This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

226 overbore sleves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 226 overbore sleves
    Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:21pm
I have a couple sets of sleves made up to sell.  They are made to light press fit in a W 201 -226 block with no o-ring. 

I typically put the block in my blast cabinet and blast it clean, but if you don't have access to a blaster, clean the top and bottom counterbores.  Put a little sleve retainer around the bottom counterbore and knock the sleves in.  I put an inch or so of a fiber block filler with for extra insurance that the water will stay where it is supposed to. The fiber filler isn't hard on tooling if the block gets bored in the future.  One could bore the sleve out, or heat it and drive them back out. 

Once installed the sleves need to be bored, honed and the block decked.  Usually 4.25 to 4.28 bore.  Lots of automotive application pistons available in these bore sizes depending on your rod and crank combo.

Set 1 is made from nice take out 426 Allis liners, 4.25 bore without much wear, I think with instalation and honeing, one could run a 4.25 piston. $250 shipped

Set 2 is made from some worn 404 Deere liners, 4.25 bore and would need to be bored to 4.265 or larger to clean up. $200 shipped.

I'll send some fiber block filler with them.

The bottom counterbore in the Allis block is 4.475" so one could go to a 4.3 bore depending on how thin you want the sleve hanging in the crankcase.

Marty 715-790-1869
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:36pm
Run a bead of weld up the sleeve. Sleeve will do as any metal does when welded and draw. Making interference fitted sleeves easier to remove when needing replaced. If the interference is correct and the block and sleeves have been through heat cycles to draw the slewve to what it would be at operating temperatures and decked. Then the sleeve shouldnt need any thing but the interference fit to hold water in the block. The. Block filler isnt designed to stop leaks its designed to give rigidity to the block.jmho
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:30pm
For those of you with common sense, and measureing skills, you could measure the bottom counterbores and find that they are never the same.  They didn't have to be as the O-rings took care of it.  Then add years of soaking in crud and corrosion and you'll find it's impossiable to make a sleve to press fit perfectly in them.  To much pressure and the block splits, to little and they leak.  Make them a light press fit, put a little sleve retainer on the bottoms with everything cleaned up and you have a good seal.

Grout based block fillers will wick water, I hate them.

Fiber based are 100% water tight.  The block filler I use on everything is RocBlok from Competition Products in Oshkosh Wi.  They claim it to be 100% water tight and that's what I've found.  I love this stuff, it doesn;t hurt tooling when cutting into it, it's light and verry high temperature resistance.  I've got filled cylinder heads holding up to exhaust temperatures against the stuff. I've got cylinder heads half full of the stuff and circulating water on top to cool while the port is cut through into the filler below.  It's a good way to get around the constraints of original castings when porting and keep some water circulating.  It's cheap at about $50 per 25 pounds.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:32pm
Set 2 is sold

thank you
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
If they are never the same then the sleeve would need to be sized to the individual bore or the bore bored to be 2 thou smaller than the individual sleeve. If we were using common sense your two sets wouldnt have sold.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Run a bead of weld up the sleeve. Sleeve will do as any metal does when welded and draw. Making interference fitted sleeves easier to remove when needing replaced. If the interference is correct and the block and sleeves have been through heat cycles to draw the slewve to what it would be at operating temperatures and decked. Then the sleeve shouldnt need any thing but the interference fit to hold water in the block. The. Block filler isnt designed to stop leaks its designed to give rigidity to the block.jmho

That's a line of bull $***. Welding is alright on a dry sleve, the block is strong and supports the whole sleve. The AC wet sleve block is likely to break with that much concentrated heat.

It looks like that block filler is water tight. Pankey's stories are the only thing leaking here. Do some research and shut up.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:03pm
Nope it dont break the block. Trying to drive them out witbout shrinking them creates greater stress than shrinking the sleeve by welding a bead up them does.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

For those of you with common sense, and measureing skills, you could measure the bottom counterbores and find that they are never the same.  They didn't have to be as the O-rings took care of it. 

That sure leaves out the TVA nuclear mechanic

And for the pankster, tolerances cost money, the closer they are the more they cost. Allis didn't need to hold a close tolerance on the bottom bore because as stated, it has an O-RING OH never mind, you wouldn't be able to figure it out anywayWacko

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 5:36pm
If i had watch martys wc steam engine pulls that. he posted on you tube .i would run from his sleeves and sleeve instalations. They is enough steam out the exhaust pipe at the end of the dieing runs to blow a train whistle.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm
 Charlie, Your portrait of homer panky is priceless, .... but now now I have to blow my nose, and clean the Miller Hi-Life from my keyboard and desk..........
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 5:50pm

If i had watch martys wc steam engine pulls that. he posted on you tube .i would run from his sleeves and sleeve instalations. They is enough steam out the exhaust pipe at the end of the dieing runs to blow a train whistle.

So if his sleeve leaked, the coolant ran down in the oil and boiled out the exhaust? Confused You're just too much Homer, I mean Spanky.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 6:28pm
D'OH!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 6:50pm
i think he will try to tell you it was the moroso crankcase scavenger fixed in the exhaust . but i ran them on a rear engine dragster with the headrs straight over the slicks and never oiled or wet the slicks from running them .
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:06pm
You think the oil got hot enough to steam the water in 330 feet? Of course if you were paying that close of attention you'd hear the announcer say he only needed to go 270 to win.

Where's your video pankey?
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:11pm
Winning by 60 feet is like looseing by 100 feet, it seperates someone from the pack. Wi can win by 60 while pankey looses by 100. We have now seen evidence by video and records from both these guys on this forum. Wi winning by a long distance and pankey looseing by a much longer distance.

Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Winning by 60 feet is like looseing by 100 feet, it seperates someone from the pack. Wi can win by 60 while pankey looses by 100. We have now seen evidence by video and records from both these guys on this forum. Wi winning by a long distance and pankey looseing by a much longer distance.

But, Rod We all know Spunky can't add an subtract. Look up a few posts... Measuring skills, important while building an engine and pulling the sled :) 

Edited by Ihateillinoisnazis - 27 Feb 2013 at 9:19pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:45am
i just heard the anouncer say he had water issues . that dont say much about the competition in the area if you can beat them with a blown head gasket but then again if martys doing all the engines of the competitors then they probably have more stuff wrong than he does.

Edited by mlpankey - 28 Feb 2013 at 9:47am
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:30am
What do you edit in your posts Panks? I bet it's over fifty percent that you edit. I bet you take all the periods out. 
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:38am
you guys need to play nice with my boss
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 11:04am
$hit runs downhill. If he's your boss, whats that make you? I bet they think the same of Pank at your job as everyone else thinks of him on here. I highly doubt he's your boss. I would believe that you work with him, and Probably don't like him either.

Edited by unstylish_ - 28 Feb 2013 at 11:05am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:06pm
He is better than you unstylish.he can figure out when someones selling wornout sleeves from one engine as good sleeves for another.
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:35pm
he is a well respected forman here at work i enjoy working for him. he is more than fair and has a great working knowlage of the nuclear plant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:55pm
Hahah spunky found some dumb snail under the rock which he lives to post good things about him.

Spunk? How is selling sleeves machined to fit one block an different than using international pistons in an Allis?

You're just too damn jealous you don't have the mechanical ability or creativity to build anything worth a damn or come up some new functional way to get a job done.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm
I was talking with a fellow engine builder yesterday and he said that i and wi shoul get together as a team we could build a heck of a allis cause he knew i could keep the water in the radiator and out of the exhaust . he said wi just was wanting to coin the allis building market and i was in his way and that the way to get rid of me was taking pot shots with his flunkys . I replied I dont play with snotty nosed kids . he said to bad for wi .  

Edited by mlpankey - 28 Feb 2013 at 1:20pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:30pm

I was talking with a fellow engine builder yesterday and he said that i and wi shoul get together as a team we could build a heck of a allis cause he knew i could keep the water in the radiator and out of the exhaust . he said wi just was wanting to coin the allis building market and i was in his way and that the way to get rid of me was taking pot shots with his flunkys . I replied I dont play with snotty nosed kids . he said to bad for wi .  

Yeah yeah I'm sure that's exactly how that convo went.... How can you say "fellow engine builder" that means you would have to be an engine builder. You're an engine destroyer.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:18pm
Your not pushing the envelope if your not finding the stress thresholds.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:36pm
Mitch the only envelope you ever pushed was sanity and self respect. You sound like nothing more than a typical largemouth union whore who thinks he knows something. I've seen your type. There is no arguing with a person who lies to himself, especially as much as you must. You've lost the battle, every time. Somewhere inside you must realize that. Does it bother you just a wee bit, that you make yourself out to look like a fool? Well as your ego increases, it must. Bouchard, I think you are a fake. You obviously don't know much if you side with Pank. But then again, I'm sure no one is surprised .
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:01am
Pankey's to dumb to rember one of his old arguments and lies once again. If he had any intelligence he'd rember that wi told him it couldn't be the head gasket leaking because there's no water in that engine block and the head is plugged so there's no water at the face of the head.

No supprise the idiot can't even keep his lies and arguments straight. Don't you rember seing the pictures? You should because you wasted several days getting your a$S kicked around in that argument too.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Pankey's to dumb to rember one of his old arguments and lies once again. If he had any intelligence he'd rember that wi told him it couldn't be the head gasket leaking because there's no water in that engine block and the head is plugged so there's no water at the face of the head.

No supprise the idiot can't even keep his lies and arguments straight. Don't you rember seing the pictures? You should because you wasted several days getting your a$S kicked around in that argument too.
  having all that compression in the crankcase to blow enough oil into the exhaust to cool the exhaust to blow white smoke isnt good either.  blow by is never a good thing
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:48am
The only blow by here is you spunky.   ... Or is that blowhard? Either way...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic