This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zoom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoom
    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 4:46pm
Has anyone been able to successfully use the Zoom ap that's being advertised a lot lately? My high school class tried a "virtual" get together via Zoom today. I was unable to get onto Zoom. A prompt would come up asking for my e-mail address. I'd type that in. "Error". "Wrong e-mail address". Then it would ask for my password. "Error". "Wrong password". So I asked for a new password. Twice. Each time the darn site e-mailed me a message. Neither instruction worked. I finally gave up & missed the get together. Very frustrating!!! I hate technology!
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:03pm
Try uninstalling it and then reinstall it.  You could also go to APPS in your setup menu and look at it to see if anything looks out of place.  You can do a FORCE STOP there also.  I believe you can uninstall from there as well.  We use Google Duo to chat with the grand daughter.  I'm not sure if it will work for groups tho.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:24pm
Dan,
 Technology is great when it works, when it doesnt its a real pain. Good luck. Many of us need to brush up on this stuff to visit at a distance. I had not heard of Zoom.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 6:15pm
I have never installed the zoom app... and have done several of them... with someone who has 'started' the meeting... or has the code for the rest to 'get into' the meeting. I don't remember exactly but with the right code and prompts I was in...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 7:06pm
Sons and grandsons use it. I Havnt got a claw about it.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 7:26pm
Zoom is used by fbi and other hackers to gather all of your personal info!--not that they dont already have some of it but they can positively track you when you are on there.
I heard horror stories about it so tread lightly and don't say you were not warned!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

Zoom is used by fbi and other hackers to gather all of your personal info!--not that they dont already have some of it but they can positively track you when you are on there.
I heard horror stories about it so tread lightly and don't say you were not warned!

X2! Most of these apps glean a lot of your personal information and are wide open for hackers. When I first joined the military back in the early 70's a lot of what I worked with required a security clearance and it was drilled into me not to say anything to anybody about even seemingly insignificant facts. Spies and hackers don't get all of their info from one place. It is sort of like putting a jig saw puzzle together: a little piece of info here, a little tidbit there, another piece from over there and pretty soon they have the whole picture. I have heard some horror stories about Zoom.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 9:42pm
Did you load the zoom app? The kids have a zoom class room 4 times a week. As long as you have the app loaded you shouldn't need email and password just the access number. We had a CAP meeting this week they sent the link in an email just click the link put in the access number from my EMail and it let me right in. I did have to load the zoom room app before it started. I have no idea how to start a meeting but it's easy to enter one.
bauerd44 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bauerd44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 11:01pm
I join 8 to 10 Zoom meetings a week.  I do have the Zoom APP on my tablet, but I am not the meeting host. 
All I have to do is join a meeting with the meeting number that the host needs to give you.  If they are using a password, then they need to send that to you also along with the meeting number.

Dale
Missouri Allis-Chalmers Club
CA Allis, 175 Allis, 185 Allis
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:14am
Use Zoom daily. Load the app on your device. Uses email address for ID. Have not initiated a meeting. When invited, use password provided or click on link in invitation
I wonder if the reason you could not get on is if the invitation gave the wrong email address?

Edited by plummerscarin - 19 Apr 2020 at 9:18am
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 10:34am
I had the same experience as Dan. I did finally get onto our bible class, 55 minutes late. Wife told me to give up a couple of times, but I stuck with it and got 5 minutes of class. This week I should be able to get on sooner (hopefully).
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:43pm
I too have heard horror stories,  did use it once in a Bible study with no problem.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Dakota Dave Dakota Dave wrote:

Did you load the zoom app? The kids have a zoom class room 4 times a week. As long as you have the app loaded you shouldn't need email and password just the access number. We had a CAP meeting this week they sent the link in an email just click the link put in the access number from my EMail and it let me right in. I did have to load the zoom room app before it started. I have no idea how to start a meeting but it's easy to enter one.

I used it first time last Sunday and it was easy to join one that my nephew set up
I forgot to turn on camera and they just kept saying OK Boomer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic