This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

woohoo...i dun gots...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: woohoo...i dun gots...
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
my taters planted today! only planted to red ones this year...they seem to taste the bestest to us.
Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 9:42pm
the dogs will love them. Darrel
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:06pm
I had a dog that would jerk sweet corn stalks out by the roots drag them into the yard then lay down beside them and start feasting. I never said a word to him because he sure wasn't wasting them. Until I caught him in the act it was a bit of a dilemma though.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 2:39am
I gots them hopefully ina dog proof tub...otherwise....yeah....the one will dig them up like she did the last time!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:20am
Well teach her to dig the taters and bring them to the house!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:12pm
If you can teach the dog to make French fries you'll be way ahead of the game.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:10am
been thinking of taking some of my livestock water tanks and using them for raised beds, thinking if I take the drain plug out and set them at an angle, they should drain out? hate to puts a bunch of holes in the bottom of good tanks! some are just a year old. anyone use them for their garden stuff?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:28am
Got some old stock tanks that I filled with old manure and hay/bedding, they work great don't have to bend over so far either....
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:40am
yeah...I thought of filling the bottom 2/3 rds with old hay or straw then peat or a mix of peat and dirt above that.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

been thinking of taking some of my livestock water tanks and using them for raised beds, thinking if I take the drain plug out and set them at an angle, they should drain out? hate to puts a bunch of holes in the bottom of good tanks! some are just a year old. anyone use them for their garden stuff?

Gees if you ask I am sure someone would trade you. I still have some with wholes I would be glad to trade.Here some of the Snowflakes will even pay cash for old tanks. But I have given up on them tin jobs. The new plastic ones even big ones seam to last better. I want some cement ones for here at home where I have not plan to ever move. The price is about the same as tin or plastic.

But yes old tanks make great raised beds. The round ones get a little hard to get crop from the middle when you don't want to stomp the outside plants.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic