This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000 torque tube question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000 torque tube question
    Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:58pm
Does anyone know how much wider and heavier the 7000 torque tube is than the 190 tube?   And does it have more clutch room? Looking to install profab or Atlas trans inside it.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:21am
It is longer front to rear in the area of the triple clutch pack. Diameter is about the same as the clutch discs are the same p/n. How much weight?? I have no idea. Not a lot. Less than 200 lbs for sure on a bare housing. A 7000 torque tube does NOT bolt up to a 190/200 rear end as it is. Get a split gasket and you'll see what I mean.
jeremyroff View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:04am
Thanks Man... thats what I was wondering... My son wants to start building a tractor and I figured we should try to do all the improvements and upgrades that didn't get done on mine. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:30am
What weight classes and HP level are you going to be in for a Pro-Fab transmission ??
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:24pm
Seen the SCS 3 speed gear boxes in the 180-190 housing. I talked to the owner of the one I seen and a tube chassis is recommended. The housing is cut up pretty good. Everything but the rearend is dry
jeremyroff View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:11pm
Not much... Eventualy would like to see what mine has or maybe a little more. LLSS

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic