This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner Super 7??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner Super 7??
    Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:10am
Here is an observation, anybody following the progress of the super 7 Gleaner the "new state of the  art" combine by Agco? I just got emailed the latest youtube vid, that is suppose to be comparing the new super 7 to the JD combine, but I see no comparison, the only thing I see is the remarkable engineering that Allis Chlamers had put into the combine 30 years prior, and being touted as something new from agco. Does the marketing department at agco really think that anybody viewing that vid is just going to take there word for it that the super 7 is better, where is the proof and where is the change from the Allis Chalmers design that made that combine what it is? What am I missing here?
Sponsored Links

GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:00pm
No. We don't expect you to just take our word for it. That's why we had farmers and custom harvesters tell you in their own words. No one is slighting AC. In fact, if you watch the video you'll see us give a shout out to the original design. Also, the design is a good one which is why we continue to stick with it.

I don't really understand your argument. You're saying the original design is "remarkable" (and I agree) but then you want to know why we won't change it.

Edited by GS7 - 26 Jul 2010 at 5:34pm
gleaner1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleaner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:29pm
I do have one question for you GS7,  Are there any original Gleaner employees left working at Agco?  (employees that may have transferred from the Independence plant when it was shut down a few years back). 
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:33pm
Yes. And some of them are on the team that created the Super 7. Kevin Bien, who is shown in episode 1, is also originally from AC. 
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:57pm

I agree it's  an impressive combine!!  But I don't see Agco's sales of it increasing much.  Green one will still be number 1 combine, due to parts availability, service And Large number of dealers! Not an Agco dealer within a hundred miles or more here selling combines!  In our area you can count red,yellow and silver on one hand, 2 at most! All are green. And resale value is another plus for green or red one. Our family bleed's orange (older AC Tractors and equipment and we use to sell AC) But we run & farm with green tractors and combines today.

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:17pm
I think there is a common misconception that because there is not a nearby dealer where you farm that there is no nearby dealers where anyone farms. Obviously, this is not true. We have some great dealers in plenty of farming areas. Do we want more? Of course.
I wish we had a dealer near you and perhaps one day we will.

We're not out to convince every Green combine owner to switch to a Gleaner. But we know that there are  people that are not pleased with their Green or Red combine. We're giving them an option and now that option comes with plenty more capacity. Gleaner has always been more akin to a club than a mass following. While I think we'll steadily sell more combines, I don't expect we'll change much from being that club.

Edited by GS7 - 26 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:54pm
Could someone post a pic of the new machine ?
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:14pm
Also, there is a certain amount of secrecy to maintain. The dealers, the people that need to know all the ins and outs of this machine, really need to be introduced first. They really should have a head start on the customers so they will have half a chance at answering questions. We will have a good look at the machine at the farm shows, and they (the shows) really aren't all that far off now. I think the marketing department is doing a good job with this. They got our attention, didn't they?
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:42pm
so will this be ready for this falls shows ?
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm
Yes. It will be at the farm shows. You can see photos, watch videos and get links to other discussions at www.gleanersuper7.com

AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
How long before they drop the Gleaner name, paint it red and call it a Massey?
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Kcgrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:32pm
My argument with your video is this, so you have a gleaner man "telling me" it got a great sample and capacity, and in the last video you sent me the heading is its competing with a Deere, I didnt see the deeres sample the deeres grain loss, didnt see the capacity of the 2 running ,just a gleaner custom operator telling me what a great machine the new super 7 is, which may very well be, and I know your trying to keep some of the super seven secrets under wraps, but where is the new and improved upon AC design, more HP and more bin capacity isnt a new design. I use to sell gleaner combines actually sold the very last L3 on the market, back in the day Allis Chlamers had the college of knowledge going when it came to combines, first we were schooled and than our customers came to the field where the L3 the N6 and a JD 7720 and a IH 1660 would run the fields with weigh wagons pass for pass acre for acre loss recorded, buchels weighed over and over again so there were no doubts as to who had the superiour machine, anyone could drive them anyone could adjust them and everyone could see what the difference was, how does your video do anything but tell us the Super 7 is a great machine? Is that operator even a custom owner or a paid employee of agco? does he know  what makes the super 7 great or just telling us what you told him to say? And even after watching it again I cannot see what is new from "agco" that Allis Chlamers had not already done, the balanced machine the straight thru processing, the high capacity to weight, the easier hauling, the accellerator rolls, all that is explained in the AC brochures from the original N5 . Why isnt the combine up at PAMI for the independent testing, and if your going to  compete on capacity why dont you guys get away from rating a class of combine on hp and grain tank size, and if your going to run against the biggest hog on the market it better be able to go toe to toe with the New Holland 9090 in MPH,TPH, and MOG, than we have a basis to go by. I dont sell combines any more I buy them, and I have had a belly full of marketing mens BS there product into my yard, only to find out its half the product they claimed. I started with a Gleaner L2 sold that and bought a John Deere, one because Duetz had destroyed Gleaners market, and 2 I was sold a bill of goods on the John Deere, not once but 4 times, than bought a New Holland, which we ran to 11,000 hrs it was time to trade or upgrade so I looked back at the Gleaner R72, which was a re cabbed N7, with a Cummins engine, so I bought another New Holland, with no regrets I might ad, even though I bleed Allis Chalmers orange, but Agco isnt Allis Chlamers, and the N7 was a great machine but its dated, not the concept the total design. New Holland knows the Twin Rotors work, but they knew the combine needed a new life the twin rotor remained but the shell changed greatly, thats what the super 7 needs, not black paint, not a bigger bin, not a bigger engine, and a black paint job and decals, thats John Deeres game and its hard for anyone else to play it.
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:43pm

I want to know the answer to Allisfreaks's question.   I can almost see the dealer letter already "Due to a changing market we need to phase out the GLEANER name and focus on Massey, Challenger, and Fent machines.  We know this is hard for your long time GLEANER customers but times are changing.  The GLEANER combine will still be available in Massey and Chanllenger models."  What's to stop them from doing it?  A customers brand loyality?  I think not.

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:32pm
KCgrain  I am with you on the new combine. I have ran Gleaner ,since riding in an AII with dad to starting in an F , L,L2,R60,R62,R72,R75 and now an A85. They have taken my Orange tractor,traded the Dt220A for a 8245R Deere,its a nice tractor. Its just a matter of time till the Gleaner is gone. If they dont redesign the outside of the combine they are waisting there time. That outside is dated, and looks sells. Everything from the big 3 will perform in the field. But looks  mean something in todays market ,unlike 20 years ago when the R72 came out. I bleed orange and silver,but I think those days are over.
                                                           IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:08am
I appreciate your perspective but I will not be pestered into releasing data before dealers watch it. If you pay close attention to the video, you'll see that we did collect data in much the same manner as you described. It's great to hear you used to sell Gleaners. Thank you for contributing to this great legacy. If you happened to interact with the development and testing team as AC, you might very well know some of the S7 designers.

The changes goes beyond the stuff you can see but I am not revealing them to you until dealers can see them. If you cannot appreciate or trust people that attest to the combines performance then I don't believe we have anything that will change your mind that I'm willing to reveal this early.

GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:26am
We have received the same commitment from our management as you have. AGCO is committed to the Gleaner Combine. They have invested money in the development of a new product and are releasing that product.

There's one thing I don't get. Here's a new machine that preserves what is great about the Gleaner Combine, is part of an effort that is led and developed by AC people, even replaces the cab emblem with the original 1923 Gleaner logo- yet you are the first people to shoot it down sight unseen. No. you don't know the changes we've made. Unlike a lot of people, you have not seen the machine run for yourselves. And when we show operators and let them give their impressions, you suggest they are paid? Really?

You bleed silver? So do we. And we're out here trying to bring silver back to the glory it deserves. What exactly are you doing?
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:52am
Waiting. and Waiting. To see someone prove what they said this machine is capable of all along. MAYBE then you will gain some respect. Don't get me wrong, I love the new idea and all the grassroots marketing you guys seem to be doing, but I can understand where people like KCGrain are coming from. After all AGCO has run into the ground in the past few years, whats out there to prove that Gleaners not next other then someone saying "its not going to be that way". I'm sure once all your results are released, things will be a little different. Oh, and one other thing. I sell things for a living too. and in this kind of economy everyone is going to think twice if not three times before they buy a product. The customer is always right. Don't make the customers blood pressure go up. Because you might as well kiss them good by if you piss them off. AGCO has already done, so you already have people that are going to be extremely critical of everything you say. Expect that. You can't change that. Just blow them away when its time to release all the data. Win back our support by proving what you can do with this machine. Don't question them in the meantime.

Edited by morton(pa) - 27 Jul 2010 at 6:52am
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 7:13am
I'm all for talking to people that are interested in what this new machine can do. That's not what is going on here. What is going on here is a lot of prejudging and complaining.
We have an awesome new machine but it's not for everyone. I am not here to convince those that cannot be convinced.

The customer is not always right, particularly when they use such a notion to abuse good people. I've kicked people out of the store and I'll question every lie and rumor. I'm proud of this product, it's designers and the brand and I'll defend it against anyone even if they claim to love it.

You want to support Gleaner? Have an open mind and at least a shred of patience. Go to a farm show and see it run. Don't claim that people on the video are paid endorsers (they're not).

I'm not asking you to fly a Gleaner flag in your front yard but could you at least not be the first one to set it on fire especially since you have not even seen the new combine?
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 7:25am
Originally posted by GS7 GS7 wrote:

I'm all for talking to people that are interested in what this new machine can do. That's not what is going on here. What is going on here is a lot of prejudging and complaining.
We have an awesome new machine but it's not for everyone. I am not here to convince those that cannot be convinced.

The customer is not always right, particularly when they use such a notion to abuse good people. I've kicked people out of the store and I'll question every lie and rumor. I'm proud of this product, it's designers and the brand and I'll defend it against anyone even if they claim to love it.

You want to support Gleaner? Have an open mind and at least a shred of patience. Go to a farm show and see it run. Don't claim that people on the video are paid endorsers (they're not).

I'm not asking you to fly a Gleaner flag in your front yard but could you at least not be the first one to set it on fire especially since you have not even seen the new combine?

G,
What we have going on here is a lack of trust and credibility for anything AGCO says or does because of what management has done the last few years. And yes it may be unfair to the Gleaner side of things, but thats the consequences. FWIW I hope your G7 is a smashing success, AGCO mis-management notwithstanding. (Speaking of which, 2nd qtr numbers are out today). All said I agree that one should not  knock something before they have all the facts.
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 7:48am

I'm with YAZ on this one GS7. You are preaching to the wrong crowd here, we've been burned by AGCO the last couple of years and don't want to hear what wonderful things they are doing with future products. Hell, they introduced a new AGCO tractor 7 months ago and then killed it a month later. With the exception of IL Gleaner few of us will ever be in a position to purchase a new machine. AGCO needs to quit worrying about how they are going to get the CNH and JD folks to buy an AGCO product and start focusing on how to restore the confidence of their current or past customers in AGCO. When the marketing folks get off their butts and out into the field they will find out how skeptical their customer base is of anything AGCO is doing and may be doing in the future. No amount of warm fuzzy advertising or glowing testimonials will make up for the skepticism AGCO has generated in the last 24 months.
GS7 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:11am
You're right. I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here. You don't want to hear wonderful things happening with new products. Nothing we can do will undo your skepticism.

I wish we had your support regardless if you ever plan on buying another combine. The Gleaner team values it's loyal even when the feeling is not reciprocated.

Your point is clear. Sorry it couldn't be different.

CJohnS MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJohnS MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:41am

You're right. I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here. You don't want to hear wonderful things happening with new products. Nothing we can do will undo your skepticism.

I wish we had your support regardless if you ever plan on buying another combine. The Gleaner team values it's loyal even when the feeling is not reciprocated.

Your point is clear. Sorry it couldn't be different.

If I were your boss, I'd fire you right after reading that comment.

Why? Because you're a quitter.

The only thing you have going for any new machinery here is brand loyalty. That's something YOU earn over time. Damage that loyalty and it can be repaired - but LOTS of time to do it.

Crops get brought in because of persistence and tenacity. Crops get sold because of market demand.

In a world of manufacturing where one product gets sprayed 7 different colors and the decals are switched out - who's kidding who?

On second thought, I wouldn't fire you - I'd give you a pay raise - you perfectly fit the Agco corporate philosophy: Quick to kiss, quick to jump in the back seat, and even quicker to jump out when the guy with a fancier car drives by and smiles at ya.

pffft
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:51am

During all the research for the S7 did anyone bother to check how many guys that buy Gleaner combines also ran AGCO branded tractors or Allis Chalmers? I think you can now deduct all those guys from future sales.

Until Gleaner can operate independent of AGCO I think it will be tough sledding.

I know you guys in the Gleaner division didn't decide to kill the AGCO tractor line but you guys are the only ones left standing to take the heat.

I hope S7 is a success. But be prepared to work twice as hard as you have on any other model release to prove it. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:06am
GS7..been watching these conversations .. i wont be buying a new combine anytime soon .. but i will say one thing . i do believe the customer is always right ..( even when they are wrong )
DPrestonOH View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrestonOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:32pm
We have received the same commitment from our management as you have. AGCO is committed to the Gleaner Combine. They have invested money in the development of a new product and are releasing that product.
Therein lies the rub...  We ourselves received commitment from AGCO in years past when they needed us.  In recent years we found our commitments were one way, from us to them and have been told to change with the times and get over our Orange preference.  Which many of us in fact did change... we gritted our teeth, bit the bullet and bought Green and Red... not Massey.
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:38pm
I am just as upset about losing the orange AGCO tractor line as anyone is. In fact, I am furious about it, BUT, GS7 didn't do that to us. I personally am excited to see the development of the Super 7 machine, as soon as it turns red and has a Massey decal on it I will be done with them, and it won't be as easy to sell me Gleaner equipment as it once was, but, I am not going to write them off just yet.
I do think it takes a lot of intestinal fortitude for ANYONE representing their company to show up on a public forum like this and be willing to take whatever comes their way. You don't see many other companies' people sticking their necks out like that. The only other exception I am aware of is "The Griz" Morry Taylor from Titan/Goodyear. He has also put his neck on the chopping block on another forum. The fact that we have company representatives interacting with us at all shows that they do care. I just wish we could get the RIGHT people to notice and care. The people that have made the stupid, unpopular decisions are cowering behind people like GS7. The working folks at
AGCO are doing their best to pick up the pieces and carry on. We can only hope the corporation can hang together long enough to get some competent management.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:51pm
G, I don't think these comments are directed at you personally. Most of us are still pissed at Agco for there assinine decision to drop their flagship brand - the Agco orange tractor. Since they turned ther back on the "Allis" part of Allis Gleaner Company it's only logical for us to wonder when they will turn their back on the "Gleaner" part of the Allis Gleaner Company.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:04pm
Hey Gs7! I'am with you, though I will not be in a situation to buy a Gleaner, I am wishing you the best of luck. I am anxious to hear more about this Machine.
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:08pm
GS7 I appreciate that you are holding out on what the new advancements are until the dealers can see and learn them.  Way too often do we hear about stuff from our customers before we hear them from the company!

Jim
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:55pm
about my only hope to ever afford a new combine is if I win the lottery, and if I do, it'll be a gleaner. Hang in there GS7!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic