This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bear 20ft from porch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

IH tractors in the picture. Those  must be Allis Bears!

everything in my pics is allis....b, 5020, ca.
the farmall cub was hiding.
Smile

If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:08pm
I just thought,,,,,,,,,,you could be real neighborly and go out on the front(?) porch and sit down having a cup a joe and some toast all slathered with honey.  After a few seconds, just grab that cup a joe and go into the house.  That ole bear should come running down and (did I forget to mention,,,,you should have enough chairs for them to sit and enjoy) sit down and start enjoying the toast and honey.  NOW it's up to you,,,,,if you want them gone, you sneak out the back door to the tree and tie the dog there, then you go back into the house and then come out the front door banging pots and pans or shooting a shotgun and yelling,,,,,,,they'll git the hint....
I'd do that in a heart beat,,,,,,,,,,,cept I don't have a front porch,,,,,OR a front door....don't have a back porch either......  Don't have any black bears either....  Sure, somebody else gets to have ALL the fun!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
RonnieJones View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:56am
lol 
Problem is when you give them food it's burned in their mind. They return to the same spot about 10 times. If they don't find food of any kind they won't return. 
I love honey so I am not giving that up. Not even a lick
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:18am
i baby sat a black bear cub for a year until the owner could get a place built for him. both me and the old lady...ooooops…..i mean the loving wife hadv a blast with him! he'd ride in the front seat of the pickup with me where ever i went, he loved putting his paw out the wing window and waving it in the air. he also had a fascination about licking my ears. i found out how many people are afraid of bears! lol . he was almost better than a dog! they are very smart too. he loved Mountain Dew, and i'd get him to stand up, back up against my leg for balance, he'd hold the pop bottle in his paws by himself and tip it back to drink, he never spilled a drop! i could lead him anywhere if i forgot the leash with a cookie, he loved cookies! one day he got a sticker poked in one of his paws, he came to my wife for help. as she was pulling it out of his paw, it must have scared him and he clamped his mouth down on her hand, the teeth did puncher her skin and we thought we should go have it looked at by Doc. the cub was so embarrassed after he bit her he hid his head in under her arm. when the Doc asked her what happened? she told him and he just said "yeah sure"! lol had ALOT of fun with him. of course there were the busy bodies that made up stories that it was being mistreated and abused. the local Federal Game Warden was always in contact with us, and knew better of the complaints, he had to check on him once a week during his stay with us. he also knew how we take care of animals and said he never had to worry much.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:56am
 Why,,Good Buddy,,,that right there is a heck of a story and I have heard of others adopting wild animals and knowing how you and the Ms take in so many,,, does my heart good,,,!!!Clap I never had any wild animal pets,,,cause one must never forget they ARE wild and can revert pretty easily. I also read where they have really good memory and return to their adopted humans,,years after . Really moving to read that,Clap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:21pm
New nickname,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Papa Bear.....
"Allis-Express"
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:10am
Great story Shameless. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 6:44am
That would be fun to have hanging around in a non destructive way. I would totally adopt a bear and mountain lion. You would never have to worry about trespassers.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:44pm
As my old neighbor (she's dead now) would say,,,,,,,,,,,UFF DA!
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:50pm
there was one day, after the owner was able to take it to his home, he had it out exercising, and one day heard a scream outside, he went out and found a real nice shotgun laying on the ground by the corner of a shed, he figgered out that the hunter musta came face to face with his bear! lol we have many pics of the bear here, one is when he's in our kitchen and one of our cats come upstairs, we can tell what the cat is thinking as it's back is all hunched and it's tail frizzed! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:52pm
we could also see the wild in it as Joe says. our bear would leave anyone alone, unless they would run away, then he would give chase, but just wanted to play!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm
There was a bear at a boat loading dock at one of the campgrounds mom managed. It had gotten into someones boat. Well it somehow linked that when it walked to the back it rocked. So it made a game out of it. It rocked that boat for over an hour. Fish and game showed up and just watched laughing. 

I haven't seen her around since this post hopefully she is napping for the winter.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:30am
Think Ted needs an UFF-DA----  Wink LOL

[TUBE]r_vUgg2b8xQ[/TUBE]

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:25am
  Well,,,,I'll tell ya'll for sure,,,,we can always rely on ole JC to provide us with some educational documentations of the current subject especially of all them young and nubile,,,,,ummmmmm,,,chit,,I lost my train of thought,,,I'd best go back and study the video,,er,,the lesson a couple more times,,, Ya know to make sure I got it right before I go try to ,,,chit there I go off on a tangent again,,,,,,WinkWink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:37am
Yep, our babes have Rosie buns. Cool
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 9:08pm
I think a load of rock salt in maybe a 410 will sting enough to keep her away. If not you can use the three S's on her as a last resort. Shoot, shovel and shut up.

Edited by Stan IL&TN - 25 Mar 2021 at 9:10pm
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:11pm
A couple of my bear encounters.  I sure was gad that grizzly was slower than me!

I'm sure most of you guys are faster than this one!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Gary in da UP Gary in da UP wrote:

Black Bears are some good eatin' ,, I have some recipies I can share with you,

Hey Gary,,,,,I just do not know bout eatin bear meat,,,,, Years ago,,,one of my uncles had gone bear huntin and brought home a black bear,,They tried to eat it and gave up and brought it to our house,,? I remember my mother bein so glad to have some meat and started frying up some of that meat,,I remember it being very dark meat,,,and,,,and you talk bout TOUGH,,,you had to chew on that sob a long time and the longer you chewed,,the Bigger the piece of meat meat got,,!! finally had to slip that piece under the table to ole Fido,,,,Wink  Tried smaller and smaller chunks til finally gave up,,,chit even the dang dogs wouldn't eat it,,!!!!LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 4:04am
i've had bear meat and it was very good and really tender. i guess it's all in how it's cooked Joe? i do know it has to be cooked to a certain temp or for a long time as bear meat usually has parasites and worms in the meat that can transfer over to humans. 
Steve A View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 7:34am
get a few strings of firecrackers.
If she keeps going to the same tree hang a rag soaked in gear lube, diesel, or chlorine in the tree when she is down on the ground and away from it to discourage her.
DNR/Fish and Game will probably live trap them and move them for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic