This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B/C governor question what gives here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B/C governor question what gives here?
    Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 1:37am
just rebuild a B from different pieces, now throttle has only 2 positions, tickover,  open one snotch then is flat out, im missing something here but i cant think what............ can I have some advice please...

thanks in advance.............
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:02am
Sounds like the governor is not working.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:17am
Rather than type it over for the umpteenth time I will give you a link.

Cross Over Arm Adjustment

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ac&th=125547
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:37am
Be sure the thrust bearing is correct on the shaft
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:07am
  every thing is not adjusted  to specs  start over dave  throtle wide open     go to left side carb wide open  is linkage close to hole behind the fan  should slidein with everything wide open  if not bend to fit  my 2 cents
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 4:23pm
Either way Norm. The only way it would not work wide open is if the link from the cross over arm was not a proper match. In that case you would have a high RPM high or low depending on the length of the link. I have bought tractors with home made link rods. I also bought one that had a piece welded to the cross over arm.

In calling out setting in the idle position is showing that the governor at idle is not holding the the butterfly back against the butterfly stop screw.

norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 6:44pm
  go to a stock set up  try again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic