This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Curiosity Question on T-Boost Gauge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curiosity Question on T-Boost Gauge
    Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 5:00pm
Just curious if anyone has replaced their traction booster gauge on their AC tractor?  I have one that is non-working and the face has deteriorated.  Thinking I should replace it and wondering how difficult that is. I have read posts on here though that simply say just leave it alone.   Can the gauge simply be unscrewed from the front or is a wrench required to remove it from the back or something else?  Any hints and/or tips would be appreciated if you have time to share.  Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:12pm
IIRR, it has a clamp that removes from the back.  Also has a line full of oil to be dealt with, which has a nut and ferrule bushing to be removed. Can be done with a 1/4 drive socket set and a few small wrenches...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:56pm
I put a new one on my '63 D17 III and looks good and works. Not cheap though. As DIY said, remove oil line and there is a clamp on the backside. Kinda hard to reach but not terrible. Very little if any oil loss.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 10:39pm
Replaced mine on my series 1 D17 with a NOS gauge that I was fortunate to purchase. Beware of aftermarket gauges as many are NON WORKING gauges for show only. Try to find a good used one or a NOS gauge. Kind of a pain to change due to the confined area but not difficult. Be careful with wrenches near the amp gauge, disconnecting the battery is safest.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Jasonw View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 7:23am
I replaced mine on my D17 Series III with a nice used one. The aftermarket ones listed even as a 'working gauge' have been known to break the glass out with the oil pressure. I would try to find a original one if possible.
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 8:42am
AC720Man, the non functional gauges are pretty much gone.  I have not seen them for sale for several years
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic