This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Illinois driver license

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RP Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
I think it is pure age discrimination.  My dad is a 77 year old disabled Vietnam Vet and while he might not get around the best he can drive forwards, backwards and even sideways and teach a clinic without spilling a drop of coffee..

He can back a trailer or even a wagon like a boss.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 11:21am
This CAN be remedied by those with Excessive Traffic Citations or Accidents, CDL for RVs INCLUDING the Health Cert.  Then step to Older Citizens that do NOT have any encumbering issues, My own Uncle drove until 91 NO Concerns where required a Driving Test at 92 that he passed Hands Down.  The Certifying Agent then DECLINED basing SOLELY on his age, went to court and WON, Agent was ridiculed, got his license but failing health took him at 93.  
Grandmother had a wreck at 84, stopped driving at that point as could not get insurance.  NEEDED to Stop several years earlier.  HOWEVER, have watched people in 20s thru 50s, Should NOT EVER have been issued more than a ID Card as CANNOT Safely operate so much as a Grocery Cart.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 2:51pm
I guess we are all concerned about this, since many of us are in our "golden years". I'm sure I will get blasted for this, but to be realistic, there are some that should not still be driving. 

We travelled home from Florida (where there are a LOT of old people!) to northern NY state Monday and Tuesday. Every time we encountered someone driving much slower than normal traffic, it was someone old. Traffic was closing quickly on these slow motorists and taking evasive action to get around them. My personal feeling it that very slow drivers cause more accidents on interstates than very fast drivers.

We all know people that should not still be driving. I know it takes away their independence, but some of these people have lost the skills to be a safe driver.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 3:40pm
The false perception is driving oddly slow benefits poor reflex response capability. Does no such thing and as noted simply causes more distraught angered other operators. Similar to Two Footed drivers brake lights always on and eat their cars alive thinking better reflex response, major issue there is generally forget what foot doing what and mash BOTH over riding braking ability. Cops around here noted that consideration.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 5:38pm
My brake lights are never on and I've been a 2 footed driver for 54 years.

It would be nice if all brake lights were LEDs. They come on much faster, giving us old guys more time to react to the IDIOT 6 cars ahead....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 12:30am
I just heard on the radio yesterday our fat assed governor is thinking about doing away with the road test for seniors.  But we have an idiot in Chitcago that wants to cripple the law enforcement even more.  He is proposing that police can't stop any one unless they are 25 over, can"t stop for expired tags, several more things which I can't remember.  It's getting to be ridiculous with all these "woke" idiots
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 5:18am
St Louis Tishuara Jones did that, backfired. City been sued for damages by runaway crazy drivers. Laws going Back on active. Replacement prosecuting attorney for that last worthless witch, has taken on Prosecuting to letter of law, punishments will be markedly increased for repeat offender criminals of all types. And is a Dem.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

I just heard on the radio yesterday our fat assed governor is thinking about doing away with the road test for seniors.  But we have an idiot in Chitcago that wants to cripple the law enforcement even more.  He is proposing that police can't stop any one unless they are 25 over, can"t stop for expired tags, several more things which I can't remember.  It's getting to be ridiculous with all these "woke" idiots

He He, I think of that short rolly polly and his 25 cent gas tax every time I fill up.
untilthesungoesdown View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote untilthesungoesdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:28am
This driver's license thing is a maze!  I can't believe all the hoops you have to jump through to get your permit.  It almost makes me understand why some people consider going the fake id route, but  that whole thing feels like a recipe for trouble.  Landing yourself in hot water isn't exactly a shortcut to cruising down the open road, you know?
Is it just me, or has getting your license gotten way more complicated since  back in the day?  Maybe I'm just romanticizing the past, but it seems like it shouldn't be this difficult to get behind the wheel legally.

Edited by untilthesungoesdown - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic