Print Page | Close Window

WHO besides Adobe Acrobat,,,,??

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211444
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2026 at 3:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: WHO besides Adobe Acrobat,,,,??
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: WHO besides Adobe Acrobat,,,,??
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 5:30am
 I used to have the "free" version of Adobe Acrobat for years and only used it to make copies of receipts or letters. That came to a screeching Stop when I "HAD to upgrade" to Windows 11,,,!! I'm thinking I beeeched about this issue here before but never got it resolved, so I am again at a point where I need to get something else to make copies. 
 I did try many times to restart the old version but it no longer available even applying for the $24/month version since I could not get passed adobe's many safeguards as they INSIST for me to use my old Email AND password to access adobe,,,?? WHO in the Haides remembers chit from 15 years ago,,,??SHEEEEZE,,,!!! 
 What other service do others use,,,??



Replies:
Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:02am
At work we switched from Adobe to Foxit. I have no idea about cost or ongoing costs though. I believe we switched for security reasons and other pains such as you mention.


Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:38am
 Hey TBone,,,it GOOD to hear from you,,,my Friend!!!!Clap
 You know,,,I had been rocking along enjoying my PC all thoise years with that old timer,, Win10 and then almost before I knew it MS had changed everything by insisting I upgrade to win11. Then when I "kindly" informed ms that I wanted to wait til later I started to get all kinds of popups mostly from all the,,,,"get this" all the anti pop up vendors in the world,,,,,! Them AH's sure know how to hurt a guy don't they,,,?Wink
 After lots of internet browsing,,I see where there is actually a method I might could use right in win11 by pressing Ctrl+P and choosing "MS Print to PDF" then Print,,,But I aint got it to work after many tries last night,,,,Angry
 


Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 8:46am
this is what Google AI says............

Using Windows Print to PDF
If you have another type of document and want to save it as a PDF to print later, you can use the built-in Windows feature. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKnlWWPUaU&t=9" rel="nofollow - 1 ]
  1. Open the document or webpage you want to save.
  2. Press Ctrl + P to open the print menu.
  3. From the list of printers, select Microsoft Print to PDF.
  4. Click Print. Choose a file name and save location, then click Save. [ https://www.win11pdf.com/print-from-windows-reader.html" rel="nofollow - 1 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKnlWWPUaU&t=9" rel="nofollow - 2 , https://smallpdf.com/blog/pdf-printer" rel="nofollow - 3 ]


-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.


Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 11:44am
 Hey Steve,,,what I was wanting to do is just print a "return Shipping Label" from Amazon to send back some items that had issues,,,? It seems I had several items to return  so,,,,,,
  What I wound up doing is take a pic of the return label  w/ my IPhone, then go to the UPS place and they would print a label off my phone pics and charge me $2 and  everyone was Fat, dumb and happy,,,,,,LOL
 I did try that method from MS last night several times and for some reason I could not get passed the screen that wanted a name for the doc before save,,,,guess I just wasn't holding my mouth just right,,,,LOL tried several different doc names but NO Go
  I went ahead and bought a new printer earlier as I've had this HP for art least 20 years and thinkin something maybe not right with it's innards,,,,?  Besides the ink cartridges are now more than double the price and they dont last very long 
 I'ma try that MS procedure some more in a bit,,and then gonna look into TBone's suggestion . Thanks for ya'll's  help,,,,Clap


Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 11:13pm
 Well,,I struck out on getting the danged printer past the screen that wants a name for the document and before "save"  then Ctrl + P,,,,, and it just goes back to the page that wants a document name,,,,??? wait a minute,,I have not tried,,,azzhole1,,,,Confused


Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2026 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

this is what Google AI says............

Using Windows Print to PDF
If you have another type of document and want to save it as a PDF to print later, you can use the built-in Windows feature. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKnlWWPUaU&t=9" rel="nofollow - 1 ]
  1. Open the document or webpage you want to save.
  2. Press Ctrl + P to open the print menu.
  3. From the list of printers, select Microsoft Print to PDF.
  4. Click Print. Choose a file name and save location, then click Save. [ https://www.win11pdf.com/print-from-windows-reader.html" rel="nofollow - 1 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKnlWWPUaU&t=9" rel="nofollow - 2 , https://smallpdf.com/blog/pdf-printer" rel="nofollow - 3 ]

 I have tried and tried and tried many times to do exactly as this but I just cannot find a file name that it will accept and go ahead and print the dang thing,,,!!  It will just go right back to the page that wants a file name,,,,WTF,,,??



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net