This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT 190 oil lines uder valve cover!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishtech43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT 190 oil lines uder valve cover!!
    Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:09pm
Hi everyone! thanks up front. I bought a basket case last winter.It is a 1969 I think AC XT 190 Diesel. I rebuilt motor,New sleeves,pistons,rings,ect. i even had $600 in head. Ok , I have all back together except, I dont have the oil line under valve cover that feeds the rocker arms.Most I have seen,have a line that connects to head,and goes to rocker arm shaft. I guess they are hollow,for oil to run through to oil rockers..This one Is not like that.It has a oil line  male connection under vavle cover,and has 6 oil line connections by the rocker arm bolts.they are female. I take it a line runs from head and down the rocker arms full length,and T`s into each 6 connections! Im stumped.Is this a later head on the XT or what..Thanks Guys....Dave
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:30pm
Every rocker arm support has a hole (because they are all the same part) but only use the rear for oil feeding in (from the rear of the cylinder head) and the front to return oil to the camshaft area up front. Two oil lines.... not several.
dishtech43 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishtech43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:04pm
Ok Ill look at this.But I dont think my rocker arm shaft is hollow! Ill go check it to day.IF it does,,I guess I would plugg the other holes.Thank you
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishtech43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:25pm
I took alook at it again. Each rocker arm Bolt that holds the rocker arm assembly down has a female treaded hole in them,they are 6 of them all across the assembly.It looks like an oil line screws into each of them..I checked the # on head,and it shows it is a late model XT190 head. just can figure it out..see if I can post a pic of it.thanks Dave
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:52pm

If you really look, there isn't any holes in the hollow rocker arm shaft except for the very front and the rear like I said in my earlier post. Each rocker arm support has a hole because they are all the same part in all six locations but only actually use the holes in the front and rear.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishtech43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:37am
Yep.Got it! thanks alot..just had to adjust the holes straight...the other 4 dont have holes in them,simple now that I look better..thanks alot..she fired right up first crank over,,couldnt beleive it.must have fired on the oil that we lubed the cylinder walls with..no priming.haa  wants to run.thanks again.....Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic