Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=167882
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 1:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Day 3...
Posted By: JC-WI
Subject: Day 3...
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 6:51am
Going on day three since I had robotic surgery for a laguinal hernia repair.
  They said it would be faster recovery and less painful... and I understood it would be a 3/4" incision they would be working through. ... and thought it would be in the hernia area.
 Was I wrong, three incisions 1 inch long , left right and center above the navel line. From those holes they went down to the groin area to repair... and to see, they pumped air in the cavity...  was down at the horsepitol for 7 hours... an sent home with a see-ya in 30 days.
  Can't sit, and can't lay down in a bed, so I have laid flat on the inversion table instead, at least I can get up to standing from it. But that is getting tiring of laying on that, and trying to cold pack the wounds to keep the swelling down too.
 Feels like a got runned under by one of them new freightliners... with them low skirts an keeps ye rolling under the wheels after ye got whacked by the grill and front bumper.
  Now with all the pains, seems new ones crop up too. Normally when docs prescribe them pain killers, I don't take them but for this, I am.OuchThumbs Down and I don't want to.  Sure been havin some whacked out dreams too from them. Like seeing holes in the floors and holes in the walls and everything rotting and decaying...  and even stranger stuff too. Been wondering if our friends with opposing views are also on these pills.  (maybe I shouldn't have wrote that... and give them an excuse. suppose to be a funnyWink)
 Dang, now my left arm/hand went to sleep while holding the cold pack against the belly.
 I better quit whining an yappin and see if there is some more rest yet to catch.
 And if you fellas have an urge to say a kind prayer for me, I sure would appreciate that...  Thanks, JC 

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Replies:
Posted By: allisrutledge
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:03am
I'll Pray you get back to feeling better soon. I wish the docs would always give us the worst case scenario so when its not as bad we can feel like we're an exception.

-------------
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:16am
Hey my friend.....praying for ya.  I've had 3 of them SOB's, 2 repaired with the 6 inch incision in the area, 1 with the 3 little "lights, camera, action" incision".  I too thought the 3 little ones would be so much better.......ehhhh, not so much, still hurts like a bugger.  There is less of a slice through your abdomen, so it is better in the long run.

You hang in there, it will get better.  Who is feeding the moos? 

(Do I get bonus points for calling this? LOL)

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:53am
Prayers for feeling better soon.  Do what the doctor tells you...

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:07am
had one done when I was 18, that didn't last... have 2 more( 1 top of stomach)....but I'd rather endure a little pain than weeks. If (IF) I don't do 'silly things' I'm maybe 90% OK...
heck, had 2 ingrown toenails 'removed' 2 weeks ago.still tnder tootsy...

getting old sux !

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: TimCNY
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:42am
I say this NOT to be a "topper" or "one-upper," but so that you know I truly, honestly DO empathize with you...
I've had 5 hernia surgeries from March 2000 through January 2007. The first 4 were all done at once, mesh patches, spinal block and I watched the whole terrible process. Fifth one I said "Knock me out, doc!" That one was in the navel, the result of a Jeep-deer collision and my belt buckle was pushed into my navel by the seat belt popped me like the Pillsbury Dough Boy; laproscopic, right in the navel, you know the drill.
Average time to being able to walk like a human and without pain -- two weeks. After that? Wonderful. JUST DO WHAT THE DOCTORS SAY. It's easy to become discouraged especially when the smallest, most menial tasks are too big to handle. I remember after the first four, almost brought to tears wondering if I'd ever walk normal again, without feeling like I was hit by a train, killed, and my ghost ripping my guts open to try and get back in lol!
As for the weird dreams, I'd say that is 100% the pain killers. They prescribed oxycontin and something else for pain, I refused. But you're right, it's bad. I DID use the bed, but only because I had no other choice except a chair; you know what I mean when I say neither was good for me. Without 2 people to help me (and I was recuperating at home alone back then, wife working and daughter in school lol) I could NOT get out of any chair, and bed wasn't much better because of the torsion/twisting at the waist in any direction.
So, yeah, I really really DO "feel your pain," and I'm writing this to encourage you and give you hope that it is VERY TEMPORARY. Again - DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO, AND YOU'LL RECOVER faster and better. Complications from these surgeries are NOT something you want to deal with!!! Most important, DO NOT RUSH to become active again. YOU WILL be fine in time, but GIVE IT TIME and REST. Nothing else works as well. Actually, I'd have to say, NOTHING ELSE WORKS, PERIOD.
In the end, you'll come out of this MUCH BETTER than you went into it. Think of it like having a priceless old car (OK, Allis-Chalmers tractor) professionally restored: For most of the process, it is a MESS, pieces scattered everywhere, you can't even bring yourself to look at it sometimes. But in the end, it is terrific, and you don't even remember the process to get it there. Same as the nine months a woman goes through to give birth. Bottom line, BE ENCOURAGED!!!

-------------
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!

Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:51am
JC, praying that your pain will ease and you have a speedy recovery. Thanks for the warning, didn't realize the robotic surgery was that bad. I have a small hernia close to my navel and had a consult with the surgeon. He said if it was not giving me any problems he would not recommend surgery but would do it if I wanted. Glad I passed on having it done.

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.

Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:14am

Gosh,,,JC,,,,Dang,,,I'm feelin for you and Cheryl too,,,you're prolly drivin her crazy,,huh,,??LOLLOL
 Well,,we're sendin lots of Get Well Prayers for you and the Mrs, for a quick recovery,,,,and YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF,,,,,,Buddy!!!
 Sent you a PM.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:22am
It could worse!!! They tryed taking my galblader with the little holes,and go home right after, WRONG. They cut me open about a foot,spent 13 day in the hotel from hell. Still had a drain a dripping when they sent me home.

But the way you describe the pain ,maybe you would of been better in the hospital. Hope it improves fast so you can at least sleep.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:34am
Takin' a dump is a whole new experience ain't it?!  Definitely praying for ya' JC, and you will see some improvement in a few days I'd think.

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:29pm
Hoping your on the road to a quick recovery. None of these things seem to be as easy as the docs tell us they will be! Especially as we get a little older too!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:58pm
Prayer for the pain to get better and full recovery JC

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm
Thanks fellows, Sure appreciate the prayers, went back to to nap and woke up feeling better... hope it continues getting better back to normal...
 Nice to know I am not alone...

Tbone, ain't had that pleasure yet...Unhappy sure been wanting to... hope it's soon.

-------------

Posted By: AllisFreak MN
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:06pm
Sneezing is another thing that hurts like heck. I've had 2 hernia surgeries way down low in the nutsack area so I feel your pain as well. My twig and berries were swelled up plum purple for a week afterward both times. Too much info??Ouch

-------------
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:17pm
Well buddy you better be REAL careful and follow the docs orders!!  I'm betting that Cheryl is about ready to throw you out in the snow!!  I wouldn't blame her a bit.  Hopin you're feeling a lot more chipper today.  All these things take time and its a good thing it's winter now, but there's still a lot of chores to be done.  DON'T YOU BE DOING any of em though!!
You just sit on the back side of your lap (when you're able) and talk smart and watch Gunsmoke.  If you REALLY need something, you just give me a holler and I'll come up and help out.  YOU'RE buying the beer though...
Good luck buddy and I'm prayin for you!

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 6:13pm
Get you a box of Dulcolax and take them NORCO as needed.  Abouts all you can do.  Make sure you wean yourself off that dope slowly.  My stomach surgery took one month to stop hurtin.  My cancer surgery, I was never in pain, go figure!  Take care of yourself, do what the Doc says, and get up and move around as much as possible. 

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:00pm
Prayers from here as well JC. Don't know what to advise except listen to the Doc. If still in such pain tomorrow I would call the Doc and see what he says. I've had 2 hernia surgeries, one in 2013 and the second in 2015. Only spent maybe 4 to six hours in hospital, mostly due to wake-up time. I was walking and even drove the day after. Did have some pain, but nothing you describe. from the two of those surgeries plus the one from back surgery in 2006, I now have a scar from 2 inches above my navel to pretty close to my privates. May God grant you relief from the pain and a quick, complete recovery. God Bless.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:01pm
Just got done talking to JC on the phone.  He's doin OK and sounds pretty good.  A little groggy and VERY tired.  Talked almost an hour and I told him to get some sleep and he's drinking so much water he can't.  He's gotta go too often to get any sleep.  He says thanks for the prayers and thoughts.  keep him in your prayers guys and gals.

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:10pm
Im coming to the party late JC, but I am praying for you. One word of advice, although, I doubt you will listen.....'cause you are a male, don't do nuttin, not even blow your nose w/o the docs blessing! don't axks how I know this!

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:34pm

Yeah,,JC,,Ditto what everybody is tellin you,,,just take it easy till you get better,,,worsted thing you can do is to start activities too dang soon,,,,,,! !! Just take her low and slow. I'll give you another hollar tomorrow,,,ClapClap

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 7:26am
X2 on the Dulcolax......You might invent some new words, or use some you haven't in while.....even with it's help. 

Soon as you're able, walking is the best thing.  Need to get vertical, get breathing, get moving, your lungs need to expel that anesthesia effect.  Course, nothing I say trumps what your doctor says. 

Prayers for improvement my friend. 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Well buddy you better be REAL careful and follow the docs orders!!  I'm betting that Cheryl is about ready to throw you out in the snow!!  I wouldn't blame her a bit.  Hopin you're feeling a lot more chipper today.  All these things take time and its a good thing it's winter now, but there's still a lot of chores to be done.  DON'T YOU BE DOING any of em though!!
You just sit on the back side of your lap (when you're able) and talk smart and watch Gunsmoke.  If you REALLY need something, you just give me a holler and I'll come up and help out.  YOU'RE buying the beer though...
Good luck buddy and I'm prayin for you!
Ted, I can pick you up on the way by if'n' he needs help.  I'm kinda far away if the cows get out........Hmmm....maybe if I make it to your place you could drive the rest of the way?  I know you like MGD, so we're good!LOL

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 10:32am
Day 4
Good morning Fellows, I looked out and see it is a gray day with Shameless's dandruff in the air.  Oh well. 
 I reread most of the comments, an it makes for the realization ever truer that what your going through may not be as bad s what others have gone through. 
Like TimCNY saying he had five of them hernias, (No 'upper' there) or Tbone with three, or John with the cancer issues... or Ray and his galblader removal... and here I whine... but to this body it was a major intrusion.
  Like what Ted says, I am up and down every little while for a P and thats not normal for me... use to sleep through the night and have a good draining in the morning. Not now. Little gal there injected fluid into the bladder and felt pain and something happened and now feel pain an gotta go. Hope that heals up too.
 Guess over-all, I feel some better today...

...'T', Had a small moment/movement last night about the size of Liawatha's campaign supporter attendees, 3 or four little tnurds... Still waiting for a good movement to happen. ...and got them softener pills in me too, might have to step it up a notch to the Dulco product.

As for docs orders, all I remember him saying is 'don't lift over 20 pounds'
  Thanks again for the prayers and comments.

mmm MGD, If I knew you boys were coming, I could figure out a way to get a case or two around here. Wink   LOL

-------------

Posted By: TimCNY
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:06pm
Oh, hey, I don't care if you had one or fifty, IT AIN'T WHINING lol!!! IT HURTS, like we were never meant to hurt.

One other thing, the nurse during the first 4 was with me in the recovery room, I said I felt great, she said, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but when the doctor comes in he's going to give it to you straight. He's been telling you for months that you'll be back on your feet and good as new in a day or two, but the truth is, you're looking at two weeks of hell coming up fast, as soon as that epidural wears off."
She was right, that is exactly what the good ol' doc said. I asked him why he lied, he said it was because he knows me (I went to school with his son from K-12), and he knew I would never otherwise agree to getting them repaired and they were really bad. And she was right about what I felt like after the epidural wore off... She said she has 4 kids, 3 natural childbirth and one C-section, and ONE hernia surgery. She said never NEVER believe that old wives tale about men never being able to know the pain of childbirth, she said she'd GLADLY have 1,000 kids natural without drugs before she'd have another hernia surgery. NOT GOOD, lol!

So, YOU ARE NOT WHINING. You are, however, in very good company!
Give it time and heal well! And, frankly, I'd honestly say that 20 pounds is 10 or 15 pounds too heavy until after you're able to move better. Get well soon!!!

-------------
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
I remember when I had back surgery in 1986, a fusion in L 3&4, lower back. Doc sent me home and the first visit back to him he said nothing over 5 lbs. told him I was already lifting more than that I was lifting a gallon of milk, he said whats that weigh I told him 8 lbs. and he said no more than that. Surgery was in January and I was aloud to go back to work in May. Computers were just coming out then so there was no internet, I was aloud to set up long enough to eat other wise stand or lay was all. Sure glad it was a cold snowy winter.

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:01am
gosh JC...I knows what you are going thru too...had mine back in the mid 70's, it scared my boss so bad that he thought he was gonna hafta pay for the surgery...he fired me while I was still in the hospital! I learned to sleep (if/when I could) on my back and sides, always slept on my tummy before, that ended real fast! I guess since you can't gits up and out, it would be a good time to aim the machine your way? then you could enjoy and notice how pretty it really is! take care my friend, be thinking and praying for you...

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 1:36pm
Shamer thats hitting a man when he's down and his wife is liable to come hunting you with a big gun cause she will be the one to have to clear the snow away

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Ted, I can pick you up on the way by if'n' he needs help.  I'm kinda far away if the cows get out........Hmmm....maybe if I make it to your place you could drive the rest of the way?  I know you like MGD, so we're good!LOL
Craig, that sounds good.  I sure can drive the rest of the way.  you'll be plenty tired by the time you get here!  And I've USUALLY got 3 case of MGD around here on ice, so that's no problem!ClapClap

JC, I have to agree with somebody else........ 8 lbs is PLENTY for now.  Otherwise you'll start doin more and then more....I know you!! Evil Smile

Shameless, take pity on the poor guy, and the rest of us.  NO MORE PRETTY till the end of March.  If'n you want to help, mix up some of them good meals you're putting together and either BRING em or ship em up to JC.  BUT, nothing that will give him gas,,,,,,,at least for a month anyway. LOLLOL

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:49pm
Ted, I know it probably sounds silly, but if something needed my help, and I had a day or two to plan, I’d be on my way ASAP. The cows out would probably need someone closer.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:30am
  Day five... yea, a bugger, couldn't get any sleep over night... 6am crawled into the shower and took a long shower... felt some better. Laid down and finally got a few hours sleep.  Later we juiced carrots and celery and drank that down. Looked out an it was 33 degrees, an the snow is soft. Behaved myself, staying in till about 3 when nephew showed up to feed moos an stove. Got dressed up warm and shuffled my feet to the barn thinking I would watch him feed and head back to the house.
 Simple plan, get some fresh air and exercise...And behave myself like Ted wants me to, (an me too) What could go wrong?  Nephew didn't show up... So, shuffled my way back towards the house and here he came on foot. He had gotten stuck and could not back up the grade what the tires spun.
Yea, I know I should have headed to the house and said 'your on yur own', but I didn't when he asked if I would drive his truck...  said I would but I would do a slow walk out there. By the time I got there, he had pulled the tractor backwards with his truck... so crawled in it slow and drove it back to the house... should have gone in at that point, or simply drove the truck down to the barn.LOL An I could hear Ted say, "Don't over do it"...
 Watched him feed the moos for me and watched them eat their feed for a few minutes while he headed out to feed hay... then I started heading to the house,,, oh geez, here he is stuck again, just after he went through the gate, the back bale had fallen off and 10 feet farther sat the tractor. and he couldn't back up account of the frickken wet slippery snow... The dang same crap I was going to clean out before going in for repair.  Told him to give the old tractor a tug backwards and it rolled out so easy. He then took the two bales out one at a time, an I crawled into the truck and took it to the house. I had more than enough fun for the day. And didn't lift anything except for one end of a chain.  Sat down and drank more celery and carrot juice and ate some supper an rested... now I am awake and it is...
Day 6 ... No Shameless, I do not need anymore SNOW... Neither does Ted...Specially when Ted an T-bone are drivin up this way.  And, mind you, I will be expecting them every day till spring ... So NO MORE SNOW during all them 'expecting' days!!!  Wink LOL

Thanks Tadams, you juss keep remindin Shamerz to behave his self... He sure don't lissen to me none.
 An Dale, Thanks for the thoughts an prayers too... I am needin all I can get...

-------------

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:56am
Been away from this site for awhile with family problems. Sending a prayer for you JC as I have had a few operations myself and sympathize. I know the feeling of being a caged lion after an operation and thinking you can get back in step! Take the time to heal!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 7:40am
Rough day there. Not sure that qualifies as behaving!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:07am
Thank you Mark, Hope an pray that the issues on your end will dissolve or resolve themselves and be good again.

T-bone, it did not qualify as 'behavin my self' just in the length of time I was out there, despite moving real slow doing basically nothing too...
  Will see how today goes... Not going to try to repeat yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:44am
Day 8... app. 1AM... DING-DONG ...     What the....  somebody ringin my doorbell this hour of the morning? 
  Stumble out of the chair I'm in....and get to the door, a fellow bout 28 standin there... I open the door an he says, "I ran out of gas, can you help me"...
 I ask, "can you call someone else?"
He says "I got my girl friend with and we're headed to work... we both work the night shift. We're going to be late." Work is 14 miles away...
 Little gruff with him and says, "Listen, I just had surgery a few days ago... and I shouldn't be out doing anything."
He says, "Oh I'm sorry, You just tell me where you have gas and I can get it myself. 
Oh crap, what if I was that young fellow and in desperate need of gas such as this... aargh... "No, I will help you... you got money for gas?
Him, "I don't have my wallet..."
 mmm That screws that idea of taking him up town to buy his own gas.
 I says, "You shouldn't be running around without your drivers license... what if an officer stops you? "
him," I got a drivers license with me" and starts digging into his pocket... Do you want to see it?  mmm "No, got a can with you?
 He says, "No, it is in my old truck."
Dam, now I got to find a gas can with a spout... mmm I can use the tank in the truck, just start up the old Ford and drive to where he is and pump some gas into his.
So... I go wake up my gal and tell her that there's a fellow out of gas and I was going to get some gas for him...  Go back to the kitchen and crawl into the old Carharts. My gal comes out and starts tellin me I shouldn't be doing this, then turns and tells the fellow he just had surgury, and can't he get someone else to help him instead?  LOL Finally got boots and gloves on and grabbed a couple lights and headed out the door walked over to the truck and windows all frosted. Started it and went and put gas in his vehicle, about 5 gallons worth.
I ask how much gas does his gauge read... and he says "STOP, theres more than enough to get me to work... How much do I owe you".
... and I should have just said for him to help some one in need sometime... but instead I said, "leave a twenty in the mailbox."
 "I'll pay you tomorrow"... Starts his yellow truck up and roars down the road and out of sight...
Now, will he fullfill his word? We shall see.  Not holdin my breath.  LOL
Tell ye, I sure was glad to git back in an sit back down where it was warm again.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:07am
Your a Angel for helping the young man. 
Thank You

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:18am
I keep an extra  plastic gallon milk jug and a cardboard funnel for them guys... But 1 am is NOT GOOD !

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: chaskaduo
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:30am
Your a good man JC, but first I would have got my trusty little friend before answering the door. I hope he leaves you more than a twenty, I know I would, way more.

-------------
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:45am
Sending prayers your way!--and be careful with them 1 am bell ringers! I had one 30 years ago, doped up to the high heavens, almost had to pull the trigger when he tried to break the door down!  Good thing the old door held him out!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:31pm
I go out of town for a week and all kinds of stuff happens!  Sorry for your troubles, JC, also all the others with things not so good.  Hope this day finds you ever closer to being back to better then normal.  And I hope the rest of the gang have a great day too!

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:30pm

Well,,I can certainly swear to the kind of blessed heart ole JC has got,,,,,Clap,,and,,,,and,,he's the kind of man you do want to meet on a dark night when you're broke down and nary a thought as to how you gonna get homeClap I guess the only'ist other thing you might of done is let him SEE you strap the old 45 on before you leave the house,,,then turn around just as you close the door and tell the wife,,,"When the sherrif shows up, just tell him I'll be back in 10 minutes"
 You're a good man, JC,,,,ClapClap

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
You answered your door at 1:00 am in your condition ???? You are too damn nice JC . Hope he comes through , he better . I answered my door at 2 am once with a shotgun barrel first thing out the door . I was not as nice as you, did not just have surgery and sent 4 youngsters on their way .

That's a good woman you got givin that youngen a hard time . Try and take it easy and don't answer your door . Wish I was closer and could lend a hand . Ted , T Bone get over there and talk some sense in to JC will ya !!!

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:43pm
Your a good man JC! I have helped people in need and been repayed. And then there are a few who didn't!

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:43am
"Strap on the 45",  Shoulda done that DJ... Bet that boy woulda looked hard at that. Shocked     LOL

I gots a little more to add to the story here, Tonight my Luv and I were talking and she said she asked the fellow why he ran out of gas, and he said his gas gauge had broken that day...mmm, I didn't hear that when crawling into the Carharts, but when I pumped some in, and asked what the gauge reads, he said, "stop, there's more than enough ..." - So did his gauge work or didn't it? or was he running around on empty and burning some fumes? Ermm
mmm, don't think I need to venture out to see if there is any 'extra paper' in the mail box tonight. Thinks ol jc gots skinned outta some gas... Ouch
Oh well, thats what one gets for not bein real smart... should have told the young fellow that We'll go get his girlfriend and we will go get gas in town. You would think between the two of them somebody would have a cc with them... or some cash.  LOL LOL
 mmm, wonder maybe instead of work, if he was suppose to have the fillie home at midnight and was late at gettin her home for the speed he took off out of here. LOL

He had also said he would leave me his ice fishing tipups until he got back to pay for the gas, but I got no use for tipups,... Yea, and tipups are as cheap as a buck and a half. LOL
 Well,  I talked to a friend tonight and told him the story and he said that there's a good chance that the yellow ext. cab dodge pickup might come back into the area because come Saturday, there's an ice fishing contest... and if the fella is into ice fishing, no doubt it will go by my friends place so he will keep an eye open for it. LOL

Pat, sadly Ted already tried to talk some sense into ol jc... apparently it didn't work... So can't blame him for not trying. Disapprove 

Well guys, it all hinged around the , "what if it were me standing there instead of him"... But maybe I should re-evaluate the change from our era to today's kooks and crazies figured into that equation.
 Thanks for the nice comments, most all of you would have tried to help somehow too...

Day 9
  Another 12:30 AM, found the old house getting kinda cool, went and put the duds on and went out to the stove to see why it wasn't heating... last time had a blown hose... this time, just a switch not turned back on. WHEW, easy fix. Can handle that.  Now go post this and crawl back into bed. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:48am
Hope you got some decent rest. 

I'm 0 for 4 helping people with gas and getting anything "paid back".  And.....I'd probably help again.  Too dumb to learn better I guess at my age.

One older dude a few years ago got himself spun out and stuck in the ditch and I was already feeding cows, so drove over and pulled him out.  He was so happy....he wanted to pay me and I said naw....no worries, already dressed and tractor running and you're right across the road.  I never gave him my name, but he must've asked around and found out who I was and he called, thanking me a million times over and said he was going to take me and my wife out for a steak dinner.  I said again that was not necessary.  He says well, it will be either Saturday or next Saturday, and I'll call you back.  Never called back!  Getting hungry!  lol

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:54am
Then there was the woman sitting on my front porch when I got home from work.  This was the Monday after the super bowl 2019.  Now THAT'S a story.....LOL

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:44am

Good Gosh,  TBone,,,,now,,you KNEW we was gonna want to know the details of such an escapade that you allude to with thet young lady lookin for a home,,,,errrr mayhaps lookin for a hand,,,,,, dang,,a fellar could sit here and conjure up all sorts of things,,,besides,,my palms need a few more days healin time since that last "tempter" by ole JC or was it ole Chask,,,,them guys,,,,LOLLOL

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:52am
Joe, notice real careful like how I never said "young" or "lady"!

Now....if you really want to hear it, just say so, but I have to warn you you'll have to wait a bit.....and sadly I may be leaving out a few details cuz it's been a while! LOL

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
Your killin us Tbones. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:03am

OH,,,,,i did notice how you very carefully word your statements and I do as well,,,,notice I said "allude" as it gives you a way out of any incriminations by the other older Gentlemens here that is just slobberin waitin on any juicy details you might put forth,,,WinkWink
 I figure you gots a "tale to tell" and them kind takes a while to get all the details in the right place and order,,,,I KNOW,,,they accuse me of thet chit alla the time,,,just ask ole Shameless, Chask or JC,,,,,,LOLLOL

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:25am
OK, I cheated, I looked up an email I sent to a friend right after it happened, and here that is redacted to protect the innocent! LOLLOL  Even at the time, I left out some detail, because there was just too much......But here goes:

What should I have done?

Gotta tell you about my Monday evening!

So I get home from work, right at 4:30.  Don't have a million things to do, but the 3 or 4 I had to do I wanted to do, ya know?  So I get out of the car, and I hear this strange noise.  WTF?  I'm trying to orient the direction, ears playing tricks on me, eyes trying to focus...I hear it again, like a whimper almost, now I'm realizing definitely human made.  "Help me" I hear, coming from towards the house.  I'm squinting, what the heck, who the heck where the heck am I looking.  "...unintelligible whimpering... help me.......whimper".  It's on my front porch.  Here's this ROUGH looking woman.  I mean, on her best day, she'd be really rough, and instead she's having a rough day.  One of those people that look probably 20 years older than they really are.  What was throwing my sight off, she had on a bright yellow, like raincoat/safety yellow almost, coat, and she had her head hung so low, I couldn't make out it was a person at first.  So I go up there and ask what's up.  Complete stranger, crying, "help me", took forever to get her to say anything else.  I was thinking must truly be retarded, couldn't communicate.  I said a little firmly, I'll help you but you have to tell me what you need!  Apparently, she has a friend down the road from me, the friend convinced her to come over for the super bowl.  The friend "ran out on her" and she was stuck here.  She had been walking, and fell hard on the ice and mud.

From there she kind of snapped into reality.  I need a ride she says.  OK, where to?  I don't know she says.  LOL, well, in order to give you a ride somewhere, I need to know where you want to go. Over and over, “can you give me a ride?”  WHERE TO?!  “Town X” Drug, she says, which is about 10 miles north.  OK, let me tell the wife where I'm going, put my lunch and thermos away, get a bit organized, and I'll be right back.

We get in the car and take off. Quiet at first, but I ask a few questions, she just keeps saying I need help, tell her I'm going to help, she'll be OK.  So she began to relax and calm down a bit, then she started talking.  And of course telling me her life story.  And OH MY, what a story! HAHA

We get about 4 or 5 miles, and she says she lives in “Town Y”.  I said, if you live in “Town Y”, why don't I take you to “Town Y” instead of “Town X” Drug?  You'd do that for me?!(cries)  Well, do you have a way to get home if I drop you off in “Town X”?  No.  Well it doesn't seem right to drop you off there then.  All I did is get you to be from being stuck in one place to stuck in another.  I'll just take you to “Town Y”.  She tears up and cries harder, you'd do that for me?  I say, I got a full tank of gas, nothing better to do, I'm in it for the duration, yes I'll take you to  “Town Y”.

Some highlights of her life story:  She grew up on an Air Base in Mississippi.  Her mother was gorgeous, and crazy, and awesome.  One time they got pulled over for speeding on the Air Base.  Mother flirts so hard with the officer, he eventually relents to her invitation for a cup of coffee after duty, they meet at the Waffle House, and they end up having sex.  She told her mom, I don't think you're teaching my right!  Then she says, “I got pulled over, it didn't work for me.  But then again, my mom was GORGEOUS.”  I'm pretty sure that was an invitation for me to say she was good looking too, but I didn't fall for it!

Right about now, we’re nearing “Town X”, she says, “Can you stop at the store, I need some things?”  Sure.  She gets out, looks in, “you’re not going to leave me here are you?”  Nope.  “You promise?”  Yep, I promise.  “You’re so nice…..”  She comes back with some Four Loco and a bag of cookies.  I didn’t even know what Four Loco was at the time, I thought it was probably an energy drink.  “You mind if I drink this?”  Sure go ahead.  “You want a sip?”  No thanks.  “Come on, take a sip, it’s really good.  I’ll even give you the first sip.”  And she opens it and hands it to me.  OK, I’ll take a sip.  Yep, alcohol.  “Gooooood ain’t it?”  Me, oof, no not really!  “Aww, that’s my go to juice!” she says.

Now the life story begins again.  She got pregnant at age 14.  It was the night she lost her virginity.  It was with her first cousin.  It was also his first time.  In a car.  And her brother was there, cheering them on!  I didn't know what I was doing she says......”We didn't want to have a kid, we just wanted to f**k! I have a son.”  (This is where the word couson comes from!)

She's married.  Madly in love with her husband, but he's in El Paso.  She misses him.....but they can never be together.  They are too different, in different places.  But they're madly in love.

Finally got to her house, well, her second-cousin-son's house, she gets out of the car, bends down to look in, "I love you!"  and blows me a kiss.

Well that was 75 miles and a night gone from my life!!! Hahaha

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:38am
Look up 1 post above JC's I posted the story.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:44am
Good mornin DJ, chask and me are Ennocent this time....
 Just look towards Thad and for askin and Stevo for supplyin the link to them female pole climbers and dancers...
   And yea, T-bone thats quiet the story. There are times in a fellows life that could be missed... LOL

I remember another time many years ago that my Luv was home alone and I was 8 miles from home and the cell phone starts ringing... I answer and my gal is almost screaming, GET HOME QUICK, SOMEBODYS AT THE BACK DOOR LOOKING IN!  It had started raining and lightning pretty hard maybe 10-15 minutes before, told her don't hang up,  and don't let him in!  She says he's coming in the door! OF course the fellow is all wet. Not a swift move on his part... Already had the foot pedal down on the floor on the wet road, not liking what I was hearing and saying a prayer... Then Cheryl says with more panic in her voice, "Somebody else is here" ...and then her panic subsides instantly and says "Joey's here!"  Few more moments and I hear her say "Come in Joe!" and then says that she would be alright and we hung up. Still about 2 miles  from home... Came sliding in the driveway and wondered who's car that was sitting there.  Walked into the house and Joe was talking to a fellow that as a kid, had rolled a tractor into a ditch and got pinned under it. Lost consciousness and got revived after getting the tractor off of Quay but was never the same and then he got to using drugs later too so hence, he was nicknamed Quaylude. His dad got him straightened out from the drugs and set him up raising veal calves, and was doing a good job of buying calves and raising them and selling them for kosher and then... some other crazies called PETA started harassing him for calf confinement and abuse and then the news netwerks came and did a very assinine negative story on him and his veal/kosher calve operation and made it hell for him and drove him over the edge and was worse after that... He did get a few jobs...but didn't seem to be able to hang on to them... and one of them was working at a place for awhile where my gal works.
 But... when he came into our house he asked where I was... NOT GOOD when he stepped over that threshold without being invited in.   I came in and said hi to Joe and then told Quay that he needed to go home RIGHT NOW because he screwed up coming into my house uninvited. GO HOME! That soaking wet, short on thoughts fellow stepped out the door and left. Then Joe, Cheryl and I had a talk. Funny part was Joe said he had a sudden urge to come over... despite it raining. We were glad he did. Never know what could have happened. 

Cheryl and I discussed locking doors, I refuse to lock the doors no matter what when it gets down below the teens... never know when some soul slides off the road or has car troubles in the cold and need a place to get into if it's freezing... that happened just a half mile from here years ago, fellow was going home late one cold blustery night and slid off the road into the ditch. He had walked to one house and nobody answered and the door was locked. He then made it to another house across the intersection but was to cold to knock or even turn the door knob. He finally turned around and slid down the door banged the door with his head... People there thought it was the wind, but finally it was to consistent and the fellow went to the door to look out and couldn't get the door open and heard a moan outside... well, they got the fellow in by the stove wrapped in blankets and called the local hospital for him... and the "ambulance" station wagon came and got him. He had frostbite and think he lost dome digits too. He could have easily been a dead man that night. Probably is now from some other cause after all these years. Ermm  LOL 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:48am
Geez T, I seen your post and I did a copy of my post, did a delete and repasted and edited it a bit and your next comment popped up so now this reply is out of order from yours. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:50am
Yeah, that confused me a bit.....but I guess the boyz will figure it out.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:50pm
Tbone, I'd a done the same thing.  I remember being out of luck, in a strange place and needing help.  Someone helped me out and wouldn't take ANY THING for HER help.  She just said pass it on and I've done that ever since I could.  That's old school....Clap

JC DAG NAB IT!!! Angry  If I gotta come up there!!!  Now FOLLOW the doctors orders and you'd better listen CAREFULLY to Cheryl, you gotta live with her and if she's unhappy with you......movin down to NM isn't far enough.  An besides, she probably already has DJ's number.  LOOK OUT Buddy!!  DO AS YOU'RE TOLD!!  You keep up them Shenanigans and I'll have to put you in the same category as ole Shamers. Confused  Besides, it ain't good for you!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, IF you need me for anything, just holler!  I'll be up in a jump.  Besides then I can visit all them guys up Norte that have Allis stuff...maybe even buy some stuff.

How you feeling today?  Acutually tomorrow, as it's almost/only an hour away from midnight.... Ouch

Oh yeah Tbone, you don't need to pack a suitcase and head this way, I can handle any chores, BUT if'n he don't listen or Cheryl calls me, then I'll need some help.  I think I read somewheres in here that he's got a loaded gun....LOL

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 1:25am

LOLLOL,,,Dang TBone,,,thas quite a story,,,and I DO think you was bein offered more that just a drink of the "Back Seat Juice" ,,,,,Wink and you was a shore enough gentleman for refusin to join her,,,,cause,,,cause she mighta NOT been tellin you the troot bout how pretty her momma really was,,,,,,Wink and,,,,and,,,that woulda made a difference with ,,,ME,,,!! LOLLOL yes,,,you DID leave out enough details to get us to thinkin as to how far you did get,,,,,,Chit,,I'da done the same thing,,,,LOLLOL

By Golly,,,ole JC got him a great story too,,,,,but kinda scary too,,,!! Maybe JC's concern for the fellow man who might need some help on a freezin night out,,may be a tad too much for this ole desert boy,,,especially with his wife home alone. If your friend, Joe, had not shown up, Cheryl would of maybe been in very great danger,,one just never knows,,,,, Me,,I will always err to the side of safety cause you just never know.
  We live within a few hundred feet of a major highway, and when we bought the place,  there was not another house within a half mile of us and back then I thought that WAS a good thing but now I ain't so sure. Thru the years, we have had some travelers come to the house after dark needin to use the phone and back then with no cell phones sure did give you the heebee jeebees to let em in the house,,,but then soon as they seen the the butt of the 9MM in my pocket,,,THEN they got scared and left pretty quick,,!! I have several big game rifles, bout the same number of shotguns and 2 pistols. The pistols are in two different places where I could get to either of them pretty easy should the need ever arise.
 Have no idea if I could shoot a person,, and hope I never have to make that decision,,,,,ClapClap

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:24am
Since we're telling stories I have one. Got up to milk one morning and in the process of getting a cup of coffee a knock on the kitchen door got my attention! It was summer and who would be up besides a dairy farmer this early on a Sunday morning! I opened the door and a young man was smiling at me and asked to come in. I said no what do you want. He said he was cold and he didn't know where he was as he had been to a party with friends and they had left him. Immediately I was suspicious of his story mainly because of my neighbors always having parties and I noticed scratches on his face. I asked if he wanted me to call someone. He said yes a taxi! We don't have taxi service but I didn't tell him that! I decided then to call the State Police. The man asked again if he could come in and I replied I am calling you a ride just sit there on the porch and closed the door. I called the State Police and about 15 minutes later 2 troopers in a patrol car pulled in. The young man's head hung down as he knew he had been caught. One trooper took the man to the car and the other came to the porch to talk with me. Seems they were looking for the man as they had a report of an attempted rape in a home north of me and they had been talking to the woman when I called. The trooper asked if the man had tried to get in my house and I replied no that would have been his last mistake! I didn't tell the trooper but I had loaded my double barrel shotgun before I answered the door when I heard the guy knocking! The trooper thanked me and went back to the patrol car and drove off giving the guy his taxi ride!

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
DJ,  a little 9mm would be nice to carry compared to a big butt 44 rev. Like to someday get a little one to have handy near by.

Mark, That was an interesting story, or rather an interesting life's experience.

T-Bone, Many a year ago I was on my way home from helping my nephew cut down a tree and dig stumps out and I spied a damsel in distress. She was parked along the road with a flat tire and I stopped, asked her if she needed help changing her tire... no, no, she was alright, after she had locked her door...
 I asked if she had help coming to change it and she said she did, her husband.
Asked her how far from home was she... Very hesitant and finally said Luck.
Well, he's a good half hour or 45 minutes from here.  Let me change your tire and you can get going on your way and he doesn't have to drive all this way.
  Do you have a spare?  Yes... but but... he is coming.  Well, let me start changing the tire and when he gets here he can finish it then.   Some hemming and hawing and finally she said, 'ok' ... now where is the tire? --- in the back...
I look, yea, under a stack of kids clothes and had to move the boxes and bags to get to it. Now a jack was needed.. and no jack with the tire. She says on the floor, behind the seat. Which side? behind her. And she wasn't going to unlock the door....  Finally she scrunched up and turned around enough to unlock the one door and moved forward. Got the jack and wrench and changed the tire and put the jack and wheel in the back and closed the back door and I said, Your good to go. r-r-r-ZOOOM , and she was gone. No thank you or nothing. Well, I laughed at that and went on home... Walked into the house to clean up and standing in front of the sink and took a look in the mirror, and seen my face was full of dust and dirt and streaks of sweat had run down it and made it look scary.. and I laughed harder about the tire changing moment. No wonder she was scared.  I had wondered what she had told her husband ... a scary ugly ooger changed my tire... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 11:14am
Now your good and scary. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:01am
You guys just crack me up what with all these damsel in distress.  What AREN'T you telling us? LOL LOL LOL LOLLOLLOL

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:33am
Okay Ted, What are your stories on assisting damsels in distress that your not tellin us?  LOL

Here is a read for why... No I didn't read it, just posted the link to it.  LOL
12 Reasons Why Men Fall For Damsels In Distress

Read More: https://www.lovedignity.com/12-reasons-why-men-fall-for-damsels-in-distress/" rel="nofollow - https://www.lovedignity.com/12-reasons-why-men-fall-for-damsels-in-distress/

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:10am
JC you crack me up. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:39am
Chas, gotta have a little fun, this next to lay'n around ain't so intertaining... nor doin them gov. papers called taxes.   AAARGH! One thing I hate more than anything.
 It might be easier if they just asked 1. how much you made, how much you lost an last line send the rest in.Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:39am
Now your bumming me out. Wink  Get better soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 1:41pm
Yeah Elliott, he's bumming me out too now.  I haven't started my taxes either.  I dread it every year.

THEY should be giving all of us some money back out of the Democrats coffers.  They've wasted over 40 million of OUR dollars on stupidity.

As long as the only thing you're pushing now is a pencil JC, I won't holler at cha, I imagine Cheryl is doing enough for both of us.  You just keep followin orders and take care of yourself.  You don't have much time to get all healed up, spring is just around the corner.

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:08pm
Sorry there Chask and TJ...
 ... just think how bummed out I feel lookin at this...
An I can't escape the fact I gotta gets it done or
the EYE-ARE-A$$ will hunt me worthless butt down an
prolly throw it in jail  while the crazies run rampant in DC...
 Gots ta look on the bright side, it can't last for ever... LOL
And I gottsta have it done by Thursday.  Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 3:17am

Hey JC,,,,I just happened to notice during the 4th time I was studyin thet porcelin figurine,,,,,does thet "Stuff" around the "back" look like ,,,,um,,,,,do it look like um,,,,"stuff",,,,??LOL

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 3:21am

AW chit,,,JC,,I really meant to ask how you is gettin along with your recuperation seein as how ole Ted and TBone done come down to feed the cows, clean the barn(s), feed the chickies, shovel snow out the driveway,,,,,plus keep you occupied with games of chance,,,,,,Clap
 Them are two mighty fine friends to have close by,,,,ClapClap
 Are they supplyin the pizza too,,,???Clap

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:44am
JC your table looks like mine! Full of receipts! My dearly beloved has given me the order to get my taxes done!

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:39am
Jees, the things you miss when you don't check in for a week.
 JC, hope you are feelin better. Maybe you shouldn't be readin all this. Might make you laugh a time or two a split a gut Shocked
 Twice I have had a knock at the door around 1 am. Both times the guy was drunk and had wrecked a car. The first one was concerned that his car might be in the road, so I took him with and drove to look. His car was 120 yards out in the chisel plowed field west of my house, upside down facing back towards the road. Second one had gone off the curve in front of my house and ended up a 75 yards from his exit point up on the hill in my neighbors field.
 Both of them should have had the Sheriff called to escort them, but I let them call somebody to come get them. Both of them had to have their cars towed later, which did involve the Sheriff's department.
 Probably the closest to a lost life, was Jan. 19, 1985. I was watching the Iowa Hawkeyes basketball game, just go into triple overtime and the neighbor came knocking. He came in holding the side of his face, saying it felt like a frozen slab of bacon.
  He said he needed a ride, and a guy was stuck a half mile North, still in his car. The guy had walked to my folks house and wanted a ride to Cordova, Mom told him NO, cause the roads were closed with 3 foot drifts everywhere.He had been drinking a bit much, or he would have know better than to be out in that weather. Mom or Dad called my neighbor across the road, because he had a 4 wheel drive truck.
  Marv took his truck down to pull him out, and the guy opened his door just before clearing a snow drift. The door caught in the drift and pulled he car back in the ditch.
 Marv drove home to get his 4230 JD to pull him out. When he turned around to get lined up with the car, the fuel jelled up and the tractor died right in the middle of the blacktop.  Marv then walked to my house for help.  It was around 0 to 5 degrees and a windchill of 25 below.
 When we got to the car, it was sitting sideways, half way in the ditch, with the drivers door open a bit and the car was running. All the exhaust was going in the door, and it took me a good 5-6 minutes to get the guy awake, and get him to shut the car off. I think he was just minutes away from dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.
 He slept on a cot in the neighbors basement, the car and tractor stayed there till the next day, and he didn't even offer to pay the neighbor for having to tow his tractor back home.
 I don't know how the snowplow got by, but after the towtruck left, I saw the gouges in the blacktop where the wheel chocks dug in when they pulled the car out. I think it was scrapped, because it had melted into the snow, then froze in place overnight. I think the front steering gear was pretty messed up time it was out on the road.

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:41am
Mark, that sounds like Marching orders don't it.

DJ, that looks like a girl to me on the firemans back...
   And ta tell ye the truth, Haven't seen neither of them boys,  but ol' shameless made his presence known a few times around here... an created work instead of helping...
  On the other hand, it's nice knowing that if I juss holler, ole Ted and TBone, they will come runnin to help me out...
  But the nephew has been feedin the feed, and puttin the hay out and feedin the wood stove, and had made a few swipes through the yard to clear the snow... but I go gets the mail and sorta watch him work an open the gates, an carry some light stuff...  
 Otherwise I been entertaining myself with tryin to do them infernal taxes (AAARGH) lately and harrassin the boys on here and reading a book on Ben Franklin.
 Funny part was, first few days I had within 'easy' reach the old land line phone and my cell phone and another phone that had wifi capabilities on it that I could use to get on the net if I felt like it... None of em rang for me... except the nurse the next morning from the horsepital askin how I felt. Told her sore. LOL 
 And no Joe, no pizza or beer, or Black Label... an no more cake or cookies either. Thumbs Down

-------------

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:52am
I dislike doing taxes very much, and my pile of papers isn't a quarter of what's in that picture Shocked

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:09am

JC,,,!!  I can tell it is a girl on the fireman's back,,,I meant what looks like "something" is comin out,,,,,,"out the back",,,,,,LOLLOL

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:40am
I blew it up and I believe it is her hand covering her specialty, unless that is her hand down at his right side waist. One of her hands is between her knee and his elbow on his chest. He has one hand on her thigh and one on her heel. So if that is her hand on his right side waist, then that is some funky specialty she has going on there.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:55am
C. Tucker, thats quite the stories there.
 Never know what you might see in or experience in life... good thing these fellers weren't morgue material.
  Reminded me of a few years back, I was feeding hay late, in the dark when a fellow went flying by... and then it looked like he parked on the edge of the road... When I got done and drove back to the buildings, he was still there and realized he was not on the road. So I hopped in the truck and drove down and he was sitting in the car and doing nothing. He got out of the car and said he slipped off the curve...?  he was on the inside of the curve. Asked if he had help coming ... no, asked if I would pull him out. I looked and maybe I could but thought about it a little bit and I reached over the side and pulled out my scoop shovel and said, "Here, take the shovel and shovel all the snow out to the road... another fellow stopped and had a nice tow strap and we would use that instead of the chains I had... Kid got done shoveling and told him to hook the strap up to the vehicle... and I put the other end over the goose neck ball and drug him out. He offered to pay but we told him to put his money away and to just help some one else out that needs a hand.

Thinking back 40+ years ago, in the summer evening, we were in the house and heard a crash, like it was just outside the door and the electric went out.  I stepped out and tried finding where the noise had come from and what knocked the juice out... finally looked down the road and the power pole was sheared off... and a 68 Dodge Charger was sitting on the stump of it. Almost a quarter mile away. So walked down there and seen the skid marks start after the bridge... Bridge was high and people would go fast to get that 'lift' off of it. But this evening, the kid here was hurrying to get home preparing for a wedding in a few days. He normally would have been drunk... but wasn't this day, his bride to be had laid the law down to him in no certain terms that she would not even think of living her life with an alcoholic... So he was straightening up his act if he wanted to marry Lana. She was a really cute gal.   Anyways, when I got there, his first words were, Whew, sure glad I wasn't drinking... and then he said when he went over the bridge, the car just started veering off the road on it's own and he had tried to steer it back onto the road to no avail... and the car went right up the bank and hit the pole. If the car had just gone just 6 feet farther over, all ol' Dennis would have hit was our barbwire fence and had his car yet... I went up to it and looked underneath and seen a tie rod had popped out of the arm to the driver side wheel.  Evidently he had not tightened it sufficiently, nor put a cotter pin in.  He was going to get the car repainted the next day for the big occasion an their honeymoon.  He wanted a beer so bad that day but knew if he did have just one, it would change everything for him... Think he made a good choice, Lana married him and they're still together. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:14am
JC, get back to that table, we want to see you on this forum in the future. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:53am
Watch it there fellas, i might hafta put a towel on her.... despite her wearin undies...

Maybe How about these... to replace the other?

mmm, you notice ol Ted tried a diversion there and not tell some of his good stories...? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:23pm
LOLLOLLOL

Thanks for clearin that up for us curious people.
And the one with the blue hot pants, her specialty don't look anywhere  near as Funky. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:18pm
Nope, the stories about / on/ in the firehouse stay in the firehouse.
Well, alright,,,,,just this one time....

Had a call, 2:30 or so in the morning.  Got to the apartment house and the upstairs neighbor said that they had smoke coming up through the floor.  (they had the old time registers)  So we break open the little window on the back door and enter.  Yep, ALL kinds of smoke!  I asked my buddy what he thought the smell was and he says burnt pizza.  I asked him how he knew that,,,,,,,,,,but that's one of those stay in the firehouse stories......  Anyway, we turn the oven off and then go to open the front door and some windows to air it out, but when we get to the front living room, here is this doll, layin naked on the couch, passed out as cold as an ice cube.  Well, I stole a blanket off the bed and covered her up and then proceeded to open the front door and some windows.  Oh yeah, did I mention that this was in the middle of ole man winter?  Well, after we got the place aired out with the positive pressure fan, the house is now COLD and low and behold, she wakes up, freezing.  First thing she wants to know is if the pizza is done.  Then she sees us all in our gear and then wants to know who covered her up.  I bet I had the biggest grin on my face, cause she pointed right at me.  BOY was she drunk!!  You ever see a 16" pizza after it's been in the over for about an hour?  It very much resembles a discus..  But her ........ that's another one of those in the firehouse stories...

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:50pm
Your buddy had it right, sent you for the blanket while keepin an eye on her   um safety that's the word I'm lookin for.
Hey JC hope you are feeling much better and made your deadline with the yearly dreaded.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:49pm
Great news for the day... The TABLE IS EMPTY... I'M FREE, FREE AT LAST!!!!
Well till I get the call of, Your taxes are done.... and you o...   mmm Not going to think about that one for a few days.Stern Smile
  Well, got to town and grabbed the door handle... it had been working really good since I put a metal handle on instead of a plastic one... and it didn't want to open when I got to town. but it finally did... but stopped at the grocery store for some eats to take home, and it refused to work at all, of course the lectric windr refused to open either... Shameless's favorite type pick'em'up trucks... ferd...  thought maybe I should just go home, but somebody left me a grub list... so slid out the passenger side, that door werks great. So got that on the list to do when it warms up.Thumbs Down  Can I put the right door on the left side? LOL  

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Great news for the day... The TABLE IS EMPTY... I'M FREE, FREE AT LAST!!!!
Well till I get the call of, Your taxes are done.... and you o...   mmm Not going to think about that one for a few days.Stern Smile
  Well, got to town and grabbed the door handle... it had been working really good since I put a metal handle on instead of a plastic one... and it didn't want to open when I got to town. but it finally did... but stopped at the grocery store for some eats to take home, and it refused to work at all, of course the lectric windr refused to open either... Shameless's favorite type pick'em'up trucks... ferd...  thought maybe I should just go home, but somebody left me a grub list... so slid out the passenger side, that door werks great. So got that on the list to do when it warms up.Thumbs Down  Can I put the right door on the left side? LOL  

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:39am
JC I hope you’re feeling ok. Taxes make me ache without having surgery first.
Ok so when I was a young’en maybe 19 or 20. I gassed up my 650 Yamaha and headed for Colorado. I headed to my brothers first in Arapahoe for a visit. I was then to head to Lajunta(Joe knows where Lajunta is) to help dad with planting. I was beat down after a flat in Missouri and the 700 mile trip. I spent the weekend with my brother and his family and headed for Lajunta Sunday afternoon.
West of Arapahoe is no mans land. Nothing for miles and miles. I was near Wild Horse when I see a car on the side of the road. As I get closer I see a young lady and what appears to be a young boy. I pull over behind the car and stop. I couldn’t help noticing how pretty that girl was. She was pretty nervous of me. Finally she said she had a flat and no spare. She said she had been there over 3 hrs and no one stopped. I asked if she had a jack she said yes. Lug wrench she said yes.
I jacked up the car and removed the tire. I took all my stuff off the bike and tied the tire to the sissy bar and headed back to civilization. I had to replace the tire with a good used tire which was very cheap I believe $15.00
I gassed up and headed back to wild Horse. I put the tire on and put her things back in the car. I started towing my things back on the bike and she walked up and kissed me.
She said she was moving to Colorado for a job but didn’t have much extra cash and wondered if there was any other way she could repay me. I told her to just make it to her destination safe. The little boy gave me a big hug and got in the car. She walked behind my Motorcycle and said Arkansas??? I said yes. She said you mean we’ve been on the side of the road for 6 hrs now and the help is from a guy from Arkansas on a motorcycle? The then told me she was from Rogers Arkansas about 20 miles from me. I asked why she was so far from home? She never answered.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:19am
Thad, You are a good man. What I story.  Didn't get her name did you? Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:20am

Now,,,Thad,,I KNOW what the rest of them Yayhoos here is wonderin bout "The rest of the story",,,,but knowin you,,,it was just like you told it,,,,!!  I also know Chivalry ain't dead by a long shot,,,,some of us just approach it in different ways,,,,,,ClapClap
 UMMmm,,,,,great story,,,and yes I do remember where La Junta is,,,,only'ist place I ever spent a nite in jail,,,,but thas another story,,,,,LOLLOL

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Thad, You are a good man. What I story.  Didn't get her name did you? Wink
Uhh....Jen.....err.....something like that?LOL

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:09am
Well start another thread so's we can hear it!!  UNLESS,,,,,,,,,,it's one of them "stay in the house" stories?? Cry

How ya feeling today JC?  It's colder than a witches.......outside.  Had -15 here this am.  Shamers, send us some snow, cause that means it'll warm up. (usually).   NAW, forget it!  I gotta make a BIG trip up norte on Tuesday.   JC, I hope youse following orders and not doin nothin stuupid.....

Yeah, you can put that door on the other side, but then it's upside down and it don't close at all.  Oh, and you gotta do a little cuttin torch work on it.  What year is it?  I don't remember what year it was they went to them dang cheap plastic gears and such.  PITA!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:39pm
Good afternoon to you Ted, Glad u canceled that order with Shamerz... it is up to a warm 6 degrees and the sun shinin bright... almost need to go in disguise with them sunshades on...Cool   ...

How far nord are you going Ted, goin to tell the canutes to keep their cold up there? Like that idea.

Didn't think about flippin the 92 truck door upside down... just putting it on in a suicide door fashion... would that make it a arkincide ferd? LOL Shameless should really like it then, I think.Ermm Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:57pm
Don't feel too bad JC, I ripped the dang plastic handle off the GMC last winter.  Got it fixed about 8 months later.......worked it with the rods up until then, or left the window down in better weather!

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 3:40pm
Know what you mean Tbone, about those GM stupid plastic door handles!!  Had one go out on my 99 Buick Park Ave.  It's STILL got a lift lever sticking up next to the window glass.  I even bought a new handle about,,,,,,,,oh 10 years ago.

JC, I'm heading up to Minong to meet OldAC from Michigan up at Hendersons  Country Foods.  It's a stretch for me!!  Whist I knew somebody that was closer could pick up the wheels for me.  Then I could come up some other time when I HAD time...  TOO many sticks in the fire right now and I still have to get MY taxes done.  Mama hasn't started to nag YET....

Sure glad I'm not hearing any stories about chu doin something you're NOT supposed to be doing.  Say, what's Cheryl's phone #?  Then I can check with the boss and see if'n you're behavin! LOL

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 7:46pm
Klinemar and Ted,  did you guys get your taxes done yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 8:09pm
Not yet!

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:54pm
Nope, me either.  I'm procrastinating.  I wish I could print my own money like the Feds do.....life would be so much simpler.
How you doin JC?

-------------
"Allis-Express"

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:09pm
Gentlemen, you need to get them done, Remember, uncle sam is dependin on you for your support...  
 mmm, Bet I didn't need to say that did I...Ouch      LOL
  As fur me, haven't heard a word from my tax prep yet to see how bent over I will be.  Hate that thought.

-------------

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:32am
JC how ya gettin along. I hope well.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net