This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIRES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIRES
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 12:49pm
Is a Titan tractor tire worth $50 more than an Alliance?
Sponsored Links

matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:28pm
If anything, I'd say $50 less than an Alliance. We had a Titan on our old 4520 and 6600 combine. The things cracked like none other. The BKT on our White has already outlasted the Titan. The only brand I'd really pay a premium for is Firestone
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:35pm
NO   I sold those things for a while and came to detest the quality of titan tires.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:33pm
I put new Alliance on the rear of D17 about 9 yrs. ago and really like them. No sign of cracking at all and the price was reasonable at the time. I looked all over the tires for the country of origin and finally found in very small letters--Made in "Israel" 
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:39pm
Just put new FS on the 7045 (20.8x38) and checked on all available brands. I went with FS because there was only $150 difference between the FS and the cheapest that I have never even heard of.
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:01pm
Yeah- if you want quality, bar none, Firestone is the choice. Sadly, the dealer for them out here is a long distance away. But, if you can afford it, I'd mount a Firestone. You won't regret it.

Now, a Titan? No way. I'd rather be out an extra day or two or pay more for another dealer than I would pay for one of those
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:59pm
I have a 4835 New Holland that has titans on the back. The tires have a ton of dry rot cracks in them, and they seem to squat a bit even though the pressure is correct. I can't complain however, the tires are 21 years old. I've been told titan bought out Goodyear. I'm not going to tell you not to buy the titans because I believe they will do just fine for you. I work for Bridgestone and I buy BKT for most of my tractors instead of Firestone because they are cheaper even with my employee discount. We make semi truck and bus tires where I work, and if the farm tires are anything like our factory, you might as well buy what ever is cheaper.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:11pm
Bridgestone owns Firestone. Titan rim first bought Armstrong and I think Titan tires are still made in the Armstrong factories, then Titan bought Goodyear.

Gerald J.
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:03pm
Titan isn't worth the $50.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:26pm
The worst tire in the salvage yard is worth $50 more than a Alliance. I have a set on my 6080 they cracked bad at a year old.   If I come out of this year with no major repairs I plan to take them off and put Firestones on.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:17am
Now that is excellent information.

Neb. tire has 6 Titan 18.4x28's if anybody is interested.  My local dealer can get me Alliance cheaper.

Bill
JarrodACFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JarrodACFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:57am
I have next to no experience with Titan/goodyear. I have Alliance on my WD45 and on our 500bu grain cart. We got them in I think 2014 and they are still like new with no problems. Granted, these aren't really intensive uses. Every Firestone we have had has been great. I guess my opinion for you would depend on what you're doing with them. If it's a main work tractor, get Firestones. If it's occasional use or hobby, then I think Alliance would be just fine.
1956 WD45 Narrow Front Factory Power Steering, 1953 WD Wide Front
Allis Express in Muncie, IN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic