This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad passing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad passing
    Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:50pm
It is with sad regrets that we tell you Gilbert Vust passed away this afternoon. A well known A-C collector and enthusiast who will be sorely missed. He had been hospitalized with head injuries after a fall at his shop this past Saturday.  He did not regain consciousness and was in no pain throughout his hospitalization.  At this point, no services have been set in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. Nan Jones

Sponsored Links

DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:59pm
We send our prayers for Gilberts family. He will be missed as a great A-C collector and great man to talk to at shows. Very sorry for the loss David and Doriene Hexom aka Hazy View Emb.
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:12pm
So sad, regards to the family
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:22pm
Prayers to the family.
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:26pm
Sad news.  I met him several years ago when I attended the Hutch gathering when it was still at the farm.  I guess we can only hope we go doing something we enjoy.  Still hard on the family and friends.  RIP Gilbert.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:28pm
Prayers from Georgia, I enjoyed a breakfast with Gilbert at one of the GOTO's, a very nice and knowledgeable man. thanks for letting us know Nan.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:43pm
Prayers for the family from Oklahoma. I met Gilbert for the first time this summer at Hutch. He seemed like a great guy, and was very friendly. Knew Roto-Balers better than anyone I know. 
As a side note...I recorded him speaking while he was giving the Roto-Baler seminar this year. I wasn't really sure why, but I had this weird, like 6th sense, sort of uneasy feeling telling me to do it. I went ahead and did it. Now I know why. 
It's guys like him that have forgotten more about A-C than many of us will ever know. 
Dean(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:50pm
When Gilbert was at one of The Allis Connection shows, he sang the United States
 National Anthem and then sang the Canadian National Anthem. What a Class act! God Bless all his friends and family. Gilbert will be greatly missed.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:13pm
Sad to hear. God Bess his family!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:47pm
Sounds like he was a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Prayers coming from MO.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:48pm
prayers to the family from NE.
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:34am
Very sorry to hear this Nan. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Don & Jill McCulloch from NY.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:32am
So sad to hear. Prayers from NJ to the Vust family. Great man to chat with.
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:43am
I am sorry.  My condolences to the family.
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:43am
So sad to hear this news. My prayers for Gilberts family as they go through this loss of a loved one and of one of the greats in the AC world. He will be missed by many. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:59am
Prayers from North dakota very sad to hear
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:25am
I got to visit with him some at his show in 2004 GOTO. He was very busy at the time but still took the time to chat. As said he knew more than most will about AC equipment especially the roto baler.    
Dave H (NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:32am
Prayers from Nebraska.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:48am
I am sorry to here this, my prayers go out to the Gilberts family.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:00am
Very sorry to hear this. I met Gilbert several years ago.  He was a great guy and very knowledgeable on Allis. He did a lot for the Allis hobby and will be sorely missed.  Condolences and prayers for his family and his good friend, Nan.
Steve-SW Pa. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-SW Pa. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:29am
We're so sorry to hear about Gilbert's passing. Our sincere condolences to the Vust family and friends at his loss. He was a very knowledgeable man who did not hesitate to share his AC expertise. Gilbert and his friend Willie traveled from Portage la Prairie to southwestern Pennsylvania in October 1999 to purchase a Model T combine from us. We visited with him over the years at various Gatherings, but specifically at the 2004 GOTO in his home town. Gilbert will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends during this sad time.   
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:24pm
The thing I will remember the most about Gilbert is what he told the crowd when he was doing the Roto-Baler seminar at Hutch this year, what he considered the 3 biggest "boobs", problem machines A-C ever produced. 
1. The No.10 Roto-Baler
2. The RC tractor
3. The All-Crop 100

While I don't agree with the 3rd one, I always think of him and smile when I see one of those 3 things. 
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:32pm
This is awful. I would have liked to have met him. Hopefully he did not suffer. A lesson for us all about safety, a hard lesson. Trev.
ShannonKY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:10pm
So sorry for yall's loss. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:01pm
Prayers for family and friends. I met Gilbert at Ted's a few years back. I talked with him for some time but could have spent the day or more. Sad to hear of his passing.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:09pm
Very very sad news indeed. Our thoughts and prayers to his family and to Nan as well.
Got to visit him at his place a few times and he took me through the museum. I'm especially glad that we went to Hutch this year and had a chance to catch up again with my fellow Canadian. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:27pm
sending my condolensence and prayers for the vust family. always enjoyed his stories and knowledge of the roto baler. a couple weeks ago I decided to restore my roto baler, jus hope I remember 1/2 of what he told me. we lost a great amount of knowledge , but he will not be forgotten.
A-C Bell View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:27pm
Gilbert did pass away from injuries suffered from a fall, but we do not know what caused the fall.  When he fell, it was onto cement.  He did not suffer.    Nan
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 7:59pm
Condolences from here, met him the first time at GOTO in Portage as I was part of the Caravan from Oakes, I remember him meeting us at the border and crossing with us.  We have a photo of him and Jim Roney (caravan orginizer who has also passed) shaking hands across the US and Canadian border.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:04pm
Nan - Cathy and I are very sorry for the loss of Gilbert. Gilbert was a very fine and kind person. He enjoyed his Allis connection with people. We met Gilbert and Nan at the GOTO in 2005 at UNION GROVE and we had breakfast with Nan and Gilbert on the Sunday morning.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic