This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fast Food Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:58pm
cheeze Runza;s are great, and they make great bacon/cheese burgers. their fries are good but alot of salt on them. 
Sponsored Links

Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 10:24pm
Don't you all know, fast food makes your pants shrink.

I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:00pm
Hardies for a sausage biscuit. Wendies, Taco Johns in W des Moines, there's a big difference in them. Caseys for sliced Pizza, Hardies for a Frisco Burger, A&W for most anything.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:08pm
That butter burger at Culver's is usually pretty good. We go there about once a month with a bogo coupon, also use a bogo for a concrete mixer, get a water cup and were good for a little over 10 bucks.
I've heard some Steak and Shakes were closing. I think ours is still open for drive thru. A new one in Lima ,Oh wasn't open a year , closed a few years ago and I think it's gone now. I really like their fries, and only eat them there as not supposed to.
We hit Lee's chicken alot of Wednesdays. Three piece bone in or white meat breast strip for $5.49. Total a little over $11.00
Captain D's fish on Wednesday or Sunday. Various dinners and drink $4.99 Not bad for the money.
Can you tell my wife doesn't like to cook?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:16am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Wow! Culver's is still around!?! That was a great Milwaukee treat. That and real chili !

Culver's is really GROWING around here. And pretty good stuff!

"Might" be good stuff, but there's a $ limit that I can tolerate/meal, Culvers AIN'T it WinkWink

Sounds like a personal problem.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:47am
Had a thought about the fast food.

I wonder if the line will be still wrapped around the block when gas hits $5.  We will see.  Confused
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:56am

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Steak ‘n Shake then Sonic.
If I want the best Chicken I go to the Seligman Truckstop.

You better grab up all of the burgers from there that you can, my understandig as of 5 months ago is that the corona bankrupted S&S !!

Was told the same. We have no fast food but McDonalds here but last time I was In Rogers, maybe a month or more ago, S&S was going strong. Who knows?
It appears to me that Corona has made the drive throughs and killed mom n pop.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 28 Jan 2021 at 7:57am
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 11:59am
Best fast food hamburgers in Kansas are Spangles and Braum's.   
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm
Stan, on the breakfast meal, have you got a BK close ?? Their "Eggnormous Burrito" is WELL worth the $$$. For me it's a sausage version though Wink
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:29pm
Still waiting for Sandy's to come back.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm

Wow! Culver's is still around!?! That was a great Milwaukee treat. That and real chili !

"Might" be good stuff, but there's a $ limit that I can tolerate/meal, Culvers AIN'T it WinkWink

You "hearing" is bad Ouch
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:08pm
S&S is Not bankrupt, is a similar tale to nearly all Franchised Chains, owners get old, go to sell franchise, NO TAKERS, close doors and shutter store.

Several S&S in St Louis County were owned by same family started up in 1960s, transferred to a set of children where they too got old, are shuttered currently as NO BUYERS and No One to run them or staff t serve in them.  Common problem expanding like a cancer.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
Any place as long as it is not McDonald`s.   I won`t pass a White Castle without stopping,  It`s the onions,   We don`t have one in Northern Michigan so I don`t see one unless I`m traveling.  We go to Culver`s alot.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:06am

You "hearing" is bad Ouch

K...SEEMS like a personal problem!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Dining at one of Gordon Ramsay's many restaurants is an experience, but one customer wasn't happy when they received the check.

A diner at Ramsay's Plane Food restaurant in London's Heathrow Airport was shocked to discover that a burger, fries, and a Coke had come out to £30.25, or about $41.

—Pusser1 (@Pusser14405122) January 26, 2021

The receipt they posted said the short-rib burger - which includes short-rib beef, cheese, and chimichurri mayo - cost £15.50.

The triple-cooked chips came out to £5, while the Coke cost £4.50.

Rounding out the bill was a service charge, a coverage charge, and the value-added tax.

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
I like the Chik Fil A the most. Line usually long but they’re efficient and quick. Also the cleanest. They don’t allow their Franchise owners to own more than one store and mandate owner works a certain amount of hours for presence.

And if you really want to get hooked on something try their frosted lemonade which is lemonade spun in their ice cream like a shake.   Telling you, that and a chicken sandwich is mouth watering!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 11:26pm
Hey Scott, if it wasn't so late, and they were open, I'd be headed out there now. Oh I forgot, I had Arby's for supper an ain't hungry.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:31am
Culvers is a little bit more expensive but for the quality you can't beat their food.  It's not necessarily a fast food place but around my area 5 Guys has the best burgers but they are proud of them.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:50am
The wife and I just stopped at Jimmy John's and picked up a couple sandwiches for later this afternoon.  Love their Spicy East Coast Italian sandwich! Clap
Carthus View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 4:23am
My favorite fast food is the chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a. The Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich is transcendent. The perfect combination of a generous portion of breaded chicken, soft bun, and tart pickles, it's enhanced by only one thing: Polynesian sauce. I also like curly fries from Arby's, mcflurry, and McNuggets from Mcdonald's. I don't like overeating this fast food, so I use a kitchen scale to avoid overeating. It helps me get a good look at how much food I'm actually eating. I got mine from https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Beautiful-Measurement-Stainless-Batteries/dp/B08SW6F5SZ.

Edited by Carthus - 01 Jul 2021 at 3:36am
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:55am
1) DQ
2) Mc.D
 Never go on my own but friends take me once in a while, ----- this is usually where we end up at.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

1) DQ
2) Mc.D
 Never go on my own but friends take me once in a while, ----- this is usually where we end up at.
I will agree 100 % on the DQ WinkWink. Your comment on the "never go" on my own concerns me ConfusedOuch ??
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:07pm
McDonalds "used to" offer a family pack of various burgers/nuggets/ fries for $15. The wife and I pulled up to the DT pedestal and saw that the price went up to $22 CryConfused , We ended up at Steak& Shake for the 4-$4 deal Wink

Edited by FREEDGUY - 29 Jun 2021 at 8:07pm
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:26pm
My absolute favorite is the Bacon King from Burger King with fries and a grape Sprite Zero. I think that I could eat one of those every day for the rest of my life.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by JTOOL JTOOL wrote:

My absolute favorite is the Bacon King from Burger King with fries and a grape Sprite Zero. I think that I could eat one of those every day for the rest of my life.

I'm PRO BK, but even I have to draw the line at ANY burger that needs bacon Confused ??
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:40pm
@FREEDGUY; I don't think it "needs" bacon, it's just the more bacon on ANYTHING the better. LOL. Hells yes!! BACON! BACON! BACON!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:45pm
back in the early 80s a couple friends took me to Canada with them to go snowmobiling. As we were turning into the Clown Palace Thumbs Down for the first meal break, I warned them to pass it by for someplace else. Of course they didn't listen. Then I warned them again for the second meal stop. Shortly after then they got what they asked for. Dead There we were going north on 81 with the temperature about 20, me in the middle and both windows down LOL After that I got to choose the meal stops Thumbs Up Family owned diners are always better than fast food. They're not all that hard to find when you look past all the glitz of the chains. 

Edited by PaulB - 29 Jun 2021 at 8:47pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

back in the early 80s a couple friends took me to Canada with them to go snowmobiling. As we were turning into the Clown Palace Thumbs Down for the first meal break, I warned them to pass it by for someplace else. Of course they didn't listen. Then I warned them again for the second meal stop. Shortly after then they got what they asked for. Dead There we were going north on 81 with the temperature about 20, me in the middle and both windows down LOL After that I got to choose the meal stops Thumbs Up Family owned diners are always better than fast food. They're not all that hard to find when you look past all the glitz of the chains. 
I've been eating "Micky Dee's since 1972 and have NEVER had an issue with digestion , your "friends" were under the influence of "something" other than a cheeseburger WinkWink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm
Grandkids LOVE McD... I take them twice a week.. One gets Chicken sandwich, the other gets Nuggets... Everyone loves the Fries ! ......... recently they have Frozen Cokes, the kids have to get one.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 2:55am
I almost never go to fast food joints.  But when I do feel the urge, I go to Subway sandwich shops and get a hot meatball sandwich, topped with pasta sauce, provolone cheese, black olives and pepperoncini's.  Very tasty.

I wish we had a Runza's in my area.  I would probably eat there once a week.  I love hamburger cabbage and onion buns.  Have to make them at home but always a treat.  My mom was from Nebraska and I've been eating those since I can remember.

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic