This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Day 3...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:56am
Been away from this site for awhile with family problems. Sending a prayer for you JC as I have had a few operations myself and sympathize. I know the feeling of being a caged lion after an operation and thinking you can get back in step! Take the time to heal!
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 7:40am
Rough day there. Not sure that qualifies as behaving!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:07am
Thank you Mark, Hope an pray that the issues on your end will dissolve or resolve themselves and be good again.

T-bone, it did not qualify as 'behavin my self' just in the length of time I was out there, despite moving real slow doing basically nothing too...
  Will see how today goes... Not going to try to repeat yesterday.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:44am
Day 8... app. 1AM... DING-DONG ...     What the....  somebody ringin my doorbell this hour of the morning? 
  Stumble out of the chair I'm in....and get to the door, a fellow bout 28 standin there... I open the door an he says, "I ran out of gas, can you help me"...
 I ask, "can you call someone else?"
He says "I got my girl friend with and we're headed to work... we both work the night shift. We're going to be late." Work is 14 miles away...
 Little gruff with him and says, "Listen, I just had surgery a few days ago... and I shouldn't be out doing anything."
He says, "Oh I'm sorry, You just tell me where you have gas and I can get it myself. 
Oh crap, what if I was that young fellow and in desperate need of gas such as this... aargh... "No, I will help you... you got money for gas?
Him, "I don't have my wallet..."
 mmm That screws that idea of taking him up town to buy his own gas.
 I says, "You shouldn't be running around without your drivers license... what if an officer stops you? "
him," I got a drivers license with me" and starts digging into his pocket... Do you want to see it?  mmm "No, got a can with you?
 He says, "No, it is in my old truck."
Dam, now I got to find a gas can with a spout... mmm I can use the tank in the truck, just start up the old Ford and drive to where he is and pump some gas into his.
So... I go wake up my gal and tell her that there's a fellow out of gas and I was going to get some gas for him...  Go back to the kitchen and crawl into the old Carharts. My gal comes out and starts tellin me I shouldn't be doing this, then turns and tells the fellow he just had surgury, and can't he get someone else to help him instead?  LOL Finally got boots and gloves on and grabbed a couple lights and headed out the door walked over to the truck and windows all frosted. Started it and went and put gas in his vehicle, about 5 gallons worth.
I ask how much gas does his gauge read... and he says "STOP, theres more than enough to get me to work... How much do I owe you".
... and I should have just said for him to help some one in need sometime... but instead I said, "leave a twenty in the mailbox."
 "I'll pay you tomorrow"... Starts his yellow truck up and roars down the road and out of sight...
Now, will he fullfill his word? We shall see.  Not holdin my breath.  LOL
Tell ye, I sure was glad to git back in an sit back down where it was warm again.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:07am
Your a Angel for helping the young man. 
Thank You
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:18am
I keep an extra  plastic gallon milk jug and a cardboard funnel for them guys... But 1 am is NOT GOOD !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:30am
Your a good man JC, but first I would have got my trusty little friend before answering the door. I hope he leaves you more than a twenty, I know I would, way more.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:45am
Sending prayers your way!--and be careful with them 1 am bell ringers! I had one 30 years ago, doped up to the high heavens, almost had to pull the trigger when he tried to break the door down!  Good thing the old door held him out!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:31pm
I go out of town for a week and all kinds of stuff happens!  Sorry for your troubles, JC, also all the others with things not so good.  Hope this day finds you ever closer to being back to better then normal.  And I hope the rest of the gang have a great day too!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:30pm

Well,,I can certainly swear to the kind of blessed heart ole JC has got,,,,,Clap,,and,,,,and,,he's the kind of man you do want to meet on a dark night when you're broke down and nary a thought as to how you gonna get homeClap I guess the only'ist other thing you might of done is let him SEE you strap the old 45 on before you leave the house,,,then turn around just as you close the door and tell the wife,,,"When the sherrif shows up, just tell him I'll be back in 10 minutes"
 You're a good man, JC,,,,ClapClap
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
You answered your door at 1:00 am in your condition ???? You are too damn nice JC . Hope he comes through , he better . I answered my door at 2 am once with a shotgun barrel first thing out the door . I was not as nice as you, did not just have surgery and sent 4 youngsters on their way .

That's a good woman you got givin that youngen a hard time . Try and take it easy and don't answer your door . Wish I was closer and could lend a hand . Ted , T Bone get over there and talk some sense in to JC will ya !!!
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:43pm
Your a good man JC! I have helped people in need and been repayed. And then there are a few who didn't!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:43am
"Strap on the 45",  Shoulda done that DJ... Bet that boy woulda looked hard at that. Shocked     LOL

I gots a little more to add to the story here, Tonight my Luv and I were talking and she said she asked the fellow why he ran out of gas, and he said his gas gauge had broken that day...mmm, I didn't hear that when crawling into the Carharts, but when I pumped some in, and asked what the gauge reads, he said, "stop, there's more than enough ..." - So did his gauge work or didn't it? or was he running around on empty and burning some fumes? Ermm
mmm, don't think I need to venture out to see if there is any 'extra paper' in the mail box tonight. Thinks ol jc gots skinned outta some gas... Ouch
Oh well, thats what one gets for not bein real smart... should have told the young fellow that We'll go get his girlfriend and we will go get gas in town. You would think between the two of them somebody would have a cc with them... or some cash.  LOL LOL
 mmm, wonder maybe instead of work, if he was suppose to have the fillie home at midnight and was late at gettin her home for the speed he took off out of here. LOL

He had also said he would leave me his ice fishing tipups until he got back to pay for the gas, but I got no use for tipups,... Yea, and tipups are as cheap as a buck and a half. LOL
 Well,  I talked to a friend tonight and told him the story and he said that there's a good chance that the yellow ext. cab dodge pickup might come back into the area because come Saturday, there's an ice fishing contest... and if the fella is into ice fishing, no doubt it will go by my friends place so he will keep an eye open for it. LOL

Pat, sadly Ted already tried to talk some sense into ol jc... apparently it didn't work... So can't blame him for not trying. Disapprove 

Well guys, it all hinged around the , "what if it were me standing there instead of him"... But maybe I should re-evaluate the change from our era to today's kooks and crazies figured into that equation.
 Thanks for the nice comments, most all of you would have tried to help somehow too...

Day 9
  Another 12:30 AM, found the old house getting kinda cool, went and put the duds on and went out to the stove to see why it wasn't heating... last time had a blown hose... this time, just a switch not turned back on. WHEW, easy fix. Can handle that.  Now go post this and crawl back into bed. LOL

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:48am
Hope you got some decent rest. 

I'm 0 for 4 helping people with gas and getting anything "paid back".  And.....I'd probably help again.  Too dumb to learn better I guess at my age.

One older dude a few years ago got himself spun out and stuck in the ditch and I was already feeding cows, so drove over and pulled him out.  He was so happy....he wanted to pay me and I said naw....no worries, already dressed and tractor running and you're right across the road.  I never gave him my name, but he must've asked around and found out who I was and he called, thanking me a million times over and said he was going to take me and my wife out for a steak dinner.  I said again that was not necessary.  He says well, it will be either Saturday or next Saturday, and I'll call you back.  Never called back!  Getting hungry!  lol
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:54am
Then there was the woman sitting on my front porch when I got home from work.  This was the Monday after the super bowl 2019.  Now THAT'S a story.....LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:44am

Good Gosh,  TBone,,,,now,,you KNEW we was gonna want to know the details of such an escapade that you allude to with thet young lady lookin for a home,,,,errrr mayhaps lookin for a hand,,,,,, dang,,a fellar could sit here and conjure up all sorts of things,,,besides,,my palms need a few more days healin time since that last "tempter" by ole JC or was it ole Chask,,,,them guys,,,,LOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:52am
Joe, notice real careful like how I never said "young" or "lady"!

Now....if you really want to hear it, just say so, but I have to warn you you'll have to wait a bit.....and sadly I may be leaving out a few details cuz it's been a while! LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
Your killin us Tbones. LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:03am

OH,,,,,i did notice how you very carefully word your statements and I do as well,,,,notice I said "allude" as it gives you a way out of any incriminations by the other older Gentlemens here that is just slobberin waitin on any juicy details you might put forth,,,WinkWink
 I figure you gots a "tale to tell" and them kind takes a while to get all the details in the right place and order,,,,I KNOW,,,they accuse me of thet chit alla the time,,,just ask ole Shameless, Chask or JC,,,,,,LOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:25am
OK, I cheated, I looked up an email I sent to a friend right after it happened, and here that is redacted to protect the innocent! LOLLOL  Even at the time, I left out some detail, because there was just too much......But here goes:

What should I have done?

Gotta tell you about my Monday evening!

So I get home from work, right at 4:30.  Don't have a million things to do, but the 3 or 4 I had to do I wanted to do, ya know?  So I get out of the car, and I hear this strange noise.  WTF?  I'm trying to orient the direction, ears playing tricks on me, eyes trying to focus...I hear it again, like a whimper almost, now I'm realizing definitely human made.  "Help me" I hear, coming from towards the house.  I'm squinting, what the heck, who the heck where the heck am I looking.  "...unintelligible whimpering... help me.......whimper".  It's on my front porch.  Here's this ROUGH looking woman.  I mean, on her best day, she'd be really rough, and instead she's having a rough day.  One of those people that look probably 20 years older than they really are.  What was throwing my sight off, she had on a bright yellow, like raincoat/safety yellow almost, coat, and she had her head hung so low, I couldn't make out it was a person at first.  So I go up there and ask what's up.  Complete stranger, crying, "help me", took forever to get her to say anything else.  I was thinking must truly be retarded, couldn't communicate.  I said a little firmly, I'll help you but you have to tell me what you need!  Apparently, she has a friend down the road from me, the friend convinced her to come over for the super bowl.  The friend "ran out on her" and she was stuck here.  She had been walking, and fell hard on the ice and mud.

From there she kind of snapped into reality.  I need a ride she says.  OK, where to?  I don't know she says.  LOL, well, in order to give you a ride somewhere, I need to know where you want to go. Over and over, “can you give me a ride?”  WHERE TO?!  “Town X” Drug, she says, which is about 10 miles north.  OK, let me tell the wife where I'm going, put my lunch and thermos away, get a bit organized, and I'll be right back.

We get in the car and take off. Quiet at first, but I ask a few questions, she just keeps saying I need help, tell her I'm going to help, she'll be OK.  So she began to relax and calm down a bit, then she started talking.  And of course telling me her life story.  And OH MY, what a story! HAHA

We get about 4 or 5 miles, and she says she lives in “Town Y”.  I said, if you live in “Town Y”, why don't I take you to “Town Y” instead of “Town X” Drug?  You'd do that for me?!(cries)  Well, do you have a way to get home if I drop you off in “Town X”?  No.  Well it doesn't seem right to drop you off there then.  All I did is get you to be from being stuck in one place to stuck in another.  I'll just take you to “Town Y”.  She tears up and cries harder, you'd do that for me?  I say, I got a full tank of gas, nothing better to do, I'm in it for the duration, yes I'll take you to  “Town Y”.

Some highlights of her life story:  She grew up on an Air Base in Mississippi.  Her mother was gorgeous, and crazy, and awesome.  One time they got pulled over for speeding on the Air Base.  Mother flirts so hard with the officer, he eventually relents to her invitation for a cup of coffee after duty, they meet at the Waffle House, and they end up having sex.  She told her mom, I don't think you're teaching my right!  Then she says, “I got pulled over, it didn't work for me.  But then again, my mom was GORGEOUS.”  I'm pretty sure that was an invitation for me to say she was good looking too, but I didn't fall for it!

Right about now, we’re nearing “Town X”, she says, “Can you stop at the store, I need some things?”  Sure.  She gets out, looks in, “you’re not going to leave me here are you?”  Nope.  “You promise?”  Yep, I promise.  “You’re so nice…..”  She comes back with some Four Loco and a bag of cookies.  I didn’t even know what Four Loco was at the time, I thought it was probably an energy drink.  “You mind if I drink this?”  Sure go ahead.  “You want a sip?”  No thanks.  “Come on, take a sip, it’s really good.  I’ll even give you the first sip.”  And she opens it and hands it to me.  OK, I’ll take a sip.  Yep, alcohol.  “Gooooood ain’t it?”  Me, oof, no not really!  “Aww, that’s my go to juice!” she says.

Now the life story begins again.  She got pregnant at age 14.  It was the night she lost her virginity.  It was with her first cousin.  It was also his first time.  In a car.  And her brother was there, cheering them on!  I didn't know what I was doing she says......”We didn't want to have a kid, we just wanted to f**k! I have a son.”  (This is where the word couson comes from!)

She's married.  Madly in love with her husband, but he's in El Paso.  She misses him.....but they can never be together.  They are too different, in different places.  But they're madly in love.

Finally got to her house, well, her second-cousin-son's house, she gets out of the car, bends down to look in, "I love you!"  and blows me a kiss.

Well that was 75 miles and a night gone from my life!!! Hahaha
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:38am
Look up 1 post above JC's I posted the story.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:44am
Good mornin DJ, chask and me are Ennocent this time....
 Just look towards Thad and for askin and Stevo for supplyin the link to them female pole climbers and dancers...
   And yea, T-bone thats quiet the story. There are times in a fellows life that could be missed... LOL

I remember another time many years ago that my Luv was home alone and I was 8 miles from home and the cell phone starts ringing... I answer and my gal is almost screaming, GET HOME QUICK, SOMEBODYS AT THE BACK DOOR LOOKING IN!  It had started raining and lightning pretty hard maybe 10-15 minutes before, told her don't hang up,  and don't let him in!  She says he's coming in the door! OF course the fellow is all wet. Not a swift move on his part... Already had the foot pedal down on the floor on the wet road, not liking what I was hearing and saying a prayer... Then Cheryl says with more panic in her voice, "Somebody else is here" ...and then her panic subsides instantly and says "Joey's here!"  Few more moments and I hear her say "Come in Joe!" and then says that she would be alright and we hung up. Still about 2 miles  from home... Came sliding in the driveway and wondered who's car that was sitting there.  Walked into the house and Joe was talking to a fellow that as a kid, had rolled a tractor into a ditch and got pinned under it. Lost consciousness and got revived after getting the tractor off of Quay but was never the same and then he got to using drugs later too so hence, he was nicknamed Quaylude. His dad got him straightened out from the drugs and set him up raising veal calves, and was doing a good job of buying calves and raising them and selling them for kosher and then... some other crazies called PETA started harassing him for calf confinement and abuse and then the news netwerks came and did a very assinine negative story on him and his veal/kosher calve operation and made it hell for him and drove him over the edge and was worse after that... He did get a few jobs...but didn't seem to be able to hang on to them... and one of them was working at a place for awhile where my gal works.
 But... when he came into our house he asked where I was... NOT GOOD when he stepped over that threshold without being invited in.   I came in and said hi to Joe and then told Quay that he needed to go home RIGHT NOW because he screwed up coming into my house uninvited. GO HOME! That soaking wet, short on thoughts fellow stepped out the door and left. Then Joe, Cheryl and I had a talk. Funny part was Joe said he had a sudden urge to come over... despite it raining. We were glad he did. Never know what could have happened. 

Cheryl and I discussed locking doors, I refuse to lock the doors no matter what when it gets down below the teens... never know when some soul slides off the road or has car troubles in the cold and need a place to get into if it's freezing... that happened just a half mile from here years ago, fellow was going home late one cold blustery night and slid off the road into the ditch. He had walked to one house and nobody answered and the door was locked. He then made it to another house across the intersection but was to cold to knock or even turn the door knob. He finally turned around and slid down the door banged the door with his head... People there thought it was the wind, but finally it was to consistent and the fellow went to the door to look out and couldn't get the door open and heard a moan outside... well, they got the fellow in by the stove wrapped in blankets and called the local hospital for him... and the "ambulance" station wagon came and got him. He had frostbite and think he lost dome digits too. He could have easily been a dead man that night. Probably is now from some other cause after all these years. Ermm  LOL 
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:48am
Geez T, I seen your post and I did a copy of my post, did a delete and repasted and edited it a bit and your next comment popped up so now this reply is out of order from yours. LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:50am
Yeah, that confused me a bit.....but I guess the boyz will figure it out.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:50pm
Tbone, I'd a done the same thing.  I remember being out of luck, in a strange place and needing help.  Someone helped me out and wouldn't take ANY THING for HER help.  She just said pass it on and I've done that ever since I could.  That's old school....Clap

JC DAG NAB IT!!! Angry  If I gotta come up there!!!  Now FOLLOW the doctors orders and you'd better listen CAREFULLY to Cheryl, you gotta live with her and if she's unhappy with you......movin down to NM isn't far enough.  An besides, she probably already has DJ's number.  LOOK OUT Buddy!!  DO AS YOU'RE TOLD!!  You keep up them Shenanigans and I'll have to put you in the same category as ole Shamers. Confused  Besides, it ain't good for you!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, IF you need me for anything, just holler!  I'll be up in a jump.  Besides then I can visit all them guys up Norte that have Allis stuff...maybe even buy some stuff.

How you feeling today?  Acutually tomorrow, as it's almost/only an hour away from midnight.... Ouch

Oh yeah Tbone, you don't need to pack a suitcase and head this way, I can handle any chores, BUT if'n he don't listen or Cheryl calls me, then I'll need some help.  I think I read somewheres in here that he's got a loaded gun....LOL

Edited by Ted J - 06 Feb 2020 at 10:54pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 1:25am

LOLLOL,,,Dang TBone,,,thas quite a story,,,and I DO think you was bein offered more that just a drink of the "Back Seat Juice" ,,,,,Wink and you was a shore enough gentleman for refusin to join her,,,,cause,,,cause she mighta NOT been tellin you the troot bout how pretty her momma really was,,,,,,Wink and,,,,and,,,that woulda made a difference with ,,,ME,,,!! LOLLOL yes,,,you DID leave out enough details to get us to thinkin as to how far you did get,,,,,,Chit,,I'da done the same thing,,,,LOLLOL

By Golly,,,ole JC got him a great story too,,,,,but kinda scary too,,,!! Maybe JC's concern for the fellow man who might need some help on a freezin night out,,may be a tad too much for this ole desert boy,,,especially with his wife home alone. If your friend, Joe, had not shown up, Cheryl would of maybe been in very great danger,,one just never knows,,,,, Me,,I will always err to the side of safety cause you just never know.
  We live within a few hundred feet of a major highway, and when we bought the place,  there was not another house within a half mile of us and back then I thought that WAS a good thing but now I ain't so sure. Thru the years, we have had some travelers come to the house after dark needin to use the phone and back then with no cell phones sure did give you the heebee jeebees to let em in the house,,,but then soon as they seen the the butt of the 9MM in my pocket,,,THEN they got scared and left pretty quick,,!! I have several big game rifles, bout the same number of shotguns and 2 pistols. The pistols are in two different places where I could get to either of them pretty easy should the need ever arise.
 Have no idea if I could shoot a person,, and hope I never have to make that decision,,,,,ClapClap
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:24am
Since we're telling stories I have one. Got up to milk one morning and in the process of getting a cup of coffee a knock on the kitchen door got my attention! It was summer and who would be up besides a dairy farmer this early on a Sunday morning! I opened the door and a young man was smiling at me and asked to come in. I said no what do you want. He said he was cold and he didn't know where he was as he had been to a party with friends and they had left him. Immediately I was suspicious of his story mainly because of my neighbors always having parties and I noticed scratches on his face. I asked if he wanted me to call someone. He said yes a taxi! We don't have taxi service but I didn't tell him that! I decided then to call the State Police. The man asked again if he could come in and I replied I am calling you a ride just sit there on the porch and closed the door. I called the State Police and about 15 minutes later 2 troopers in a patrol car pulled in. The young man's head hung down as he knew he had been caught. One trooper took the man to the car and the other came to the porch to talk with me. Seems they were looking for the man as they had a report of an attempted rape in a home north of me and they had been talking to the woman when I called. The trooper asked if the man had tried to get in my house and I replied no that would have been his last mistake! I didn't tell the trooper but I had loaded my double barrel shotgun before I answered the door when I heard the guy knocking! The trooper thanked me and went back to the patrol car and drove off giving the guy his taxi ride!

Edited by klinemar - 07 Feb 2020 at 6:29am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
DJ,  a little 9mm would be nice to carry compared to a big butt 44 rev. Like to someday get a little one to have handy near by.

Mark, That was an interesting story, or rather an interesting life's experience.

T-Bone, Many a year ago I was on my way home from helping my nephew cut down a tree and dig stumps out and I spied a damsel in distress. She was parked along the road with a flat tire and I stopped, asked her if she needed help changing her tire... no, no, she was alright, after she had locked her door...
 I asked if she had help coming to change it and she said she did, her husband.
Asked her how far from home was she... Very hesitant and finally said Luck.
Well, he's a good half hour or 45 minutes from here.  Let me change your tire and you can get going on your way and he doesn't have to drive all this way.
  Do you have a spare?  Yes... but but... he is coming.  Well, let me start changing the tire and when he gets here he can finish it then.   Some hemming and hawing and finally she said, 'ok' ... now where is the tire? --- in the back...
I look, yea, under a stack of kids clothes and had to move the boxes and bags to get to it. Now a jack was needed.. and no jack with the tire. She says on the floor, behind the seat. Which side? behind her. And she wasn't going to unlock the door....  Finally she scrunched up and turned around enough to unlock the one door and moved forward. Got the jack and wrench and changed the tire and put the jack and wheel in the back and closed the back door and I said, Your good to go. r-r-r-ZOOOM , and she was gone. No thank you or nothing. Well, I laughed at that and went on home... Walked into the house to clean up and standing in front of the sink and took a look in the mirror, and seen my face was full of dust and dirt and streaks of sweat had run down it and made it look scary.. and I laughed harder about the tire changing moment. No wonder she was scared.  I had wondered what she had told her husband ... a scary ugly ooger changed my tire... LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
Now your good and scary. LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:01am
You guys just crack me up what with all these damsel in distress.  What AREN'T you telling us? LOL LOL LOL LOLLOLLOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic