This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plow Day at my Farm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plow Day at my Farm
    Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 7:59am
Looks like it's my turn to host the Mid MO plow day, I'm looking at the first weekend in Nov. 11/06/10 that's on a Saturday. Get your "AC" and plow ready and come on over, We will plow for hour or two and then have lunch then plow some more.  Call or PM me for more INFO. 
 Don, 816-697-1995
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Sponsored Links

Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:08am
Don - I hope to come this time.  If the weather is nice I might even bring the balloon to fly in the afternoon!  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
KC-WD45 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 8:51am
 Sounds like a good time! Where are you located?
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:03am
I just might have to try to make it down. I might even have the D17D back together by then. May have to bring the trusty CA though.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:57am
Don...I guess the only way to make sure that I made it there was to tell you I'd be bringing those tires and rims to you! LMAO! Of course,I do have some things there that I bought from Michael Crowe. Rick
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 6:36pm
My farm is about 25 miles East of KC Mo. All are welcome and bring a tractor and plow or just come and have a good time with us. Mike the balloon is a "high" to the fun bring it along. Gale said she will be here to cook and ride with you. lol
Rick if you need a plow I have six here. Parts what parts, You have parts here ? LMAO
If someone needs my address just PM or Call me at 816-697-1995 after 6PM
I will have a rain date but we have NO RAIN ordered for plow-day.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:51am
This is just a update on the ground prep. I brush-hogged the corn stocks down and will disc them today and Friday so we can plow them under on plow day.
Don

Edited by Don(MO) - 14 Oct 2010 at 7:52am

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:42am
I got the two front tires on the plow and am waiting for the tailwheel tire and tube.  The old plow has been sitting in a fencerow since the late sixties but everything is in good shape.  I am going to shine the shears and moldboards with a wire brush however I have a MRI next week and have to wait until thats over.  The plow ain't orange but it takes BIG Orange to pull it.  I will be happy just to make one round to say I did, my grandfather was the last one to turn dirt with this combo fifty or so years ago.  I'll post a picture of it later and look forward to making some pipe music.
I do believe I might have pinched the tube on one tire.
This may require a gas can on each end and one in the middle depending on the length of the field!

Edited by JW in MO - 14 Oct 2010 at 10:22pm
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 4:42pm
JW, Just bring that grand old "A" and plow, I'll put you in the field next to the house so it will be close to the gas cans. lol
Don

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:00pm
Just a up date on the ground prep. I have all the fields ready for plowing them danged old corn stocks under.

David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
Hmmm! I think I may bring my Factory wide WC with the 2-12 trip lift pull type plow. Now which plow, the one on steel or rubber? Dave.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:01pm
Well Dave, With the long list of tractors and plows you have that can make it hard to decide from. LOL I'd like to see your WC do a little plowing so just load it up and come on down the sixth of next month.
Don

Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 12:34pm
Don, I will bring the WD45 with a 3-14 semi mount slat plow. The weather is getting nice a cool, I can't wait to smell the dirt.
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:04pm
Michael just load it up and we will see you them.
And Thanks guys for letting me know about tractors and a head count for lunch. FYI lunch is going to be hamburgers hot dogs and a big bowl of chili and Dad's making pies too. So if you are coming to plow or just coming to watch please let me know a head count for lunch.
Don

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:08pm
Don - assuming work lets me come and weather lets me bring the balloon it will likely be just Lucas and me.  Mike

PS...that one field looks like it doesn't need plowed after brush hogging the stalks and discing it!  Go get some lime spread on first so we'll have a good reason to turn the dirt over!  Mike
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:15pm
You are right Mike it needs limed bad. I will see if there's someone around here that can put lime on before plow day. Don

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:52pm
I had some bad luck tonight, The tail wheel tire had a little tread separation. So I'm going
to the tire shop and get a new tire and tube, man that will cost me. lol

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:29pm
Don - after all the time and $$$ I went to put a new valve core in that tube this past spring and air up that tire and you already gone and torn it up!!!!  LMAO!  Mike
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:34pm
Don, you need to plow in 2nd.  Plowing in 3rd is too fast for those small tires.

Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:35pm
Don did you try duct tape???...Harvey
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 8:55pm
A can or 2 of that spray foam insulation and some of Harveys duct tape outta hold for another 20 years Don. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 9:33pm
 The plow is really worth more if you can save the factory tire! Looks like you were getting an early start from the shine on those moldboards, I couldn't pospone the fun either...Harvey
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 4:26am
Don...I'm with Joe O. on this...you had better slow down some with that tractor! LMAO! I thought you would have bought a new tire before now anyway. At least I see you got the plow shares shined up some. Oh...and make sure you don't have all the ground plowed up before the plow day! The rest of us guys might want to do some plowing too! See you the 6th!   Rick
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 5:28am
Speedy glue ought to fix that right up. LOL
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 5:29am
Well guys I didn't think the old 45 had that kind of HP to just rip the tread right off the tire. I will look at the duct tape, spray foam fix but I'm thinking a new tire might make the long range plain for this plow look better on paper. I think the DOT needs to place a expiration date on tires! lol
Rick, I left you guys some ground to plow. lol

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 5:54am
That tire will be -out of balance-and possibly cause the plow to "porpoise".

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 6:49am
So,Don...how many guys are gonna be there for the plow day? It sounds like several,which is good...maybe I'll get to meet some of them that I've chatted with for years on the net! LOL!  Rick
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 7:44am
I started tuning up my old plow yesterday, it seems that I am going to need to try weights on the WC. If I get to a soft spot it can dig to China pretty quick. I am thinking that a pair of 161's will help. I started making the weight clamps yesterday and will finish this morning and will give it a spin and see what happens. I have almost got the plow adjusted where I want it.  Dave. 
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Skyhighballoon(MO) Skyhighballoon(MO) wrote:

Don - after all the time and $$$ I went to put a new valve core in that tube this past spring and air up that tire and you already gone and torn it up!!!!  LMAO!  Mike
Good news Mike, I saved the valve core for you. lol
Don

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 7:29pm
Rick, Looks like we will have ten tractors here. and a lot of good AC friends too.
Dave I'm thinking (and you know we are all in trouble them that happens) That a set of weights on the back might help.
I picked up a new tire and tube today spent a ton on the old plow at $ 33.50 for the pair. The good thing is it's back on the ground and that makes three plows ready to go.
and I have three more plows just in-case.
Don

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic