This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's your pride and joy tractor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 10:06pm
I just picked up a 1936 Farmall F-20 which will be my main show and parade tractor as it has always been my dream tractor.

On a sentimental level though I have to say that my pride and joy is my 1947 Farmall Super A Industrial. It was my first tractor and was the first repaint/restoration that I did with my dad so it holds a lot of good memories. Being the Industrial I have had some really good offers on it before but it has too much sentimental value to sell.
Sponsored Links

Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 10:09pm
1977 7060...Spent more time in that tractor than I did in class during high school...chrome straight pipe and blowing smoke. Remember plowing with 6-18's at night when you dropped her in she would belch out a flame. Still got it and its still tougher than any 4630 or 40 around.
jeffsh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 11:05am
my 55 G
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 5:13pm
My 1974 200 with cab and AC. One of the FEW tractors AC built with the throttle in the right place and the gated style PD control is the easiest to use ever on any AC tractor. Easy to work on and NO electronics or computers!! I ABSOLUTELY would not trade it for a new tractor of ANY brand.
David G. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 8:51pm
It would be very hard to pick just one, but I sure do enjoy my D19 diesel.
1terrygladys View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1terrygladys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 10:32pm
This is a great question, and interesting responses from everyone.  No question, mine is the WD-45 I grew up on.  1956 gas with factory power steering and 4-bolt wide front.  I did everything with that tractor - especially cultivating, haying, plowing and disking.  (Anyone remember cultivating small corn and running into patches of morning glories?  UGH!)  Dad even let me do a little planting with our AC 4-row!  This old gem sat by the creek for over 15 years, when Dad gave it to me.  Had a neighbor get her running, and another fellow paint her up.  I still use it a good amount every year, haying.  My number 2 is 1950 WD with char-lynn ps and narrow front.  Great hay raking tractor, and also use it with the AC rear blade in the lots.  
WD-45, WD, 35 Unstyled WC, 36 Unstyled WC, SC Disk, JD 4430D, JD 4010D, JD B, Iowa pastor & disciple of Jesus Christ
Ken(Bell.Wa) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(Bell.Wa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 12:45am
1937 Allis A we finished restoring 2 days before the Lynden gathering of the orange.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 10:36am
This one is my pet. Just need to get the brake job done.

Off color but pretty fond of my 1066 also.

ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:33pm
my 45 has always been my favorite.this was dad plowing at dale haymakers final show.

Edited by ac45dave - 31 Aug 2016 at 10:06am
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
CALEBnOK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALEBnOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 8:23pm
Have to be the '35 uc my grandfather farmed with.

The uc holds dearest my heart but my 1907 32hp Reeves might give the uc a run for its money when I get it restored.

JCFarms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCFarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 7:08am
I've been waiting on December to post this and I almost missed it.
By now most all have turned their Allis Connection Calendars to December. I'm proud to say my favorite tractor at this time is my AC 8010, it's the one you see on the December page at the bottom. I bought this tractor from that NEW "Grandpa" John "ILGleaner" about this time last year.
I put lots of work into her like all new AC compressor and associated parts, alternator and brackets, shift cables, water pump, water hoses, stripped and removed rust from cab floor and preserved-painted floor, and plan to do much more. Lights are next. I'll tell ya for a 30+ year old tractor the front end is really tight. I keep one those lectric battery powered grease guns and just about each time I run her, I pop a little grease in the front zerks, takes 2 minutes.
I use her to cut hay and bail mainly.
Almost lost her this year too, because I took the belly skid pan down and never put it back up. Wrapped grass around the front drive shaft until it caught the fuel hose between tanks. Ripped it off then the ball of grass and hose wrapped so big and tight that it plugged the fuel from spilling rapidly out of the tanks. So each handful of grass I'd cut away the fire would get air and then fuel would run out right before the time of combustion I'd spray it with water (had several plastic bottles of water) I punched a hole in the lid. It was scary but I didn't have time to worry about I was covered in diesel fuel with in two seconds of death each time I exposed the fire to air.
It really is weird but each time I look at that 8010 I smile. It's a great looking tractor. It'll be my favorite until I can find our 200 bought in May of '76.
Go ahead, walk over to the Allis Connection Calendar take a look at that 8010.

Preserving the floor

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:02am
My '52 WD that first belonged to my Dad. And here Dad is on it a few years ago.

-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:34am
Sorry not a tractor for me. Have to be my Combines. :)
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
Richmar View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:07am
my xt
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:37am
JC Farms be careful. I get wanting to save your tractor but be sure you don't get killed in the process. That sounds like a heck of a lot of risk you took to save her from burning up. My uncles alway said remember that the equipment can be replaced people can't.   Stay safe out there. And yes she is a nice looking tractor one to be proud of.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:01am
It would be my 39 B the first AC tractor for me though I had owned prolly 40 other diferent colors, bought from a retired AC dealer who is now about 90 and in the nursing home. I keep it in the car garage while the others stay out in the shed. You guys that have a tractor with family conections have something special.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:30pm
Not much to look at, but it still earns its keep around the farm.

1952 CA with Woods L-306 mower deck
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:32pm
That looks great to me love to see the old tractor which have made it all these years on the old paint. Shows how little work they needed over the years.
GaryL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by CALEBnOK CALEBnOK wrote:

Have to be the '35 uc my grandfather farmed with.

The uc holds dearest my heart but my 1907 32hp Reeves might give the uc a run for its money when I get it restored.

Caleb,

I would love to come out your way (from Norman) to look at those tractors.  That UC looks like the old steam powered tractors that hit the Rock River Thresheree show ever Labor Day weekend up in Janesville, Wi.  Those old beasts literally required three men and a small boy to operate!
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:32am
mine would be a 1956,wd-45 I was the first to drive it home from the dealer in warren,indiana.i was a junior in high school at the time.it remained on the farms,and never sat out side a day in its life.when my brother was killed on the farm,i brought the tractor with a freeman no.9 loader.it is permantly retired,and when I am gone,i know my children will appreciate it as much as I have.my daughter wants to put it in the agriculture meuseum in boerne texas.....
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:54am
To tell the truth I really don't have one, I have three pride and joy tractors.
 A 1938 A that belonged to dad and the sons and I restored 16 years ago.
 A 185 that I really have no reason for owning other than I always wanted one when I farmed but it never happened.
 Lastly a model C that I modified to duplicate Dad's. I have 5X in it what it is worth it but sees more hours than the other two combined x10.

It would be very hard for me to let go of any of them. They all hold equal value to me for various reasons.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 16 Dec 2015 at 10:55am
kmorth View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:11pm
Sold this on shortly after on the cover of fastline. Didn't really want to but the phone was ringing off the hook with offers even though it wasn't advertised for sale. bad picture took it with my phone from a picture.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:28pm
When I finish it my "Pride and Joy" will be a restored clone of Dads first B. This is a picture, that most of you have seen, Of Dad and me on the B.
I was born in May of 1940 and treasure this old photo.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:45am
My favorite has to be the one I don't have... A WD45 that my uncle Fritz Tschumper bought new.  It was the second I ever worked with. First was a Ford 8N (but that doesn't really count... wrong color)  His grandson's have it somewhere up by the Twin Cities.  I spent a lot of time on that tractor when I was young.
Even though I have 2 WD45s, a WC (they are FUN to drive), a D-17 (needs a lot of fixin) my favorite has to be my 'C'.  It is my grass cutter, so I spend a lot of time on it...  It is fixed up for me to be comfortable.  One of these days when my youngest Grandson gets big enough to reach the pedals, he'll get to cut the grass and then I hope it becomes his favorite! Big smile Wink

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:47pm
My favorite tractor would be one that RUNS!!!!! LOL!!! (color NOT important!) thanks; ac fleet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic