This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11B RESTORATION HAS BEGUN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:25am
Ya never cease to amaze me, Mel. I think I am going to ship my HD5G out to you and hire you and your crew to finish it up. I sure would like to get out there some time, and see all your stuff. Take in that logging show would probably be interesting to. Keep the good stuff coming. Darrel
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:51pm
Mel, thanks for keeping us informed!  Is that the 545 in the background with the cab off?
How much more rain have you had since the 40" on Jan 19th?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:44pm
John, That's the 840B we got this past fall that we started working on. It's on the back burner now. We have a total of almost 48'' of rain, raining today and rain and showers continuing. Our average is around 38'' and we haven't had that for a long time.  Some locals are starting to whine, I tell them "GET OVER IT" go back inside you'll get wet, We're happy with it (it will quit some day) It's not been good for septic tank deliveries or gravel deliveries or cash flow (been pretty good for working on HD11s though) Davids about to get behind on painting though as you know our paint booth is outside.
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:10pm
Mel, great documentation! I like it! Smile
You asked the question of who can run an air arc. 
I can say that I have, many, many moons ago! Wink
And I got to be pretty good at it as well.
Makes for a very nice & clean cut. 
I've also heard it called carbon arc welding.
Just hook up the air hose and put in a carbon rod, and get with it!
BTW-
I've got an SA200 portable welder that I've been exercising some lately, too, around central Oklahoma if anybody needed some welding done. Big smile

Edited by Jim Hancock - 03 Feb 2017 at 5:12pm
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:19pm
Four feet of rain in less then 40 days, that's like biblical proportions!  Started on your ark yet?
I would think that you will be picking up gravel business from people getting stuck in their driveways... 
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 3:21am
me thinks it's gonna takes more than gravel! lol
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 8:44am
Looking good, Mel! As always! Smile

Man, I'm about sick of this rain. Angry

Check your PMs.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 3:10pm
[QUOTE=ACcrazy]Looking good, Mel! As always! Smile

Man, I'm about sick of this rain. Angry

I am hoping for a silver lining to this cloud. The last time things were really wet the governor gave a free pass on environmental permits on working around creeks and rivers. It was so far back I think it was Moon Beam that did it but cannot say for sure. So I am hoping it will happen again.

Just the chance you need to drive the abandoned HD21  down through the river instead of having a bridge.  Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Edited by Ray54 - 06 Feb 2017 at 3:27pm
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:49am
Darrell...is your HD5 a loader or blade?
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:43pm
"

Yet More Flooding Drought in California"

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/yet-more-flooding-drought-in-california/
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:15pm
Good read Ian.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:28am
I agree good read, seems a bit off kilter to make a point?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:36am
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

Darrell...is your HD5 a loader or blade?

loader
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 3:44pm
DMiller

Just pointing out that this rain affected activity is going on in an official drought area!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 4:11pm
And that is what I referred to! The 'experts' do not seem to be able to rationalize much of anything as to reality!

Brother worked for San Diego Public Water supply, the 'Official' consensus he had to deal with as to drought was to accept the records as fact as funding from outside sources depended on it. He threw in the towel and retired soon after.

Edited by DMiller - 10 Feb 2017 at 4:13pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 8:38pm
After reading the piece and local news reports on lake level Santa Barbra county has 4 major man made lake 3 are only 50% or less. Just north San Luis Obispo county has 4 as well 2 are  full or as full as flood control allows. One has never been full in 50 years,never will as we have had floods before and never filled it. The experts would not believe the locals. The other one is in the very south of SLO county right on the edge of the red spot on the map in the store.

From my place to town not much for irrigated vineyards water is oozing out of banks on the road. Drove west of my place where the greatest amount of irrigation is no water oozing out across the road yet. Before the vineyards came I have farmed it all one time or another. A lot of it had a lot of wet places in wet years. The drought index in the report takes a long term look at things. I can agree where pumping of ground water has been excessive there can still be long term drought in areas.  But we are a perpetual drought as we have 6 months of every year that we don't get rain.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic