This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Class on “Why won't my tractor run?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:13pm
Now that's a good one too Bobby!  Especially on the genny's.  SO many questions come on here time and time again.  Well there you go Bobby, a new career for YOU.  AFTER you learn everything your dad has in his noodle, You could travel around the country giving classes in each state.  Go to the center of each state and find a place where you could give a class to,,,,,,,,,,oh say,,,,,,200.
But you better hurry, because I can't make the April 27 class, but might get to the next one.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
I will try to answer some questions I have gotten like why not make videos,  this is a two part answer, I don't think that a video will show things like when a distributor shaft has to much wear to maintain a constant dwell or with the one on one the class asking the list of question's that will come up as we are covering something face to face but if it's in a video  the came question's might be sent in a PM or even worse might not ask someone all. The road show will cost way more for me to spent time looking for the right place to have it, the three+ days I will miss of work, cost for a fork lift to un-load and reload the teaching ad's that I can use in my shop.  I might do road shows someday but not at this time.          
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:08am
Just an up-date on the shop training tools, they are coming along and hope to have all of them ready by the first class on the 27th of this month. It's not to late to sign-up I will make room one or two more. (816) 914-0643
Thanks Don  
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:58pm
Great idea!  Dan.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 5:36pm
Six more days Intel the first class. It's time to get your name in the hat. lol
Don (816)914-0643  

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:20am
Here's a hint of some of the cut away tools we will be using for teaching this class. You can see all of them this Saturday at 8:AM.

Edited by Don(MO) - 22 Apr 2019 at 11:54am

Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
looks good Don! Can't wait till this weekend!
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
I really wish I could go!! If school didn't keep my hands tied, especially as the end of the semester approaches, I would definitely try to make it up there. 
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:01am
This is a reminder for the guys that are coming this Saturday that class will start at 8:AM and please bring your Allis Chalmers service manual to class, you might bring or just were work closes because we will be handing old tractor parts. I hope to have the test engine stand ready for this class.
Thanks Don   

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:54am
Don,
 The cut away units look very good! Hope you have a great first class!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:16am
After we had this class and with the positive response from this one we are going to have this class again. It will be held on Saturday the first day of June and will start like the last class at 7:AM to 5:PM central time. We have added more info. to cover some of the things I didn't have before, a little bit bigger and I hope better. And like the last time please let me know if you are coming or need more INFO about it.
Thanks Don Bradley
Don's Tractor Repair Inc.    

Edited by Don(MO) - 07 May 2019 at 9:54am

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:30am
Count me in, Don. Dan Hauter. 217-710-8056. dhauter45@gmail.com.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:58pm
I will take this class again Don unless you get too many .
Jump on this guys , Don and his son Bobby do a great job of presenting information. These opportunities do not come along often. Take advantage while it is available. Worth every penny and worth the time and effort . Hope to see a bunch of you guys sign up and absorb some of Don's expertise.
After 1 class I feel more confident in my attempts to repair the electric , fuel systems on my old tractors.

Thank you Don for taking on this endeavor.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:25pm
June 1st, dang. I expect I will start cutting hay in 2 to 3 weeks, so that's probably were I will be. Don't quit having them Don, I want to make one sooner or later.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

June 1st, dang. I expect I will start cutting hay in 2 to 3 weeks, so that's probably were I will be. Don't quit having them Don, I want to make one sooner or later.
For all that are putting off signing up for this class we will have this on the first of June and will start on new class's not teach "why won't my tractor run" before we have gone through all the new one's first, so it might be four months or more before we get back to  "why won't my tractor run" again. Now with all that said if we keep getting call's asking for it we might hold on the new one's for a-wile.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:57am
I see posts on here day by day looking for help on the very things I'm teaching class's on.  

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:53pm
You should do a 230 and 262 diesel class.  I would guess you get plenty of calls just on rebuilding them.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:52am
Hi Joel, I have been working on a class on gas engines but think  they will need to be two or even three days to teach right, the 230/262's may take way to long to go over, but if I get calls for them I will rethink a class on them.
I'm trying to let you guys tell me what you what class's on.

JaredC(WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:05am
I'd jump all over this if it were closer! You all that are able to attend are very fortunate.

An idea for a future class:

The most intimidating thing to me would be simply splitting a tractor. Sure not hard to do, but How to do it safely and with minimal equipment. No fancy machine shed or hoists, etc. How to block it up, Jack it up, support it with out squashing oneself or dumping/tipping the tractor. That sort of stuff.

Wish your show was on the road!

Jared
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:17am
Completely agree on scope,  just dont want to see the wealth of information lost to time....
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by JaredC(WI) JaredC(WI) wrote:

I'd jump all over this if it were closer! You all that are able to attend are very fortunate.

An idea for a future class:

The most intimidating thing to me would be simply splitting a tractor. Sure not hard to do, but How to do it safely and with minimal equipment. No fancy machine shed or hoists, etc. How to block it up, Jack it up, support it with out squashing oneself or dumping/tipping the tractor. That sort of stuff.

Wish your show was on the road!

Jared
I don't have a shop full of nice equipment, it all done with older stuff or home built but I only work on smaller tractor now so I don't need the bigger tools. I will add your good idea for shop safety to my list.  Thanks.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by CAL(KS) CAL(KS) wrote:

Completely agree on scope,  just dont want to see the wealth of information lost to time....
Like you I see the ability to repair this old stuff going away too, this is one more thing that got me thinking about doing the class's on them.  

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:00am
It's hard to see the posts looking for help on the very things this class go's over. 

garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:39am
Wow, I love the engine stands and setups Don. Looks great. I really should get over there and take this class. I have learned the hard way over the past... 10-15 years.
Walter(MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:28pm
Does the class start at 7:00 a.m. or 8:00 a.m?  Conflicting posts saying the times same as first class.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:17pm
Here's my take on Don's class. While I don't think I 'need' to take it I would if it were closer. What's not to like, hang out with like minded people all day and talk tractors, (orange tractors). I'm sure the class would help me with the electrical aspect of things. That's where I struggle most. I've had lots of training in my life, (hard to believe, I know) and you never know when you are going to pick something up that will help in the future.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Walter(MO) Walter(MO) wrote:

Does the class start at 7:00 a.m. or 8:00 a.m?  Conflicting posts saying the times same as first class.
The first class did start  at 8:AM that was held last month.
 but this next class we will be having on 6/1/2019 will start at 7:AM. 
I'm sorry for the mix-up on starting time.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:20pm
I'd like to bump this up with a reminder the class is 11 days away and to let you guys know don't think we will be teaching this class again before fall of this year, so please sign-up this week if are thinking about coming. Thanks Don. 

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:17pm
To all that have signed up for the class on the first of June, we missed the storms and the class is still going to happen.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 6:59pm
Very glad you missed the storms. See you June 1. Dan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic