This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC disc. 10' parts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC disc. 10' parts.
    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 1:57pm
Bought me a new project last weekend. From the manuals I've been looking up it is a model 211 10' Disc. New tires/tubes and hydraulic hose this weekend so I can move it around. 8 blades per gang plus an extra small one on the back. I'll probably replace all blades. All bearings are good but one. I know it will be expensive but I'll just work on it a little at a time. Where will I find correct blades? I've been looking at shoups and I believe I found the correct notch blades I want on the front. Will need various other parts as well. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 2:08pm
Agri supply seems to have quite a few discs . Not sure if there's one close to you . Thanks
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 5:12pm
Blake,
 Congrats on the disc! The 45 is looking good! 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 5:17pm
I think we have a nos snap coupler hitch that your missing.
I like the tires on the tractor. Do you have any other toys for it.

Edited by Mikez - 27 Oct 2019 at 8:19pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 5:51pm
Blake,
I see you have the 13.6-28's How do they dig? Your sure have the old girl weighted up for workin!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 6:51pm
Chris, it use to have 14.9-28 Goodyear shortbar/long bar tires. The 13.6-28 Firestones pull way better. Still need a full set of front weights. Everybody seems to love seeing the weights when I take it somewhere.

Edited by 79fordblake - 27 Oct 2019 at 6:54pm
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 7:16pm
What the - GREEN LEAVES?!?!?! I LOVE KENTUCKY lol! Seriously though, I do. Only been a few places there but driving through the state, I loved every bit of it, and if I ever decide to leave New Yorkistan that's where I want to live.
Real nice pics!
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 7:30am
Blake,
 Thanks I may try the 13.6's on the WD-Z for some antique tractor pulls next spring! Weighted up like that it should pull the disk real well! Did you do the white lettering? Is the tractor going to get painted? I see you have some sheet metal primed.

Question for you folks using Allis cylinders for raising implements? Is this the same cylinder that is on the tractor??

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 28 Oct 2019 at 7:32am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:06am
Allis blades don't have as much cup in them as all replacements I've found. I put new ones on my "11 blade" disc many years ago and it doesn't cut worth a hoot. Because of the gang angle,they are borderline of running on the back side of leading edge.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by 79fordblake 79fordblake wrote:

Chris, it use to have 14.9-28 Goodyear shortbar/long bar tires. The 13.6-28 Firestones pull way better. Still need a full set of front weights. Everybody seems to love seeing the weights when I take it somewhere.

When I went to the Allis dealers open house, they showed movies from the Allis test center with the WD weighted with quite a few weights like you have. I put extra weights on the land wheel for plowing.

Edited by nella(Pa) - 28 Oct 2019 at 10:44am
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by 79fordblake 79fordblake wrote:

All bearings are good but one. Thanks for any help.

My father had an AC disk in the 1950ies but it wasn't a transport and it had greaseable oak blocks for the disk shaft  bearings, and never wore out.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:05pm
I for sure want to find the correct blades. I don't see the point in fixing it up without them. I want this thing to be nice. I'm sure it will take some time.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:11pm
Chris, yes I did the white lettering. Yes it will get painted eventually. Completely overhauled engine with NOS parts roughly 3 years ago. May have 10hrs on it. New tires all the way around. Have $2,000 worth of NOS final drive parts laying in the little room waiting to be installed. This was my Grandpa's tractor. Crazy how much money you can spend on a tractor that wasn't even in bad shape when you started.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:24pm
Been tinkering with disc some. Got one gang on front apart. It appears none of the blades were original. Tightened and packed the wheel bearings today.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:54pm
79fordblake,
 Ok I have to ask about the 79 Ford too. Must be important or it would not be in your handle? We had one new in 79 when our youngest girl was born. It was a 2WD super cab in Jade green. I just seen a 1979 4WD single cab in jade green on the interweb. For some odd reason I would like to have one like that from 75 thru 79. (do you have pictures?)

Anyway back to reality. Yes these tractors can suck up the time and the dollars. But you have a family tractor = Priceless!
Isnt it funny how these new old projects grab ahold of you and make tou work on them! The disc will look good. Yes check Agri-fab. I seen a lot of disks in there catalog a while back.

Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 2:07pm
Chris I have been driving Fords since the start. My first vehicle was a 1979 F150 that my dad gave me when I turned 16. I still have it and drive it, I'll be 30 in Jan. I've also had a 73 F100, 75 F100, 78 Bronco, (2) 79 Broncos, 1992 F150. I currently have the 79 F150( will always have that) 97 F350 Powerstroke, and a 2015 Escape.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 5:37pm
Blake,
 A Ford guy! Cant be that bad! I am only 37 years older and remember and drove them when new! I haven't had any thing but Ford trucks since 1974. They have their issues just like anything mechanical. I like my 2015 F250.

Regards,
 Chris
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 7:16pm
I have had some success using a grease needle on those Ballpak bearings helping extend their life. Just saying
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

I have had some success using a grease needle on those Ballpak bearings helping extend their life. Just saying

That is very good advice. I have a heavy duty IH disc that has sealed bearings and no grease fittings. I can drill a very small hole in the steel seal shield. Pump grease in with a needle point,cover hole with silicone gasket maker in the evening back to discing in the morning.  I don't know a thing about the AC ballpak bearing except expensive and hard to find. So may not work as well on the AC, but on mine I use my hand to feel if any are warmer than the rest. Warm ones get greased,much less work than changing.
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:14pm
I Rebuilt Them I Use Two Triple Sealed Brgs
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 6:04pm
Received both of these NOS blades from Sandy Lake today. Now I'll know for sure exact measurements I'm looking for to get replacement blades(there wasnt enough NOS for a set).

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 7:41pm
Removed hitch and had a buddy of mine weld up the wore out holes and redrill them. Also came across 3 NOS bearings. I took one old one apart today. Bearing feels good but sounds dry. Hopefully I can get some grease in it and put it back in. Also bought a big bag of bolts and nuts from Rural King over the weekend lol.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:06pm
Blake there was a purpose for that small disc on the back gangs. It's to level the ground back, that the inside disc next to it made if you didn't have the little on on the back gang. I wonder what in the world the previous owner was doing with it to tear those front discs up like that? Anyway, it's looking good and will be better when finished.     Leon
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 10:00pm
I would have the bal pac bearing. Also all kinds of disc parts.Call 785-353-2392
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:29pm
Not much progress today cost myself money mostly. Found 2 NOS bearings by theirselves online. I pushed one into a shell today. The WD wheel felts like in another post would not work for me and I ordered 4($31).I greased them up good and finally got them in. It made everything so tight I couldn't turn the side bushings with it in a vice using vice gripes to try and turn it. Took those back out filled void full of grease and installed the outer seals. I've never had a proper seal driver and never had a problem installing seals until today. I bought 6 seals I ruined 4 of them(and they ain't to cheap).

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:40pm
Buy some cut offs of pvc pipe at HD, as many sizes as they have.  They usually have some cut to a couple feet.  Cut a piece off for whatever size seal you are driving and you have a bunch of spare seal drivers left over.  It's hard to mess up a seal with a plastic pipe.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:44pm
Good idea. I'll look around this weekend for some. I also got the other front gang apart today. 2 locked up bearings....ugh. I'm already in this disc over 1,000.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 10:26pm
yeah Blake, it doesn't take long to get in the wallet.  But it's a labor of love and priceless.
There is a thread on building the bearings, but it's not OEM.  It's worth the watch though.  LOTS of pics if I remember right.
Looking good though!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:23am
Well I have both front gangs back together finally. New blades, bolts, 4 new bearings.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:27am
It was a mess when I first brought it home.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic