Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: 190xt Hydraulic hoses to and fro oil cooler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: 190xt Hydraulic hoses to and fro oil cooler
    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:50pm
Just acquired a 1965 190xt and got it running. Due to the fact that it has been sitting for many years the upper hydraulic line where it attaches to the hydraulic oil cooler ruptured.  I am in search of replacements for both the upper and lower lines/hoses so I can get the old tractor going.  Any suggestions for a replacement alternative would be appreciated as well.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:35pm
Just get you some new hydraulic hoses made, and you will be good to go
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:39pm
That's what dad did with his. Worked till he sold it many years later.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 22 Apr 2018 at 9:39pm
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm
If you have the old lines, take them to a good local hydraulic shop and they can bend you up a new steel line based on the old lines.  They will look better than flexible hoses dangling all over the place.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '61 D15d, '66 D15II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVd, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '85 6080
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:20am
A few years back, a guy on the forum here needed one of them lines, (the one that most commonly gets a hole in it from rubbing) so he posted on here if there was any interest in them, because the more of them he had made, the cheaper the price. He must have sold several of them, because I got one for "just in case mine started leaking", and price was pretty reasonable. Mine did start leaking, and I put the new one on. I think the forum member who headed up the project was Jim Wenig, but I am not 100% sure. Hopefully, he'll chime in. Darrel
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

A few years back, a guy on the forum here needed one of them lines, (the one that most commonly gets a hole in it from rubbing) so he posted on here if there was any interest in them, because the more of them he had made, the cheaper the price. He must have sold several of them, because I got one for "just in case mine started leaking", and price was pretty reasonable. Mine did start leaking, and I put the new one on. I think the forum member who headed up the project was Jim Wenig, but I am not 100% sure. Hopefully, he'll chime in. Darrel

I wish that guy would've had more than 5 made!  They sold out in pretty short order. I had those made by Mid-State Sales in Columbus, OH. Can't say enough good about them. They were very helpful and the end product was spot on. I sent them my old line, they gave me a quote for one and a quote for 5+. It was quite a bit cheaper per piece to go with the 5 pieces. I kept 2 and sold the rest basically at cost plus shipping. Everyone won. I've had them make a couple lines for the 220 as well, selling the extras to Forum members. I like to keep things as original as possible when doing a repair. The line for the early 190XT I had made was the line from pump to cooler which ran through a space on bottom left corner of radiator. There are two different series of oil coolers used on that tractor so using Part Numbers would be the best way to ID the line you need, or have to sell if you get extras made. You can go to AGCO Parts Book online to get the P/N. Mine was P/N 70246307.
chuck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:12pm
Was going to chime in and say I believe there was at least a couple different oil cooler's my 190 serial # 10,000 has a wider one than my other 190 with serial # 13 thousand something it is half as wide or tall as the earlier one. I do have a set of lines I think for the narrower one. Which should be the later style.
chuck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:18pm
Just looked in the agco parts books they changed on serial #23001 so one of mine must of been changed at one time. Not sure which is the early or later one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic