This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB :616-620 stator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB :616-620 stator
    Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm
I need a new or good stator for a 616-620.Thanks tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:04am
I have one off a 16 hp onan.Flywheel also if needed for the swap.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 7:52pm
Just make sure the used stator you buy is serviceable.  I bought one from a member that was supposed to be good, paid some good $ for it, but is not serviceable.  Had to install and try to find out. Then, paid a lot of money for a new Onan rectifier and regulator, thinking that it couldn't be the stator, but still do not have a working charging system.

This happened a couple years ago, and I have stuck so much money in the charging system, that I have given up.  Just charge the battery every so often, and don't use the lights.
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:46pm
with  that onan engine most guys will tell you it ain't available.    try a marine dealer,  lots of them in   marine generators, and  semi reefer units.
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:00pm
I would buy a new one. Don't want the headache of having one that doesn't charge. Been charging my battery too long!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 3:11pm
Tracy, I have a new one I bought years ago and did not use. Have you got one yet? I will find it tomorrow, I'm sure I put it somewhere. Scott
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 4:35pm
Scott, that would be great. Tracy
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 10:11pm
The Onans on our tractors use the 2 wire stator which I have been told is 20 amp, as there are some out there that fit with 1 wire, which I have been told is 15 amp and not enough for our tractors.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 5:25am
The Wico Alternator/Stator system (which is the 20 amp system) has two yellow wires coming off the Stator to the VR.  The Phelon Alternator system (which is the 15 amp system) has two WHITE wires coming off the Stator. The identification problem sometimes is tough to tell which system is on the engine because the heat fades the Yellow wires and makes them look White!  Urgh! Then it makes you not sure what you have till you test it. According to the service manual, the systems are tested at 3600 rpm. The other problem with trying to ID the system is there's no specific model that had one specific system on it. All models from the 616-720 could've had either system on it the way I'm reading it in the service manual....  Sheesh!     HTH
Steve@B&B

39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

The Wico Alternator/Stator system (which is the 20 amp system) has two yellow wires coming off the Stator to the VR.  The Phelon Alternator system (which is the 15 amp system) has two WHITE wires coming off the Stator. The identification problem sometimes is tough to tell which system is on the engine because the heat fades the Yellow wires and makes them look White!  Urgh! Then it makes you not sure what you have till you test it. According to the service manual, the systems are tested at 3600 rpm. The other problem with trying to ID the system is there's no specific model that had one specific system on it. All models from the 616-720 could've had either system on it the way I'm reading it in the service manual....  Sheesh!     HTH
Steve@B&B

Will a 20 amp stator work in a 15 amp system safely? If not, what would need to be changed? Thanks Tracy
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 6:09am
Not sure Trac. I think the 20 amp system has more magnets on the flywheel used with the 20 amp rated stator. I'm not 100% on that though..
Steve
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:38am
I have had a 620 and 720 but cannot recall if there was a electric clutch on the PTO or not , could that be the difference in needing 15 or 20 amps? Scott
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:48am
Is the front and rear PTO controlled with the same clutch?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Not sure Trac. I think the 20 amp system has more magnets on the flywheel used with the 20 amp rated stator. I'm not 100% on that though..
Steve
Steve, reason I was asking is I have a 620 engine in a 616 tractor. I want to do the same for another one.How much for a wiring harness for 620? Thanks Tracy
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 12:00pm
The complete system for the 620/720 runs $325.+ the ride. There's pics of it on our website.
Steve
bb-customcircuits.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic