This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


WHO besides Adobe Acrobat,,,,??

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013
Location: New mexico
Points: 13946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO besides Adobe Acrobat,,,,??
    Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 5:30am
 I used to have the "free" version of Adobe Acrobat for years and only used it to make copies of receipts or letters. That came to a screeching Stop when I "HAD to upgrade" to Windows 11,,,!! I'm thinking I beeeched about this issue here before but never got it resolved, so I am again at a point where I need to get something else to make copies. 
 I did try many times to restart the old version but it no longer available even applying for the $24/month version since I could not get passed adobe's many safeguards as they INSIST for me to use my old Email AND password to access adobe,,,?? WHO in the Haides remembers chit from 15 years ago,,,??SHEEEEZE,,,!!! 
 What other service do others use,,,??
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Points: 12503
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:02am
At work we switched from Adobe to Foxit. I have no idea about cost or ongoing costs though. I believe we switched for security reasons and other pains such as you mention.
Back to Top
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013
Location: New mexico
Points: 13946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:38am
 Hey TBone,,,it GOOD to hear from you,,,my Friend!!!!Clap
 You know,,,I had been rocking along enjoying my PC all thoise years with that old timer,, Win10 and then almost before I knew it MS had changed everything by insisting I upgrade to win11. Then when I "kindly" informed ms that I wanted to wait til later I started to get all kinds of popups mostly from all the,,,,"get this" all the anti pop up vendors in the world,,,,,! Them AH's sure know how to hurt a guy don't they,,,?Wink
 After lots of internet browsing,,I see where there is actually a method I might could use right in win11 by pressing Ctrl+P and choosing "MS Print to PDF" then Print,,,But I aint got it to work after many tries last night,,,,Angry
 
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: illinois
Points: 93188
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:46am
this is what Google AI says............

Using Windows Print to PDF
If you have another type of document and want to save it as a PDF to print later, you can use the built-in Windows feature. [1]
  1. Open the document or webpage you want to save.
  2. Press Ctrl + P to open the print menu.
  3. From the list of printers, select Microsoft Print to PDF.
  4. Click Print. Choose a file name and save location, then click Save. [1, 2, 3]
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Back to Top
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013
Location: New mexico
Points: 13946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 11:44am
 Hey Steve,,,what I was wanting to do is just print a "return Shipping Label" from Amazon to send back some items that had issues,,,? It seems I had several items to return  so,,,,,,
  What I wound up doing is take a pic of the return label  w/ my IPhone, then go to the UPS place and they would print a label off my phone pics and charge me $2 and  everyone was Fat, dumb and happy,,,,,,LOL
 I did try that method from MS last night several times and for some reason I could not get passed the screen that wanted a name for the doc before save,,,,guess I just wasn't holding my mouth just right,,,,LOL tried several different doc names but NO Go
  I went ahead and bought a new printer earlier as I've had this HP for art least 20 years and thinkin something maybe not right with it's innards,,,,?  Besides the ink cartridges are now more than double the price and they dont last very long 
 I'ma try that MS procedure some more in a bit,,and then gonna look into TBone's suggestion . Thanks for ya'll's  help,,,,Clap
Back to Top
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013
Location: New mexico
Points: 13946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 11:13pm
 Well,,I struck out on getting the danged printer past the screen that wants a name for the document and before "save"  then Ctrl + P,,,,, and it just goes back to the page that wants a document name,,,,??? wait a minute,,I have not tried,,,azzhole1,,,,Confused
Back to Top
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2013
Location: New mexico
Points: 13946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2026 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

this is what Google AI says............

Using Windows Print to PDF
If you have another type of document and want to save it as a PDF to print later, you can use the built-in Windows feature. [1]
  1. Open the document or webpage you want to save.
  2. Press Ctrl + P to open the print menu.
  3. From the list of printers, select Microsoft Print to PDF.
  4. Click Print. Choose a file name and save location, then click Save. [1, 2, 3]

 I have tried and tried and tried many times to do exactly as this but I just cannot find a file name that it will accept and go ahead and print the dang thing,,,!!  It will just go right back to the page that wants a file name,,,,WTF,,,??
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.083 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum