This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter fuel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter fuel
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:13pm
You guys got the #1 fuel blended in the diesel tank? I done mine yesterday and moved the 200 and the skid loader closer to the shed so I can plug them in if needed. Dang it, I forgot to put the bale stabber on the 200 today. Been cutting up a big old elm tree that died probably 10 years ago. Boy that darn thing is hard. And its over 3' across down at the base. In gonna go down to moms next week and see of I can find dads 2 cylinder JD chain saw. He always liked it. He said it had plenty of low end torque. I might have to run straight old unleaded gas in it. I've been running e15/Mix in my echo saw.
Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:35pm
I haven't bought any #1 diesel in quite a few years. I have a 100 gallon service tank that I fill up in town for my tractors/payloader. Before I fill the service tank, I dump in about a half a jug, all of the way up to a full jug sometimes when it's really cold, of Howes or Stanadyne diesel conditioner. Haven't gelled up yet. I run a light dose of conditioner year around, too, just to keep things clean and well lubricated. darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:32pm
I too haven't bought any #1 for many years. I use some of that Howes and 911 stuff, must work, I haven't gel'd anything for many years. hey Tom...just shove an old fiberglass boat under that tree trunk and set it afire. it'll take care of that, then gather up the glass strands and the next time you pour concrete, sprinkle them glass strands in the mix.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 2:03pm
Had one of them big maple trees in yard probably 4' at base - my 20" bar would not reach center - ended up cutting chunks out of it until i could get deep enough into it to cut that last foo of the core . Then took the excavator and took out stump as roots were clogging sewer line - when I dug up sewer line there were roots into city sewer line that were 2" in diameter and about 20 ft long - them and just loads of hair roots also . 
that old cast iron and clay joints let roots enter easily - city inspector said he never seen that much root without the main plugging . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 3:38pm
Coke, you need to digest your food more and leave nothing for them trees. Wink Yeah I tried it and it didn't work for me either. Had to take out a Maple and a Linden, grind the stump down and poison em, roto root twice, took care of it. Ya know, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go, can't be worrin bout the drain. Thumbs Up Now as for diesel fuel, I don't use it. but I have about 5 gallons of Justice Bro's conditioner I got for free, I've used it in my kerosene torpedo to clean it up after I borrowed it out and they used cheap diesel in it, and it was cloggin and spittin a smoky storm. Worked great.

Edited by chaskaduo - 09 Nov 2019 at 4:17pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:32pm
Reminds me, NEED to get my Farm Tank refilled.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 9:25pm
Guys, I hope that stuff continues to keep you running.    Many years ago, I had tree roots in the septic tank drain lines plugging it up. I put some root killer in the tank and killed a whole line of young elm trees in the fence row. They made good firewood. Since then the complete system has been redone. Son just left. He told me he borrowed my chain saw and it now needs to have both of the chains sharpened. Guess I can't complain too much. They just hand split about 1/2 load of wood tonight.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:43am
Been using TORDON and another product Triclopyr to remove Honey Locust trees, kill them and their roots systems only problem is any OTHER tree in contact with those roots also dies, oh well. Once I get enough of them DEAD then will start the push outs. Honey Locust rots pretty quick where the main trunk will rot away from the roots when dead in less than a few years.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic