Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > HELP! > Forum Support Only - No Tractor Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

youtube videos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youtube videos?
    Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Trying to insert a youtube video with the movie uploader, looks like it's there but when I post it's just a blank page. Using firefox

Edited by Bill_MN - 13 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 9:10pm
When viewing a video in youtube, find the "share" button, click on it and copy that.It is different than the URL at the top of the page. Copy that
 Now come to your post and click on the film strip icon. Paste in the share url  but delete everything up to and including the / .
 an example- here is the url to one of my videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJuE-e6SDfU

Here is what shows up under Share after the video ends.
 https://youtu.be/TJuE-e6SDfU

This is what you use in the video share page for this forum 
TJuE-e6SDfU

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 28 Jun 2016 at 3:07pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 1:28pm
it works - hate it when they change things on us old guys 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 1:54pm
 I just the other day tried to upload a picture album to my Picasa account. Google is no longer "supporting" Picasa but all my pictures are saved to "My Google Pictures". I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out how to upload there and name an album, then another few hours trying to share the album in different places.
 I don't understand WHY "change is better" !
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
They decided you needed to fork over CASH to use their storage for pictures, and the ability to share them . 
 Same I use to be able to use face book to post pictures here - and they changed that also 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 5:54pm
Coke you nailed it. It always boils down to the money.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
I have figured out how to share pics from my google pictures, still doesn't cost anything. It seems I have tried to share a pic from facebook before, but only people that had a facebook account could see it. Now that doesn't work. It shows up in the quick reply box, but not with a preview.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:08pm
Please explain why shared YouTube videos only show half a screen? At least on my device. It's like they are like an unformatted picture. To big for the frame.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by exSW exSW wrote:

Please explain why shared YouTube videos only show half a screen? At least on my device. It's like they are like an unformatted picture. To big for the frame.

I have shared videos before, and watched ones others share. I have never seen what you describe, always see the entire view. Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image