This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ya,ll try coffee with Cinniman,,,??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ya,ll try coffee with Cinniman,,,??
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
 My Son, Jon's girl friend, Elena,  introduced me to a really great way to make coffee, She has one of the percolator style coffee makers and she takes a piece of cinniman, breaks in half and puts in btm of coffee pot, then puts the coffee grounds thingie and lid and plugs it in. That brews the cinniman with the coffee for the greatest flavored coffee plus her and Jon who are health nuts say it is very beneficial for you as well,,,,,I been drinkin it that way since Joyce been in hospital and I LIKE IT,,,!!! I'm going to walmart first thing and buy me one of those percolators cause She gave me a whole bunch of the cinniman. Great tastin coffee,,,,,ClapClap
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:53pm
I've heard of it. Old gal keeps telling me about the Bennie's of cinnimum. Might have to drop some in ol Shamelesses pot someday. I haven't got a pot like that. Hope your gal is doing good.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 11:52pm
A percolator make the BEST coffee and it's just as quick as them pour through ones.  I use a stick of cinnamon in my coffee and tea both.

It's also VERY GOOD in a Manhattan or Old Fashioned.  Reminds me, I only have two left and tomorrow is Saturday,,,,,,Whiskey Old Fashion Sweets......I can taste em already!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:15am
I use ciminum ...cinimum...aw ya'll know what i'm talk'in about...in as much stuff I can...it's really good medicine for diabetics. I haven't tried it in coffee yet, have had it in tea tho. o-k...i'll do the coffee thing, will hafta go out and gits my "cowboy" coffee pot I spose. it's a in the fire pot/perkolater type.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:37am
  Yeah,,Shameless,,,I gots one of them Cowboy coffee ones ,,but it stays up in the mountains. The one she had is electric and it starts perkin almost as soon as you plug it in. Thas the kind I'm gonna get when I get up in a bit,,,but on second thought,,I may pull a "Shameless" and go now and check out all them "2 in the mornin" weirdos you is always talkin bout,,,,,,,Wink better take my phone with the good camera tho,,,,,,
 I just made a cinniman pot using the brewer I have and put the cinniman stick in the filter but it didn't seem to get as much cinniman flavor as her perolater did,,,so off to Walmart I be goin,,,,,Clap 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:05am
Jennifer makes cinnamon flavor creamer for my coffee. She got the recipe from some healthy website. It was different but after I got used to it I like it.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:05am
 Hey Thad,,,post Jenn's recipe,,,,Clap I been wantin to get loose from the store bought creamers that gots so dang much sugar. Jon's GF uses half and half and then uses some kind of raw sugar crystals that has not been refined. If I remember right it was Florida Crystals brand. I like bout 3-4 cups of coffee a day so I been experimenting to cut down on the stuff not good for you,,,,,,Clap 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:52am
well Joe...first thing to cut back on should be the coffee!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:35am
coffee is very good for your liver.
perculator coffee is the best, but trouble nowaday's is finding the correct grind
I am a fan of straight coffee flavored coffee, breakfast blend for me.
my wife on the other hand has a plethera of flavors
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:50pm
Only BAD thing about cofffee,,,,,,,,,,ya gotta go wee-wee to often....usually at the worst times....

The SMALLER the chunks of C-I-N-N-A-M-O-N the better.  Bust em up really good and put em into the pot before perking or the bottom of the pot on the drip kind.  They usually melt and flavor the whole pot.  Then I take another and use it for a stir stick.  (works well in whiskey based drinks too).

All the things that they say are bad for ya.......milk, butter, beer, potatoes, eggs, fried foods, and a lot I can't think of right now,,,,,,,,,,but those were the things that I grew up on.  They WERE natural until the advent of all the chemicals.......nuthin wrong with them.  The ONLY thing I know is bad for you,,,,,,,,,,,lack of oxygen...
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 6:14am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,post Jenn's recipe,,,,Clap I been wantin to get loose from the store bought creamers that gots so dang much sugar. Jon's GF uses half and half and then uses some kind of raw sugar crystals that has not been refined. If I remember right it was Florida Crystals brand. I like bout 3-4 cups of coffee a day so I been experimenting to cut down on the stuff not good for you,,,,,,Clap 

Joe I’m working on it. She’s working a lot of hrs right now . I’ll get the recipe in a couple days.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:34am
Cannuck neighbor we had did that, coffee was good brewed with cinnamon in the grounds. He had done that since young as his parents had done it, takes the Bitter off the pot. I like it but I also like just plain Black Coffee too.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:56am
I hear that cinnamon will lower your blood sugar and cholesterol.   
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
Maxwell House Columbia grind for my honey and me..................

Edited by Dipstick In - 20 Jan 2019 at 12:27pm
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:49pm
Folgers Black Silk made good and strong, nothing added,  to get my day going. After supper I might fix some hazelnut flavored coffee with raw sugar, creamer and topped with whipped topping if the weather is cold enough. The cinnamon idea sounds good, I may have to get a pot and try some. Cinnamon, honey, and acv is good for you too.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:57pm
Seems the ground cinnamon should work about the same - if you sprinkle say a 1/4 teaspoon on top of grounds in filter basket . the difference between the stick and ground shouldn't be that much -
 Now cinnamon and sugar on buttered bread use to be a treat , same as on toasted raisin bread and sprinkled on cinnamon / sugar. Then cinnamon and butter on oatmeal was a favorite breakfast thing also    
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:30pm
OMG Coke, I had forgotten ALL ABOUT that!!  We used to have that a lot when we were kids.  I'm gonna have to try that tomorrow morn!  I wonder where that old sugar shaker is......
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 5:49am
Jenny keeps a sugar shaker full of cinnamon/sugar right by the toaster.👍
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:31am
 Well,, I never was much of a big user of cinniman when younger,,,prolly cause we couldn't afford such luxeries,,,Wink. I used to really like a dollop of butter on my hot cereal, but stopped that due to my heart issues way back then,,,but Chit,,,nowadays them same scientists is saying all thet stuff they outlawed back then  is now good for you,,,like bacon,,,go figure,,,!!!

I'm really takin to the cinniman in the coffee pretty good,,!! I went to walmart but they did not carry the percolator type coffee maker and Ebay only had one kind and it was like $68 for a 10 cup,,,,Chit,,,they'll have to wait on this ole boy's money,,I'm guessin,,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
Cinnamon was the craze around here a few years ago. Restaurants, cafes, quik stops, I mean everybody, was putting cinnamon in everything, and then the more the merrier. I'm not a big fan of cinnamon anymore. A little here and there and heavy on the little.

Edited by chaskaduo - 21 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:07pm
I remember my stepdaughter always had to have her brown sugar and cinnamon toast before she went to bed.  I made it for her from when she was about five to about fifteen!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 3:29pm
 Wouldn't ya know it,,,,,,I went to the Dollar Tree store the other day lookin for some bargains,,,,,,,a man's got to remain pretty thrifty to get by in these hectic times,,,,,,WinkWink
  Guess what,,,I was checkin out this lady lookin at ALL the jars of different spices, humming to herself all the time,,,,so,,,I eased up to her and politely asked her what the tune was,,and she says,,,"Why, it is an ole Marty Robbins song bout El Paso" Well, I told her I just been down thar and I like thet song too,,,,she hands me a jar of,,,,,,,,,,,of,,,,,,Cinniman Sugar,!!! I'll be go to haides. While I'm readin the ingredients,,,she slipped off slick as glass,,,dang it,,,
  Took a couple of bottles home and it pretty good on hot toast with some melted butter,,,I'm gonna try some bacon on it tamarrow,,,,,,Clap small world,,,,
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:11pm
Easy on the Sugar there Pal.

[TUBE]spaPETdoRVM[/TUBE]

But no bouncing ball for ya. Thumbs Up

Edited by chaskaduo - 24 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
 Hey Thanks Chask,,,that right there is a great oldie,,,,now  I'll be hummim it all day too,,,,,ClapClap
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 11:14pm
Here's something else to put in your coffee cup, real butter. 
My doc buddy told be about this last night. 
I'd guess butter it to your taste. 
Said that I could drink my coffee at night like this and still be able to go to sleep, even though I'd still get the other normal effects of coffee.
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:00am
Joe...the perk-o-later pots are back in the camping/hunting area of wally world.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:15am
Is that the back lot Shammers?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:46am
naw Chaz...but it is in the back of the store! lol
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:18am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Joe...the perk-o-later pots are back in the camping/hunting area of wally world.

OK,,Shameless,,,I had not been to the walmart in Carlsbad in a long time, so After I left the hospital after visitin Joyce, I went there to go have a look see before headin home. The home kitchen stuff is at front of that store so I walked up and down the two isles,,,but they did not have a single percolater style coffee maker but bout 43 of the newer ones. I'll go have a look see in sporting goods after tonight's visit.Clap 
 I'm really likin the cinniman/coffee and tried puttin the 1/2 ciniman stick in the filter, but wound up puttin it in the glass thingie and lettin the hot coffee do it's magic to it,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:06am
maybe you should puts a bunch of ciminum powder in your mouth and then you can drink the coffee and have the ciminum already there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic