This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 5:53pm
Can't seem to find them
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:16pm
Your right hunter... dont seem to be able to find a 2-1/2 inch ENERGY Hyd cylinder.. There are 3 and 4 inch , but no 2.5 inch...  I have bought packing from ALLEGHENY before.. You might have to call them or send them a note and they can "make up" a kit from parts. ... This is what your packing set looks like.. but THIS IS THE WRONG SIZE... second photo is other TYPES of packing that they sell for cylinders..

Edited by steve(ill) - 23 May 2022 at 10:18pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:22pm
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:51am

hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:53am
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 8:17am
No clue what any of these numbers are
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:16am
Those numbers are all CAST into the parts.. They are part numbers for that part. Not cylinder numbers... Probably not much use.. I think you are going to have to go with a GENERIC kit... You could go the the local Tractor Shop, or talk to a PACKING Distributor on line... They are going to want to know the diameter of the piston, how deep the groove is and how wide the groove is that the packing will fill... Also, is there a nut that holds a two piece piston together so you can slide in the packing, or do you have to STRETCH the packing over the piston... If they knew these numbers, they could make up a GENERIC packing set for you..... If you went to a local shop, take the piston so they can see it... You could go to a Bobcat, Case, Bearing House, etc... any body that sells packing.

Edited by steve(ill) - 24 May 2022 at 9:17am
Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 10:16am
something to checkā€¦
make sure the pigtail of the condenser and/or any portion of the points terminal is not inadvertently grounding out to the side of the distributor housing.
Ask me how I know.

hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 10:36am
What
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:42am
sorry, I was responding to the earlier posts re the tractor not starting
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 12:27pm
Yea hunter.... you started this post a year ago about a wiring problem..You have 8 pages, 220 posts, and 10,000 lookers...... Once that is fixed, most of us like to move on to the next topic... Start one about hydraulics, or the pto , or tires and rims, etc...... You started a new topic on the D12 motor... that was a good idea... Once you figure out some type of packing kit, it might be time to start a new post about where you got it,  how you rebuilt the cylinder, how it works after rebuild, etc...... then on to the NEXT PROBLEM !  Wink

Edited by steve(ill) - 24 May 2022 at 12:30pm
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 12:32pm
Ok
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 1:48pm
Just wondering what might be wrong if anything with the charging system.

The first battery Just went bad before I got the tractor started.

Now I have a new battery but I have to jump it every time and it seems more drained every time I use it.

Maybe it just needs to sit on the charger overnight.

Maybe the generator needs cleaned. Maybe the relay is bad. I know the wiring is not the problem, I have made sure it is hooked up correctly.
The more I fix the more problems I seem to find.

It's getting frustrating because I think I almost have it fixed
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:09pm

Use a volt meter to measure the battery before starting, then measure the battery while running. If charging the second reading should be higher voltage, just like trying to pump up a tire.

If it's not reading higher then measure at the generator and points between to identify where the problem is at.

hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:42pm
Where are the points
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 4:31pm
charge up the battery real good..

measure the voltage at the battery before you start ... then again when the tractor is running , to see if the generator is charging..

I thought this was 6 volt system in the beginning, then you started using a 12 volt battery to get it to run ?  Is the NEW battery a 6 volt ?  

hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:13pm
Yes it is back to 6 volt.

When the 12 volt was hooked up only the battery cables and a jumper wire to the coil where hooked up
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:55pm
OK.... so if you have 6 volts the battery will put out about 6.2 volts just setting... and when you start the tractor, the generator will start putting out about 7 volts at the battery. You could measure that....

If your battery is full and is discharging while setting, the most probably cause is the CUTOUT box on your generator..... After charging and running, SHUT the tractor off, then pull the "A" wire off the generator and cover it with tape... Then see if the battery discharges after setting a few days.......... Your CUTOUT may not be working right.

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 May 2022 at 6:56pm
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 11:09am
Which one is the A wire
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:27pm
the generator should have 2 terminals and they were originialy stamped "F" and "A".. you might be able to see that looking close... Other wise, the "A" goes to your cutout ( or regulator) and the "F" goes to the light switch and is grounded there.
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 8:58pm
The generator thing us broken. Where can I get a new one
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:35pm
what is broken ?  the generator or the cutout box ?   what exactly is " broken".
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:04pm
The cutout box
Couldn't remember what It was called
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 9:05am
the cutout is just an ON- OFF switch... It is OFF when the tractor is OFF and it is ON when the tractor is running.... You can start the tractor, then take the IN and OUT wires of the CUTOUT and twist them together for contact... Then see if you have any generator output... If your cutout is "broke" in the ON position, then it will charge, but will also DISCHARGE when the tractor is setting OFF....leave the IN and OUT wires APART after you test, so the battery will not discharge.

You can buy a Mechanical CUTOUT or you can be an Electronic CUTOUT... Like i said, it is basically just an  ON- OFF switch... with the wire cut, the battery should not discharge.

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 May 2022 at 9:12am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 9:10am
There are a dozen different places that sell CUTOUTS for $18 - 30..... If you want a Quick Fix, just take the wire off the generator and tape the bare end... Charge the battery with a portable charger and it should be good for a month...  You can buy a Cutout later.

hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 9:38am
Ok thanks so much.
meritape View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meritape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 7:54am
The best heating method today is concealed copper wiring. Aluminum can be substituted for it - copper wins in price and quality. Speaking of cost, it is worth noting that the rates for copper wiring are higher, but the period of use is longer. Therefore, the replacement will eventually be financially justified. But if you have aluminum wiring, it should be upgraded. I recently did this because my house is old, and I decided to do it so I wouldn't have any short circuits in the future.

Edited by meritape - 16 Jun 2022 at 5:02pm
hunter321 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:34pm
I think I have fixed the problems.

I only need the temp gauge and the friction blocks.

Can I rough up the old blocks and be fine.

Is the temp gauge 100%
Needed.
Starting to run out of money for parts and trying to only get what is nessicary

Also I lost one of the wheel lock bolts and they are a little expensive, can I make my own
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 4:12pm
You dont need a temp gauge... Im not sure what you are calling the FRICTION BLOCK, but if the motor turns over and starts and runs, then you probably dont need the "BLOCK"... You really dont need a generator , just charge the battery once a month... The generator can be a belt tensioner only...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:18pm
hunter may be referring to the friction block on the throttle quadrant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic