This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

# 7 sickle mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARBY54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: # 7 sickle mower
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 12:46pm
wondering if there is parts still available for these mowers thanks
Sponsored Links

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:17pm
Post your list here, there should be parts out here for you.
WARBY54 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARBY54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 2:15pm
i need a new cutting bar and 2 bearings in the twin drive. does agco sell these? thanks

Racn911 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racn911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 2:19pm
I got a bar section (first one)  for mine a few months ago from a Agco dealer.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 6:28pm
Last I knew Valu-Bilt has a complete new sickle available for the #7. They should have the guards too.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Flint23 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 2:36am
Take the bearing out and take them to your nearest bearing dealer..the  smaller ones are a little salty. save you from sticker shock..
been there done that, not doing it again...
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:12am
Those  little bearings for the crossbar are pretty unique and expensive.
 Someone on this site put me on to this outfit a few years ago.
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
I ordered the KP-8 bearings and they were a perfect fit.
About $32.00 apiece.

Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:41am
I have no 7 parts. Lots of them. 785-353-2392
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:55am
I believe sickles are only available in the later head that was common to the late 7, 80 and 82. If you have the early one (like I have) you will have to replace the adapter that drives the sickle for $90 or reuse the head.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
Chris, how do you know what you have? I have a #7 and a new sickle still in the box (bought it several years ago). I haven't compared them yet. I've never been able to find any sort of serial number on the mower either.
Brian G, do you happen to know the number for the bigger bearings in the connecting rods?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 3:52pm
Attached is a picture from the manual showing the serial number location (101). It looks like most of the changes happened at serial# 10601. The parts book doesn't confirm that the change from the smooth faced bushing to the serrated bushing for the knife heads started then.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
Brian, The big bearing is fairly common; Fafnir 304NPP or Bower 304DD.

Chris, the gearbox on the #7 has only one bracket (set of ears) for the lift.
Some of the later gearboxes have two so it could be used on different models like
the 80S and 82S mowers.
I used a #7 gearbox on my 82S but I had to devise my own bracket for the lift
arm to attach to.
The #7 I used for parts had the serated bushing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic