This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WooHoo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 4:35am
 I would think if you gots that many coons around the place,,you could put an ad in the paper  advertisin "Huntin By the Day" startin at ,,,,say,,,,,$25/Day/Gun. You could call it "practicin for the hunts" and make you some serious money,,,,,??Clap
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:33am
Game Parks won't lets me do that...already tried! I did tell the great white deer hunters they could also shoot all the coons, coyotes, and foxes they see! the highway gits most of the coons, and the last week it gots 4 of them! ain't seen no foxes for awhile, I think they moved on as there ain't no more rabbits to be found here anymore. the coyotes are still in the area, but they can't jump this fence. have a coon hunter across the road that runs dogs, and I always gave him permission to hunt them coons every year, until I found out he was planting coons out there so he would have plenty to hunt! he no longer gets to hunt this property because of that! I live trapped several earlier this year and took them up to the stockholders place and another buddy's place and across the river to IA.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:40am
Your buddy is a coon hunter or he is not that much of a buddy. 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 9:23am
Shameless if you eats the chickens the coons are SOL and your full.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Shameless if you eats the chickens the coons are SOL and your full.
I think Shameless already let the coon get the chicky so it's eat coon or road trip to somebody Winkelse chicken pen. So who is the first he will come toConfused????????????
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Bait that tap with a 3 chocolate donuts out of the $1 bag at Dollar General then give him some 2200 ft/sec lead poisoning. Guarantee he won't come back. And if he does, give him the damn chicken
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
i'm gonna hafta make/build a chicky run with a chain link cover on top I guess! we both love the chickys running around the yard all day long, just hard to keep them safe at night even inside a building! guess i'll hafta build a new nesting hut too!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:44pm
The coons are as full of shenanigans as anything around, you included. The seems where the wire edges meet needs to be good.

I built my mother a little 10 x 20 pen shed. We used chicken wire on 3 sides and the wire had a good overlap in the middle. So only tied it every foot. But after some years something was getting in dining on chicken and leaving again and no wholes anywhere. Darned coon got his nose in between the 2 wires of overlapping wire and the rest followed. But one night he over eat or something and I got there with shotgun before he got away.

Yes cheap cost a few chickens should of put another 2x4 in the side and stapled the overlapping wires down.  But in my defense I was lucky the old man got new chicken wire as all wood was "reclaimed" as well as tin roof.

Maybe you need to get county governmentConfused to build chicken pen, if your a keeping critters they catch. The Fruit LoopsConfused here are talking $30 or $40 million  for a new animal shelter here.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:29pm
Something was getting our chickens when I was 13. I ended up following a sparse blood and a feather once in a while trail out to the road by the end of the drive way. Went and got a flash light shined it in the culvert as no light shown thru from other side. Sure enough orange red eyes staring back, 3 rounds of Thendrix 2200 ft/sec lead poisoning (.22) later no red eyes. Nailed a 12 and 8 ft 2x4 together and pushed out the biggest striped polecat I ever seen. No more Chickens lost.

Edited by chaskaduo - 15 Oct 2018 at 1:30pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic