This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who's got big feets,,,,?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who's got big feets,,,,?
    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:14am

Well,,I expect I'll get some snickering on this one but it's worth a shot,,,,,,,Wink
 In the last year or so,,I been bothered more and more with ill fitting socks. I use regular 10 1/2" shoes, but I gots wide feet so I buy 10 1/2 4E shoes. I have not been having any luck finding some socks that don't bother my feets because they too tight and after a while start hurting  cause they are too dang tight,,!!
 I ordered some Extra Wide/extra thick  socks off Ebay that were not too bad but them sobs run up almost to my knees,,,,,and then bunch up around my ankles,,,PFFFFttt!!!Wink Kinda pricey as they was $32 for 3 pair. Went to walmart and got some Dickeys brand "work socks" that was susspossed to be of been for 12-15 shoe size ,,,but they was lying,,!! They are also  bout a mile LONG but very narrow and very tight on my feets,,,,,,Wink
 Anybody got any good hints on what they use,,,,?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:43am
Maybe look for a basketball player's specialty shoe store ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:42am
If you get that one solved Joe, let us know.

The last bulk pack I bought at Sam's had some flex in them, close but no bananas.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:10am
Best bet is to move up one size to 11D.

Had the same problem with thick socks. Moved from 12 to 13, with supplemental insole to fine tune the fit. Much better.

BTW, some years back, I also found out I had worn the wrong size shoes all my life. Fit is from heel to ball of your foot where it breaks, not to overall length.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:38am

Well,,,Modirt,,I DID buy the "Dickies" brand socks for 12-15 shoe size,,,and they were extra "long" but way too narrow,,,took them back and got the "Fruit Of The Look" brand socks also for 12-15 size shoe and they were same as the Dickies socks,,,,,
 Fixin to take them back this morning and try something else,,,maybe search for basketball socks,,that might be a try,,,,
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:43am
Socks probably not the problem. Move up one more boot size to give yourself room for it all. At least in winter when you need the thicker socks.

BTW, my cold feet problem surfaced a year ago, but has gotten worse.

Seems there is this thing called Raynaud's syndrome. I'd never heard of it, but seems I'm plagued with it. Some blood pressure meds I started taking this year exacerbate it.

Not much worse than wanting to be outside and active but unable to due to medical limitations. Getting old is not for wimps!!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
Alabama Sock Company, used them for years until finally a local started carrying boot socks for my size 14s.  They used to show a E-EE rated sock on their website, do not know if still do.
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:06am
Had that same problem but I found some at Costco that were kind of thick but not tight on your feet and real easy to slip on nice think they were only around $12 or 14 for 3 pair
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:35am
I wear a size 11 EEE work boot. I have found the Dr. Scholls cotton Diabetic sock to be the most comfortable and best wearing. I take blood pressure medication that has cold hands and feet as a side effect. I bought 2 pair of Alpaca boot socks that are $30 per pair. But they do keep my feet warm on cold days hunting deer or plowing snow!
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm
I buy mine at Rural King, They fit well and come in a pack of 6 size 13 to 15.  Like 6.99 for a pack.  I wear a 14 extra wide.  Very happy with them
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:40pm
Joe, several years ago, I bought some socks at a factory outlet store. They were named "The worlds Softest Sock". It took me over 10 years to wear them out. I had 12 pair. Not cheap if I ever get back to eastern IA I will get another dozen. These Walmart socks doo good if I get a year outta them. I used to buy size 12 d shoes but with the darn China made crap, I gotta buy 13's. I developed a heal spur on my left heel. Doc ask me what kind of shoes I have been buying. I told him the slipons from Walmart. He told me to burn them and get some AM made shoes. I went to the shoe store and bought 2 of the best pair of shoes they sell. End of heel spur problem.   100.00 a pair v/s 19.00 a pair was well worth it, no more heel pains. The only pain is the old gal, but I gotta go push snow now and don't have time to discuss that subject. We gots 6-8" already.
Leesok View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leesok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:24pm
You fellers with them big feet may want to steer clear of Oklahoma.
https://www.kten.com/story/43214783/oklahoma-lawmaker-proposes-bigfoot-hunting-season
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:36pm
my feet went from size 10-1/2 to size 14 since coming down with that diabetes chit. i can't wear socks no more, started with them that constrict the veins, they started to hurt ALOT, quit them. right now going without socks, and have been wearing them wally world slippers, but they hurt my back, got some slipper type shoes that have some lift and good tread somewhere, i can walk better on them and don't hafta worry much on slipping. so far my feet don't get cold, but then i'm not outside much and i really can't feel them right now. if one of the dogs steps on them, i DO feel that! Joe have you tried them copper fit socks yet?  
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm
Maybe a year ago I bought 3 10 packs of RW white work socks. Size 10-13. Paid $5.00 a pack at Menards so I got $.50 a pair in them. I wear a 13 boot so they're a little snug so no sliding down. Dress socks never wear out of course so at 73 I'm set for life on socks.  SO must be my word of the day!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:44pm

Well,,,lots of great info here,,!! 
  Dave,,I checked out "Alabama Wholesale Sock Co" and they only sell their socks by the dozen and do not list the 3W ones,,,,Rhanks
  Gordy, sounds good but we don't have any Costco around here,,,Thanks!!
  Wayne, The Rural King one sounds like what I want to look into!! I thought maybe TSC might also carry those socks you talkin bout but they don't,,!! Chit,,,I'm gonna call the closest Rural King store to me tamarrow ,,maybe they ship,,??
  Tom,,!!   You devil, you,,I just envy your "Devil May Care" attitude  towards that woman you sleep with,,,,,,LOLLOL You take care of her,,,,cause,,,cause  the next one might not be so easy on you,,,,,LOLWink
  Shameless,,,I think that is what is happening to my feets,,!! My feets were never this friggin wide till just a few years ago!!. I don't know bout them socks you talkin bout,,,,,I was lookin at an as bout some "MAGLIFE Bracelets" fro my hands and there was a "CAUTION" on there for users of Defibers, and pacemakers and,,,,and,,,I don't want nuttin messing with the one I gots,,,PFFFfffsha,,,!!
  Hey Wayne,,,do you remember what brand or style them socks you use are,,??
 Many THANKS for all this great info, Guys,,,,
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:52am
I wear size 10 1/2 EE western work boots, steel toe. I have good luck with Hanes crew socks.
As a side note, for years it was impossible to find a EE width steel toed boot. The all used D width steel toes, no matter what size the boot was. Double H now makes a ones that fit the boot.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:55am
Thorogood makes steel toe boots in triple e. Just in certain styles.

Edited by klinemar - 26 Jan 2021 at 6:55am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:10am

Well,,I just got off  phone with Customer Service at Rural King and,,,,,,and,,,the  lady tells me "due To Covid19 1/2" ,,,,they do NOT have any means of shipping out socks,,,,?? WTH,,?? Sent ole Wayne a PM,,maybe he can get me a number or somethingClapClap
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:52pm
 no more heel pains. The only pain is the old gal, but I gotta go push snow now and don't have time to discuss that subject................LOL.......Hug
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

no more heel pains. The only pain is the old gal, but I gotta go push snow now and don't have time to discuss that subject................LOL.......Hug

Yeah,,Steve,,,that dang Tom is a character ain't he,,,,,LOLLOL,,but,,I bet a dollar he would attack a grown grizzly,,was that bear tryin to hurt her,,,,ClapLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic