This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winter go away

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter go away
    Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:28pm
who is tired of winter 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
Sponsored Links

acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:31pm
me , here in TN its was great last week and week before but then( we must have made the man upstairs mad lol we are sorry lol we offer many other brand tractors maybe a JD lol) i think its 39 right now and raining lol snowed a little at school today it sucks
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:41pm
Im ready for warm weather!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
TractorKidPA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TractorKidPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:51pm
Im ready for the warmth. Up here in PA raining right now supposed to change over to snow after midnight, 6-8 inches expected.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:57pm
Won't be long before we are all whining about how hot it is! Most of my life I was a cold weather person....but last couple of years I just haven't been able to get warm enough. I guess it's old age
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:24pm
We have had Robins for almost a month, and today I heard my first mourning dove of the spring!  Winter can not hold on much longer, can it?
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:27pm
I agree D21man.....It was a cold and drizzly day here in Franklin - Middle TN. I am hoping that the time change this weekend will kick start the old sun and warm things up a bit. I see that next week we should see some 70 degree days. Long live summer!!!

Jeff
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:50pm
It hit 37 today friday maybe 40/45 that will be nice been below zero most of the winter . Last week it was below zero a couple of times in the morning. So yes I am sick of it have about 20" of snow to melt so it will be awile till field work.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:57pm
Easter flowers started blooming 2 weeks ago and I mowed the yard last week to even the grass up, and tilled the garden even though it was a mud ball, but it sure felt like winter today with the 30s and high wind. 
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:05pm
I was born March 23 54 the story is to get mother and I home a week later from the hospital dad and neighbors cleared the road by hand due a later snow storm I remember that like it was yesterday lol. Usually we go through three spring thaw cycles which we've had Next week the forecast is 50 F next Wednesday amen 

Morley     
TractorKidPA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TractorKidPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by omahagreg omahagreg wrote:

We have had Robins for almost a month, and today I heard my first mourning dove of the spring!  Winter can not hold on much longer, can it?
Doves are migratory and in my region they didnt migrate at all.
Allis Chalmers 5050
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:12pm
North East Ohio expecting 12+ inches of snow.  We'll see if weather forcasters are overly optimistic.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:12pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:21pm
I agree with you Lou, must be old age.  I can't warm up and in the summer I don't care when it is 100 out.  Feels good!!  We still have upwards of 2 feet of snow on the ground.  Just got over 4.2 inches Wednesday.  Supposed to snow again tomorrow night into Friday.  Then again Sunday night.  It won't let go, but I'm all for EVICTION!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:35pm
Ted, if the weatherman is right it will gone next week 
Morley 
Clay in MI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:49pm

I put 70 miles on the snowmobile after work today.  Trails are in great shape.  We still have a month of winter and then 4 months of rough sledding.

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm
Rain all day today, tons of snow in the mountains.  Last year I was tilling already, it will be awhile yet this year. Hopefully summer will get here faster than last year.....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:58pm
Clay will you catch much of this snow 
Morley 

bwp View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:36pm
What!?!?!? You mean you guys aren't having sunny 65 degree weather? What is that white stuff everyone is always complaining about. :)
JeffHillNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffHillNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 12:19am
Boys around here have been cutting and chiseling cotton ground for two weeks, daytime temps 50-60 degees.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 12:48am
tired of winter too...but now, i'm gittin tired of all the mud! and my ole lady....oooops..i mean my loving wife is gittin spring fever!! that means extra work for me!! pffft!
swit View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 3:59am
last year when we finishing up the 2010 beet crop the farmers were all ready started working the ground getting ready to put in the 2011 crop he we are finishing in 2 more weeks the ground is still froze snow on the ground we are a couple weeks ahead of last year but still old man winter is not letting go
smokey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 4:00am
Yep any time now, winter storm warning till 5:pm today 4-7 in snow!
I have seen 4 Robins, the glad's have been out of the ground for 2 weeks, and I have put the snomobile away twice, they was planting suger beets last year March 24th I don't see that happening this year, but the till mains are running for the most part so it won't take long and we'll be going.
Every year is different globel warming you know L.O.L !!!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 7:11am
blizzard warning for this afternoon. Has been cold was -13F wensday. and snowy. spring has to come sometime.
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 8:23am
Let's see, If the groundhog doesn't see his shadow, Spring is right around the corner.  If he sees his shadow, six more weeks of winter, if he has his head up his *, 2011.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 8:28am
I know what you mean Dave. South wind today is plugging most of the roads tight again. Scared that this winter is gonna push into march far enough that the temps will do a sudden flip. All the snow will melt at once and then we will have a mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic