This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

611 hydro belt help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr_fx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 611 hydro belt help
    Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:44pm
I'm having trouble finding a deck belt for my 611 hydro. The old one shredded so it is of no help. The sticker under the hood says it is a 2087732 which is a 78 inch belt. It so happens that is what my 919 and 917 take to run the deck so I tried it. It is a mile too long. I have a manual and it is routed right. I went to Napa and got a 70 inch one and it is still too long. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this. If not I will keep getting shorter ones till it works. It's just a pain to drive 16 miles round trip to Napa. Thanks fellows
Sponsored Links

Gary in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 3:45am
My book calls for part #71670835-9
cbr_fx4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr_fx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 7:44am
I looked it up and that is a 78.5 inch belt so I don't think that's it either.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 8:33am
Are you sure you're routing the belt correctly? Maybe the routing of the belt differs from the pic in your manual. Two belts coming up within a 1/2" of one another seems to be awful coincidental. Better double check. Some of the belts in some of these applications route all Kookie. No wonder that shred after a while....  LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 7:48pm
I am having the same problem. I bought the belt that it calls for and it's way to big.
cbr_fx4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr_fx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 9:22pm
Well I did figure out that it goes on different than my book says, might be because mine is a deutz book. But the one it calls for is still a mile too long. I put a 68 inch one on that I had and it works but is too tight and the mower won't disengage. I still have the 70 inch and will try routing that right and it should be about right.

Edited by cbr_fx4 - 11 Jun 2016 at 9:31pm
cbr_fx4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr_fx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 8:06am
I figured it out a 70 inch works great I won't forget this anytime soon if anyone else has trouble.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 1:42pm
Hi Let me go out to shop and get the number I used

Rod in MN
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 10:18am
HI  The Simplicity part number I found is 1670835sm. That's one I use

I'm working on restoring a AC 611 LTD Hydro right now got it all clean and primed got some orange on now working on putting it back to gather
Just finishing up a 611LTD 5 speed  just need to wet sand and buff the hood out then put hood decals on and put mower deck on and Done

I'm Looking for a 611 LTD 3 speed close to central Minn.  Then I would have all 3 of that model
Thanks
Rod in MN
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 11:48am
Rod where do you get decals for the 611 Ltd 5spd? Mine are faded but the paint is like new.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 9:54pm
HI, ac89, I had all of mine made at a local sing shop that has been maintaining a proof folder for all they have duplicated for me and others.

Rod
ac89 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 7:30am
OK thanks I'll check with my local sign shop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic