This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bell housing blanket, shield.....????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studer automotive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bell housing blanket, shield.....????
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:07am
And ideas on a cost effective way to make something for my 185? It's a bone stock farm tractor except at some pulls it requires a safety shield , blanket safety cover of some sort for the flywheel. Any body got any pics? Was thinking a cobbling together some
Plates....
a-c 185-d y/r cab turbo soon
99 f-250 7.3 4x4
86 mustang5.0 owned since 8/93              
Sponsored Links

Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:19am
My opinion, if it's stock , make a shield, any blankets that you would get will be pretty difficult to use if you want to keep your fuel tank and brackets stock.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:05am
I don't know the current requirements. My Turbo CA has a blanket that was made by  "Chute Metal". It's wide enough to cover all the components of the clutch.  Early on the NTPA requirements were a 3/8" x 6" minimum 360 degrees surrounding the clutch. Any place that is was not solid metal and bolted together it must have at least three 3/8" grade 5 bolts per joint.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 12:04pm
You must be pulling at Wooster this weekend? I bought 2 blankets for my WC and took them back. I am going to fab a bracket to go completely around it. I do not need it pulling the 4mph, so screw it and them right now. Thanks to a dumb A$$ with a JD and a stock flywheel, things have gotten this way
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
studer automotive View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studer automotive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 11:12am
Exactly,I didn't do anything. I ran it the way it was. I'm looking at a decent pair of 18.4-34's on pressed steel tims this weekend. Short tire just kill that 185, it spins out way to easy at every pull.
a-c 185-d y/r cab turbo soon
99 f-250 7.3 4x4
86 mustang5.0 owned since 8/93              
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic