This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find fender mount flashers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find fender mount flashers?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:36am
Looking to replace the fender mounted flashing lights on the 200's and mount a couple on planter and sprayer, where is the best place to find them at a reasonable price?
Thanks
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:43am

I just saw some at TSC in IL, and the ones I bought are from Farm and Fleet. Don't know if those stores are in your area. They were around $6.00, and amber on both sides. they do have two elements, so they can be warning lights, as well as turn signals.

210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:00am
Don't forget Steve at B&B.  He has everything electrical.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:14pm

I use a Parmak HWL-150 for trailed implements and tractors with limited electrical systems. It has its own 6 volt lantern battery and it mounts in the same socket as a Slow Moving Vehicle sign would.  It's nice to not have to worry about wiring and whether the tractor has the right socket.  I believe some of the Amish and old order Mennonites use them on buggies.

Edit:  It looks like this:

Edited by BrettPhillips - 18 Jan 2010 at 12:24pm
bauerd44 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bauerd44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:19pm
Leon, I just replaced my flashers on my 175 with units I bought from Charlies Farm & Home in Wentzville.  They have two elements and I used the brightes element (red wire) so I would have the most lights.
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:11pm
I know you will think I am super cheap but I bought a set of these from Harbor Freight for the back of the hay rack.
12 Volt Magnetic Towing Light Kit
12 Volt Magnetic Towing Light Kit

Takes the hassle out of installing towing lights. Won't compromise safety.
  • Easily mounts to any tow vehicle
  • Scratch-resistant magnetic base
  • Ideal for towing applications up to 80" wide
  • Double-sided red brake lights and amber flashers

4-1/2" diameter polystyrene lenses; 20 ft. wiring harness with standard 4-pin connectors, 7 ft. between lights
Weight: 3 lbs.

ITEM 96933-1VGA

$26.99

$19.99   Email a FriendEmail link to a friend

Edited by dannyraddatz - 18 Jan 2010 at 1:12pm
Danny Raddatz
On-the_road_again View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On-the_road_again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:24pm
Harbor Freight ain't great but you can't beat the price  

Jim
TerryMO View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:22pm

Bauerd44    I SEE YOUR FROM WENTZVILLE ,THATS WERE I LIVE AND MY BOYS WORKED AT CHARLIES.  CALL ME SOME TIME AND WILL TALK TRACTORS. TERRY

Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:15pm
Thanks for the input everyone. I would like to try to get some lights that look close to the original double amber flashers as posible, at least for the fender mount and cab mount on both 200's. I'll see what I can come up with.
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 6:35pm

Leon, there is someone that always has flashers for sale on ebay.  I know that when you look up "Allis Chalmers"  there is always some listed for sale.  I will see if I can find them.  I don't know how close they will match up to your existing lights.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic