Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why TRUMP will be reelected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why TRUMP will be reelected
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:27am
(CNN)Come November, half of America will be delighted by the election results, and half will be dismayed.
But unless the Electoral College ends in a tie, no one should be surprised by the outcome. That's because this election is likely to be close, and it's fully plausible either candidate could win.
Pollsters are consistently telling us Democratic nominee Joe Biden is far ahead. I'm not looking to pick a fight, as their sample sizes are much larger than mine. That said, as a focus group moderator, I'm hearing strong support for President Donald Trump from a critical sliver of the electorate.
For reference, focus groups are early-detection systems of shifting public opinion. Before something important appears in polling, it often bubbles up first in focus group conversations.
    And, each month for the past 17 months, I've had a unique window into the Americans largely responsible for giving the president his slim Electoral College victory: so-called "Obama-Trump" swing voters across the upper Midwest.
    Our Swing Voter Project has uncovered that many of these people, who live in places such as Canton, Ohio; Davenport, Iowa; Erie, Pennsylvania; and Macomb County, Michigan, prefer Trump over Biden. In fact, 22 of 33 respondents in these four most recent locations feel this way.
    And over the first year of the project, from March 2019 through February 2020, more than two-thirds of the "Obama-Trump" voters said they would take Trump over Obama in a hypothetical match-up.
    While most are still in Trump's camp, they cannot be counted on to support the incumbent. After all, they made a big leap between 2012 and 2016, and could do so again in 2020. Additionally, many of these voters have yet to hear Biden make his case, and some may still be impacted by the economic and health consequences of the pandemic.
    Beyond the numbers, though, it's critical to understand why so many of them continue to support Trump.
    They think a businessman is best suited to turn the country around economically. They feel Covid-19 was not Trump's fault, and he's doing the best he can to contain it. They conflate the Black Lives Matter protesters with the rioters attacking federal buildings and retail shops. They don't want historic monuments torn down. And they dismiss defunding the police as ridiculous.
    These voters tell me they want America finally to be put first; they oppose immigration and trade policies they say give benefits to foreigners at their expense. And they want a non-politician who relentlessly fights back, after witnessing too many office holders fold in the face of special interests.
    These voters may sound like typical Fox News watchers, but, significantly, the overwhelming majority are not. Many are, instead, people who get their news disproportionately from local television, regional websites and Facebook. Compared to the kinds of people who seek out news from national cable channels, many swing voters reside in a national politics desert.
    In short, while America's political media generate a pipeline's worth of information daily, these swing voters consume merely a trickle.

Worse for the former vice president, several told me Biden would be a "puppet" of others if he were elected. That's because many are convinced he has "dementia," and they mocked him after seeing videos of his misstatements online.
    That said, these voters are under no illusions about Trump's shortcomings. They hate the tweeting, but some tolerate it as the price for hiring the relentless fighter they want. As one woman in Edina, Minnesota, told me, Trump makes her feel "confident, but sometimes a little cringe-worthy."
    In January 2016, I made a bet with a client that Trump would be the GOP nominee, when no one had yet voted. My client thought I was crazy, and even remarked, "Just to be clear, you get Trump, and I get the 16 other candidates?" After Trump won the nomination, my client thought I was a genius. I'm far from it, but I'm a pretty good listener.
    What I heard was a certain candidate for president sounding exactly like the center-right focus group respondents I'd been interviewing for nearly 15 years. They and Trump shared the same grievances about America's decline and expressed them in a similarly simple and straight forward way. No other politician came close in terms of expressing what these people truly felt.
    This year, Trump will not be able to vilify Biden. These swing voters do not dislike Biden the way they still dislike Hillary Clinton. And, so, Trump is taking a different approach, casting doubt on Biden by focusing on questions of his mental acuity and verbal mistakes. And he will likely get far by alleging Biden's lifetime in politics has not having yielded a single, career-defining achievement.
    Knowing this, how might Biden respond? For one, he shouldn't expect former President Barack Obama to be much help with these "Obama-Trump" voters. It says a lot about a voter if he or she migrated from Obama to Trump; many were eager to part ways with a president of whom they grew tired.

Biden's challenge, then, is to win over people whose lives don't revolve around breaking political news. Come Election Day, these swing voters' decisions will hinge on whether they're better off than they were four years ago.
      For now, most have told me they are, even while acknowledging the country is worse off. Yet, if they see their personal circumstances darken and feel the weight of the economic downfall, the president's election chances may grow slimmer, too.
      For those of us who follow politics closely, my admonition is: Pay a lot of attention to those voters who don't pay much attention at all. They may be telling us something very important.

Edited by steve(ill) - 01 Aug 2020 at 9:31am
      Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
      Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:45am
      The Obummer is being blasted by the likes of MLKs niece as to his 'Using the Eulogy at Lewis Funeral to deliver a Political Diatribe', Disgraceful and Distasteful accorded by a few Black Politicians also noting his rhetoric sets racial relations Black to White back to the 1960s levels.
      pinball View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:05pm
      i dont know if common sense could prevail in new york , california and the west coast but if it does trump will win in a landslide.  if you have any thought of the rule off law or you are for a good economy and overseas leader ship then your vote should be trump. you know what the other side stands for. whether you like the tweets, speaking ability or just dont lke trump as a man well thats a whole better than the alternative.
      DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:46pm
      Just read a post from a niece, she fell into the entire college indoctrination scam, loves liberals and liberalism, today she showed how insane she is by endorsing Stacey Abrams for Any posting she can attain.  Sad but true there are die hard and will not change Libretards out there that cannot be helped.
      steve(ill) View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:53pm
      Abrams is a BLACK WOMAN............. other than that, what qualifications does she have for ANY job above dog catcher ??
      Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
      DiyDave View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:07pm
      Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Abrams is a BLACK WOMAN............. other than that, what qualifications does she have for ANY job above dog catcher ??

I wouldn't trust her in that position! By the looks of her, she might eat 'em, too!Wink
      Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
      FREEDGUY View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:34pm
      Originally posted by pinball pinball wrote:

i dont know if common sense could prevail in new york , california and the west coast but if it does trump will win in a landslide.  if you have any thought of the rule off law or you are for a good economy and overseas leader ship then your vote should be trump. you know what the other side stands for. whether you like the tweets, speaking ability or just dont lke trump as a man well thats a whole better than the alternative.

Damn DUDE, with your spelling, it's no wonder why you're for the "orange faced/ goggle eyed" brat that will be "unemployed" after November WinkWink  BTW, I hope your wearing a mask in public, unlike the "powers-that-be " for now SmileSmile

Edited by FREEDGUY - 01 Aug 2020 at 5:58pm
      Grayray View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:00pm
      Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Damn DUDE, with your spelling, it's no wonder why your for the "orange faced/ goggle eyed" brat that will be "unemployed" after November WinkWink

And along comes the spelling and grammar Gestapo to make sure that everyone has their spelling grammar correct.  But damn DUDE, you should at least make sure that you get your sh!t right.  It's not YOUR, it's YOU'RE, a contraction for YOU ARE!  Your denotes possession, like in yours, mine, hers, his, ours, etc.  YOU'RE proof that everyone makes mistakes and that YOU need to be sure to get YOUR stuff right before YOU criticize someone else.
      Lars(wi) View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:20pm
      Dang, I didn’t realize this was English Composition 101, instead of a message board with electronic impulses showing on a screen.
      Where We Go One We Go All
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:25pm
      I try to miss spell a word here and there... It really PISSES the TUR'DS off !!!   LOVE IT !
      FREEDGUY View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:34pm
      Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Dang, I didn’t realize this was English Composition 101, instead of a message board with electronic impulses showing on a screen.

This is the problem with the USA, NO fathom of "ENGLISH COMPOSITION 101" !! If all you get is an electronic impulse to an Emoji, maybe the "over tweeter trump" can hook you up with the "latest and greatest" LOLLOLLOL

Edited by FREEDGUY - 01 Aug 2020 at 6:35pm
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:38pm
      Damn DUDE, with your spelling, it's no wonder why you're for the "orange faced/ goggle eyed" brat that will be "unemployed" after November WinkWink  BTW, I hope your YOU ARE wearing a mask in public, unlike the "powers-that-be " for now SmileSmile

FIXED it for you TUR'DIE !!!   Clap   Clap

Edited by steve(ill) - 01 Aug 2020 at 6:39pm
      DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:48pm
      And yes Steve Freedguy gets to watch in horror as the 'Orange Guy' serves another four year term.  As will the whining whimpering Dorf Empty and Tranny.

Edited by DMiller - 01 Aug 2020 at 7:49pm
      Grayray View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:22pm

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

This is the problem with the USA, NO fathom of "ENGLISH COMPOSITION 101" !! If all you get is an electronic impulse to an Emoji, maybe the "over tweeter trump" can hook you up with the "latest and greatest" LOLLOLLOL

Well, how convenient of you to ignore my post.  Again, if you had any knowledge of English composition 101, you would readily know the difference between your and you're.  
      DiyDave View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:46pm
      Poor old freedgas, a c student, with a napolean complex...Wink
      Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
      pinball View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:32pm
      i guess freedguy is for abortions' even after there born, believes in defunding the police, believes in sending work back to china, believes in higher taxes, believes in free money from the government, supports blm but we don't know what they have done to help the blacks.  probably heavy invested in the bicycle industry as cortez is going to stop making all cars so you all an ride them to work. i wont be.   believes in riots and people destroying other peoples property, spelling or not i  don't believe in that crap.  I think more of my granddaughters future that apparently you do your family's future.  guess he is a typical democrat for sure.   VOTE TRUMP 2020
      LouSWPA View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:09pm
      Originally posted by Grayray Grayray wrote:

Damn DUDE, with your spelling, it's no wonder why your for the "orange faced/ goggle eyed" brat that will be "unemployed" after November WinkWink

And along comes the spelling and grammar Gestapo to make sure that everyone has their spelling grammar correct.  But damn DUDE, you should at least make sure that you get your sh!t right.  It's not YOUR, it's YOU'RE, a contraction for YOU ARE!  Your denotes possession, like in yours, mine, hers, his, ours, etc.  YOU'RE proof that everyone makes mistakes and that YOU need to be sure to get YOUR stuff right before YOU criticize someone else.

X2 
      I am still confident of this;
      I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
      Wait for the Lord;
      be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
      LouSWPA View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:24pm
      Freedude, this is an informal means of exchanging thoughts and ideas. Generally speaking, all sorts of abbreviations and shortcuts are acceptable, and spelling is not high on the list of importance. The point is to get a thought out as quick as possible, not spend all night typing. That said, there are times when spelling is important, as well as proper grammar and or construction to convey they intended thought, but your nitpicking does not fall in that category. Give it a rest, as you so eloquently proved in your own post pointing out the splinter in ones eye, while processing a plank in your own, you are not perfect yourownself! and oddly enough, your faux pas fell in the category of need to be careful because because your (meaning possession), v you're, contraction for you are is a completely different meaning entirely! fortunately, most on here are smart enough to figure it out and let it pass......just sayin
      Wait for the Lord;
      LouSWPA View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:25pm
      Or, stated another way, stop throwing stones, you live in a glass house!
      Wait for the Lord;
      Animal Cracker View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:45am
      Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Or, stated another way, stop throwing stones, you live in a glass house!
      Right but maybe a glass house is a little out of reach for freebee.

Maybe this one    If you find yourself in a Hole,put down the shovel.
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:43am
      little TUR'DIE did his FLY BY.... Got his BUTT KICKED, then went away crying.... Standard TUR'D OPERATION.
      DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:49am
      SOP for a Tur'die, then again could be SAP for Standard Appearance Process for those SAPs.
      Steve in NJ View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:43am
      One word for him.  Dipsh*t. Typical TUR'D do as I say, not as I do.....
      39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
      TramwayGuy View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:58pm
      “.. guess freedguy is for abortions' even after there born, believes in defunding the police, believes in sending work back to china, believes in higher taxes, believes in free money from the government, supports blm but we don't know what they have done to help the blacks. probably heavy invested in the bicycle industry as cortez is going to stop making all cars so you all an ride them to work. i wont be.   believes in riots and people destroying other peoples property, spelling or not...”

What evidence do you have that any of that is true? Actually, do know of any person who believes in all that?   Or do you just make s**t up for effect?
      Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:08pm
      If you could  reason with a democrat, there  wouldn't be any democrats! Tracy
      No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
      TramwayGuy View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
      “ [Obama] is being blasted by the likes of MLKs niece as to his 'Using the Eulogy at Lewis Funeral to deliver a Political Diatribe', “

What do members of Lewis’s family say about Obama’s speech? Alveda King wasn’t related to Lewis, to the best of my knowledge. But she is a paid contributor to Fox news.

And there’s this (Wikipedia):
      “ [Alveda] King's goddaughter, Angela Stanton-King, was pardoned by President Donald Trump in February 2020 after having served two years in prison in the 2000s for her role in a car theft ring. Shortly afterwards, Stanton-King launched a campaign to challenge Rep. John Lewis for his seat in the House.”

Edited by TramwayGuy - 02 Aug 2020 at 1:10pm
      Gordy View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:31pm

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
      DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:56pm
      DMiller View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:03pm
      JC(WI) View Drop Down
      Orange Level
      Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:18pm
      an the liberals BS gets shredded...
       an to dam dum to comprehend it... .
      He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
      The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
       Post Reply Post Reply
        Share Topic