This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will these fit in a B light bucket?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will these fit in a B light bucket?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 2:57pm
Trying to find out if these will work in a stock B light housing?
http://www.tractorpartsasap.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=127096

Thanks
Sponsored Links

skeeters65 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 7:25am
Anyone?
Larry in NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 7:56am
I would not think so.  Regular sealed beams will not work and this is a replacement for those.  The glass lens and rubber gasket are needed so the retainer can be tightened on the B headlights.  
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:01am
You can buy an LED bulb that will fit the original light socket .
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:10am
mdm1 made some sealed beams fit on his 45, but he had hose that he split around the outer edge to keep em from rattling and hold tight.  I'll be LED bulbs would be cheaper that would fit right into your existing socket.  I'm not sure of the number, but if you do a search for ( 1157 LED ) you'll come up with something.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
skeeters65 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:27am
It would be an 1156. 1157 is a dual filament.

I pulled my lights apart and the wiring and reflectors or pretty much junk. Figured those would be just as cheap as new reflectors, wiring and LED bulbs.

Nothing is easy OR cheap.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:59pm
I have 12 volt sealed beam bulbs that fit behind the stock glass lenses on my CA. Shot a little expanding foam behind the bulb to keep it from rattling around.  Nice bright lights for sure.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 10:19pm
I used a couple of the rubber housing work lights to get the 4411 sealed beams in my CA. I just trimmed them to fit the housings without the original lenses.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic