This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 7060 Power Shift Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:16am
Inching spool, Not nicking spool.      MACK
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:13am
The cable only adjust R-6. If linkage moves nicking spool all the way in and out (with space between spool and lever when out) it is adjusted. With cold oil, it may take a few seconds to stop rotation of clutch housings.               MACK
tthams View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:56am
I agree 100% with not using the transmission brake to stop the tractor. I am asking for trouble. I am 42 years old and grew up with only Power Director transmissions. Pushing the clutch to the floor was very common.

I bought a service manual to learn about adjusting the cables and linkage. With the engine warm, it seemed like the moment you pushed the clutch 1/4 the transmission brake would engage.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 11:15pm
Don't use the transmission brake to stop the tractor. Push clutch down to brake then use foot brake to stop tractor. Transmission brake is only to stop transmission to put in gear.   MACK
tthams View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:50pm
Hey everyone,

I am new to running the family since my Dad recently passed away. I recently bought my first ever tractor. I grew up with Allis on the Family farm, so I decided to stick with what I knew. I purchased an Allis 7060 with PowerShift. It is a brown belly, just painted black. I love the tractor. I recently used it yesterday for the first full day. 

When I test drove the tractor for an hour the high/low would not slip into gear with the clutch depressed. I would have to kill the fuel to put it into gear. Once in gear, if I didn't let off the clutch I could always shift between high/low. I figured it was an adjustment with the clutch cable. When I had the tractor shipped, and I drove it off the semi, the high/low when into gear just fine with out having to kill the tractor. It was a warmer day when I unloaded it off the semi. 

Fast forward to yesterday. The same thing happened. It would not shift into high/low without killing the tractor. As the day when on and the tractor warmed up shifting from high/low worked great. I noticed the transmission brake would get more aggressive with stopping the tractor as the day went on. 

I also noticed the clutch with get more aggressive with engaging. With the clutch cold, I could inch the peddle out and gradually release the clutch. As the day went on, had about 1/2 inch play before the clutch would engage. I also noticed that with the transmission under a load pulling 200 bushels that if I put the transmission into reverse, the transmission/tractor would shudder/jolt when it first begins to move.

My question is I am assuming this is still an adjustment with the clutch cable. Would anyone have a manual or suggestions on specs on how to adjust the clutch cable? I know how to access the clutch cable, but can I adjust the cable so the clutch lets out smoother, and the transmission brake doesn't engage as hard, or do I give up one thing for another?

Can anyone also explain what is going on when the transmission is cold that the transmission brake is not kicking in until it is warm? 

Here is my pride and joy! uploads/21457/7060.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic