is and has been Junk for forever as the Scientist cannot enter all the equation variables into their models as the processors LOCK UP, too many off chance redirection points and potentials to come up with a answer.  Could be we are at the end of the last great warming and will soon be entering a cool down by orbit/solar power level/planet wobble/etc etc etc.  As witnessed by the fossils under the ice pack on Greenland of vegetation and remains of human dwelling indicating a once temperate climate!  Milankovitch postulated that LONG ago as to the Earth being ever more dynamic and changing than any human could determine.

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:19am

In 1970 they said we were in the ICE AGE and things were going to FREEZE UP by 2000.... 20 years later it was GLOBAL WARMING and we were going to burn up... Now they call it CLIMATE CHANGE so some area can FREEZE while others BURN and some had HURRICANES or FLOODING..

in the early '60's, they were proposing covering the polar caps with coaldust or fly ash in order to warm the earth!

You got to PUSH THAT AGENDA  how ever you can.

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:37am
I remember 'them' using tugboats hauling icebergs.........

OK, what other wackydoodle things can we come up with ?!

-------------

Posted By: fixer1958
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:50am
Well it is getting more tropical around here in the summer and more ND weather in the winter. 
I know the garden planting season has been delayed a month.
Used to plant potatoes on St Patrick's day, have to wait a month now.
Been like that for several years as I see it.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 1:39pm
YEP.... the earth is changing and the weather is different... Hot some places, cooler in other... dont mean it is YOUR fault.... just the evolution of the earth.

-------------

Posted By: BrianC
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:31pm

As for spending $16,000 dollars every 8 years to replace parts,
I would assume the average Ford owner is already used to that. Zing!

Posted By: Kansas99
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:42pm

Sad part is if you’re spending $22k to put batteries in every 8 years that averages out to almost $3k per year if nothing else fails on the car. I know one thing no way would I keep a vehicle on the place that cost $3k every year in repairs.

And look at the bright side if they all start driving electric it will greatly reduce the demand for gas thus driving the price down and once it’s under $2.50/gal all of us using fossil fuel will have big smiles because we’re filling up in 5 minutes and driving every mile cheaper.

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 8:01pm
If you drive a gas burner 20,000 miles a year, and get 20 MPG, that's 1,000 gallons of gas a year, at $3.00 a gallon, there's your $3,000 a year, so where's the advantage? All your doing is trading one expense for another.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 8:03pm
You forgot the DAILY CHARGE to bring the batteries back up to power.

Thats why they want gasoline to be $5. - $6. gal ....... at that rate you can CHARGE your BATTERY and REPLACE every 8 years... and its a wash.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm

You forgot the DAILY CHARGE to bring the batteries back up to power.

Thats why they want gasoline to be $5. - $6. gal ....... at that rate you can CHARGE your BATTERY and REPLACE every 8 years... and its a wash.

With natural gas futures trading in the $7.00 to $8.00 range, how long will it take for electricity rates to skyrocket? Utilities can only operate at break even for only so long. They have share holders, and many have extensive amounts of mutual funds/retirement funds held by public employee unions. Boy, wouldn’t it be delicious to see civil servants union retirement funds go down the schitter, from utilities artificially keeping energy low, to entice EV’s. The irony would be outstanding!! LOL LOL LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 3:09am
Has become a self feeding watermelon, eats itself to grow bigger while self
Destructing in that process. Feeding to grow that cannot happen while growing to feed ever harder

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:07am
Many demand the Share Holders take the costs in those pockets, not how Share Holding works.  Shares are SOLD to finance long term moneys needed rather than taking on bank notes, operating funds for a year are bought and paid for this way where as a company shows a profit the Shares Holders get a dividend for use of THEIR moneys.

In a great deal of companies shares are publicly traded for nearly ANY and ALL investment strategies of Retirement Accounts not just for the Utilities Companies or Unions but ALL retirement funds accounts including those privately traded for IRAs, Annuities, 401Ks etc.  So either a Utility makes money or the share holders sell off those shares to recoup their financed funds.  Is what is currently happening to PG&E in Kali, they are going broke mortgaging their system to make operating funds for day to day business as share holders bail.

Utilities and major Corporations still revert to bank loans for major projects as power stations or assembly plants, short term loans are taken to finance Construction phases, then switched to long term loans with interest rates recalculated ANNUALLY.  Generally these loans only extend to end of life design of a plant but can be refinanced as plants or structures are placed into extended use.

So as Utilities as EXELON or AMEREN or even REAs strive to make a decent profit of say 8-10%, that has to cover Shares Dividends, upgrades and improvements for successive years, major self insured loss column concerns as most of these companies ARE Self Insured under Bonds posted to states.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:11am
So after digesting that last comment, Electricity is going to Rise in price, NOT due to anything but Fuels expenses where Solar and Wind SUPPLEMENTAL systems cannot as yet and likely never will feed the ENTIRE systems.  Maintenance and upkeep are second in line and wages/benefits dragging hind teat.

As Autos, Trucks and even Trains become demand customers on Electrical Grids, look to rolling Black and Brown outs when the systems cannot supply enough.  Was just a MSNBC Article stating USA now EXPORTS close to 75% of all CNG produced in nation.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:36am
Originally posted by bigal121892 bigal121892 wrote:

If you drive a gas burner 20,000 miles a year, and get 20 MPG, that's 1,000 gallons of gas a year, at $3.00 a gallon, there's your $3,000 a year, so where's the advantage? All your doing is trading one expense for another.

Sadly I have to pay for electricity.Wink

The question I have is what will the monthly demand charges be at home and at all these recharging stations?  The demand charges at say a 10 stall charging station from the electrical companies won't be cheap and the electricity they sell won't be cheap.

I currently pay just short of $20,000 per year to have 440 3 phase power at 12 irrigation wells, plus what ever electricity they use.  A 20hp 30 amp motor will get a monthly demand charge of over $150, that's 30amp max!!!  So you understand what I'm saying this is not paying for any electricity, or never pumping one gallon of water, that is what I have to pay monthly to have a meter at the pole so if I decide sometime during the year I want to turn my wells on I can and then they bill me for electricity on top of the $20k if I irrigate.

The electricity won't be cheap at the quick charge stations, that is why I posted a video a while back of a Ford ecoboost against a Rivian pickup pulling a 5000# load and on a 60 mile round trip there was less than $3 difference on $4.50 fuel!  Nobody with a brain would consider these electric pickups if fuel was the price it was 2 years ago.

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:14am
going 'green' has always been about the 'bottom line' NOT about 'saving energy' or 'helping Mother Nature'. Anyone with 3 brain cells can figure that out PDQ.
So since the USA is exporting 75% of CNG, there is NO energy shortage.Same BS here in Canada,we export( primarily to you...) billions of BTUs. 'They' make a pretty profit and we get the big stick while at the pumps.....

-> K99... this 'demand charge'. Is it just the 'wires are there ' charge ? and NOT that you exceeded actual 'demand'(usage) ? Before smart meters got installed ,all commercial businesses up here had 'demand' meters. If you exceeded xxkWh for yy mins, the 2nd RED needle moved up and you'd pay a LOT for that energy. Some guys used 'load shedding', swapped machines, or ,um, used dental pics to 'reset the red'. can't do ANY of that with 'smart' meters...sigh

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:23am
Excellent points both D and 99. If the costs of residential electricity quadruple’s within the next few years, who can afford to recharge an EV? And, that’s not even taking into account the road tax that is going to be charged at the ‘special meter’ that will be at your house for exclusive use for that EV?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:28am
And, bigal's example is about double what is considered average for the country.  Makes for a nice basis for your argument when you make numbers look however you want.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:43am
Tbone, when politics enters the conversation about cost’s, you will be closer to the actual cost if you plan and the extreme high side of everything. The whole basis for the EV narrative is not to save anybody money, it is about the ability to control the masses.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 7:16am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

going 'green' has always been about the 'bottom line' NOT about 'saving energy' or 'helping Mother Nature'. Anyone with 3 brain cells can figure that out PDQ.
So since the USA is exporting 75% of CNG, there is NO energy shortage.Same BS here in Canada,we export( primarily to you...) billions of BTUs. 'They' make a pretty profit and we get the big stick while at the pumps.....

-> K99... this 'demand charge'. Is it just the 'wires are there ' charge ? and NOT that you exceeded actual 'demand'(usage) ? Before smart meters got installed ,all commercial businesses up here had 'demand' meters. If you exceeded xxkWh for yy mins, the 2nd RED needle moved up and you'd pay a LOT for that energy. Some guys used 'load shedding', swapped machines, or ,um, used dental pics to 'reset the red'. can't do ANY of that with 'smart' meters...sigh

Yes, that's only supposedly for the power drop, off of a existing lines, if you need power lines brought to you you have to pay for that up front onetime,(example 1/4 mile 3 phase to get to well about $40,000 to get power to you), then they charge each month once meter is installed.   The demand is figured off the maximum amount of amps that is pulled anytime throughout the entire year.  So when you start a well and it pulls 30 amps to get rolling for 5 seconds but then only pulls a steady 20 amps for continuous hours/days they still charge based on the 5 seconds of 30 amp.

Oh and if you have them pull a meter they won't charge you, however if it is reinstalled within 1 year of being pulled out you have to pay for the months it was out or they won't put it back in.  I've been on the phone many times with them biching as they are a customer cooperative and I'm positive that they don't know me by my name butt by that azzhole from down south.Wink  I knew they were all wasted phone calls but with unlimited time now days on these cellphones, I get bored setting in a tractor and if nobody is posting here,  it passes time for me.LOL

-------------
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Tbone, when politics enters the conversation about cost’s, you will be closer to the actual cost if you plan and the extreme high side of everything. The whole basis for the EV narrative is not to save anybody money, it is about the ability to control the masses.
Plan on the high side, then double it, and extend an extra 5 years.LOL

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:52pm
I didn't include the price of charging, because the battery cost already got it to the point where it doesn't make sense. I use 20,000 miles, because that's how may I put on my pickup every year.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:08pm
SO.......... How do you spell CLUSTER FK ??

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:10pm

SO.......... How do you spell CLUSTER FK ??

"DEMOCRAT"

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:29pm
Clap   Clap   Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 6:40am

From a Motor Trend report...( I think..) Starting at $54,669 with the standard battery, opting for the Extended Range Battery adds $19,500— https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/maverick/" rel="nofollow - roughly the cost of an entire Ford Maverick —to the F-150 Lightning XLT's base price.

so.... the $19,500 is the USA $ price for the slightly bigger battery does NOT include the installation cost,also WHAT will YOU get for the old battery ? YOU own it !!

-------------

Posted By: lockheedt33
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 8:59am
Knowing the way anything else used I deal in at work happens. Even if there is value to the components in the used battery there will be a recycling/disposal/hazmat fee that they will charge for processing it that far outweighs anything you’d get in scrap value.

-------------
1941 AC B
1948 AC C
1951 AC CA
1954 AC WD45

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net